BARCLAY SHIELD 2023/24

Who will win Barclay Shield this season?

• Total voters
Knowing the Epping lads religiously check this site for any updates about them, I'm wondering if they can provide an update on where Cheema has been? Was actually having pretty good season
I heard cheema was the one who seen the ‘prez’ getting the $20 out of the till, once he caught him, the prez then gave the $20 to Cheema, Cheema then bought a Coke Zero with the $20 note. Cheema has been out since due to the guilt of using the $20. Cheema will also be back for finals heard it from Burner Boy, can you confirm?

I heard cheema was the one who seen the ‘prez’ getting the $20 out of the till, once he caught him, the prez then gave the $20 to Cheema, Cheema then bought a Coke Zero with the $20 note. Cheema has been out since due to the guilt of using the $20. Cheema will also be back for finals heard it from Burner Boy, can you confirm?
Can confirm, Cheema is $20 richer! That BMW won’t fuel itself

All aforementioned scenarios all in play after Day 1, certainly will keep it all interesting if Riverside can get up, NEW lose and Bundy win. Would really heap pressure.
Lots to go right between then and now though.

20/20 competition is dead Rivergum setting 7/90 in a GF is laughable better off going to train on the Tuesday night! Good old Epping back to there true self it seems almost choking heard a few rumours there was a bit of a crowd argument any truth to the rumour?

Drove past Macleod Park today looks like their clubrooms have been demolished. Probably explains why they are playing at Greensborough College.
Anyone know when they return back to home base ?

20/20 competition is dead Rivergum setting 7/90 in a GF is laughable better off going to train on the Tuesday night! Good old Epping back to there true self it seems almost choking heard a few rumours there was a bit of a crowd argument any truth to the rumour?

I don’t get the negativity.
Instead of taking pot shots at 2 clubs that you most likely have nothing to do with how about you look into the bowling on the night. Clearly both teams bowled exceptionally well and it was hard to score on the big ground.
The teams tied in the round robin games, was always a chance to be a close game.
If 20/20 isn’t for you then don’t have anything to do with it, just let people play cricket.

and as for any arguments, I highly doubt it. Former premiership team mates on opposing teams and brothers on opposing teams.

Epping very shaken up what’s going on there? Pearce dismissal is disgusting how are Epping flag favs President scandal must being playing a part??

Can anyone explain the captains knock for Rosebank with them needing 275 , then proceeds to get 32 runs himself of 148 balls and obtain the red ink in the process. Just doesn't make sense particularly since every bundoora player rolled their arm over as well

Can anyone explain the captains knock for Rosebank with them needing 275 , then proceeds to get 32 runs himself of 148 balls and obtain the red ink in the process. Just doesn't make sense particularly since every bundoora player rolled their arm over as well
Pretty obvious to not lose 10 wickets and have their percentage take a hit

Pretty obvious to not lose 10 wickets and have their percentage take a hit
Ok, relegation came into play. Research go well in 1 dayers so they're a big chance v Macleod at home, creek back in form so capable of knocking of rosanna as well.
Interesting weekend of cricket coming up with no dead rubbers

Last edited:
Didn't have my tipping shoes on this round. Going again with my predictor.

Heidelberg +6 vs Riverside
Rosanna+6 vs Research
Bundoora vs Rosebank +6
Macleod +6
vs NEW
Diamond Creek vs Epping +6

Rosebank + 6
vs Riverside
Research vs Macleod+6
Epping +6
vs Heidelberg
Rosanna + 6 vs Diamond Creek
NEW +6 vs Bundoora

Epping 66
Heidelberg 63
Macleod 57
NEW 48
Rosebank 39
Rosanna 39
Bundoora 33
Riverside 33
Research 27
Diamond Creek 15
2/5 on this one Savage.

Siders too good against Berg.
Macleod with Tim doing Tim things.
Rosebank??
Creek will be good watching this week
Bundy surprising everyone late, earning their $$.

Siders now makes 3 (Search, NEW and Berg) on the trot and could seriously cause some issues should they make finals from here.
NEW really needing all blokes back on the park this week.
Bundy anything could happen to shape the 4.

Macleod > Research
Ping > Berg
Riverside > Rosebank
NEW > Bundy
Rosanna > Creek

Epping
Berg
Macleod
NEW

Word is that Money and Mash will not be neutral grounds, rather whoever finishes higher gets the game. Barclay tbd on ground.
That is interesting. Not oppossed to it.
Still find it strange that the grand final is played over 2 weekends.
Would love to see it as on the one weekend with the second weekend being reserve days.

Would have thought you would just put time aside on the Sunday if it was all about that.
Ultimately you could end up playing a Saturday / Sunday in the second week anyway.
I think there's a distinct advantage to the team that bats on Day 1 of a Saturday / Sunday game. Shield grades playing on the following weekend, keep the Sunday free if needed, gives a lot of people a great chance to attend and see the climax of that grade.

Back