Bat Changes

hattrick

Bat Changes

Guys should bat changes if it aint broke be allowed.. ?? Cricket is one of the few sports were equipment can be changed if it is not broke..

Re: Bat Changes

hattrick;353241 said:
Guys should bat changes if it aint broke be allowed.. ?? Cricket is one of the few sports were equipment can be changed if it is not broke..

It is?

If you use your own equipment in most sports (within reason) you would be able to change it.

no, i dont think it should.
it may be allowed, but its seen as not cricket to do so. if you had three different bats fashioned for three different purposes, one for blocking, one for stroke play, and one for slogging, do you think that player would be looked down upon? i think they would.

hattrick;353241 said:

Have you seen a particular incident where the changing of a bat has had a controversial effect on a game? I'm just curious as I have never seen a situation that has prompted me to think of your above query.

namdarb;353633 said:
Have you seen a particular incident where the changing of a bat has had a controversial effect on a game? I'm just curious as I have never seen a situation that has prompted me to think of your above query.

its one of those things they us as viewers don't hear about or see. things like that happen between overs in add breaks or where the scorecard is being shown so we dont see it. cameras dont focus on it either. who knows if batsman are swapping bats in the strategy breaks in the IPL? batsman could be getting new bat after bat at drinks breaks.
if you want to make this a rule though you have to have a way of determining different bats so everyone knows.

Back