Bat Made Of Teak Wood, Advice Required

yashsr

Hello,

I made myself a bat made of teak wood. I know the best wood is willow, but do people also make bats of teak wood which is supposed to be very good for furniture?

The bat is currently is way too heavy, it is now weighing 6.3 pounds or 2.86 kgs. But the local manufacturer told me that since the wood is very new(about a week old from the tree), it will lose about half its weight by drying. so I've kept it under the sun. But I can't believe that it will lose half its weight. Can it? I ideally would want it to be about 2.7 pounds or about 1.25 kgs but its impossible to lose that much weight, correct?

Also, what are other woods that a bat can be made of? Rosewood?

What is the heaviest bat used in international cricket? I've heard Tendulkar has used 3 pound bats believed to be the heaviest and yet some tell Lance Klusener has used a bat much heavier than that, is this correct?

Willow is the only wood you can legally use for a cricket bat. English, or Kashmir. It's in the MCC rules for all games played in an official league (at least, I can't remember off the top of my head). Klusener used a 3'5 bat I think, or something similar. Paul Collingwood nets with a 4lb+bat, and Alex Tudor uses a 4lb bat in ECB-league matches in England.

I don't think so that there can be a rule only allowing willow... but then I don't care since most of the times we play int he backyard without any official rules.

A 4 pound bat though would quite heavy!! Wow What other wood do you think a decent cricket bat can be made of?

In the MCC rules there is a rule regarding what a bat can be made of, it is only willow in official matches! I've not really experimented with other woods, would be worth searching on the internet though!

Hello,

I made myself a bat made of teak wood. I know the best wood is willow, but do people also make bats of teak wood which is supposed to be very good for furniture?

The bat is currently is way too heavy, it is now weighing 6.3 pounds or 2.86 kgs. But the local manufacturer told me that since the wood is very new(about a week old from the tree), it will lose about half its weight by drying. so I've kept it under the sun. But I can't believe that it will lose half its weight. Can it? I ideally would want it to be about 2.7 pounds or about 1.25 kgs but its impossible to lose that much weight, correct?

Also, what are other woods that a bat can be made of? Rosewood?

What is the heaviest bat used in international cricket? I've heard Tendulkar has used 3 pound bats believed to be the heaviest and yet some tell Lance Klusener has used a bat much heavier than that, is this correct?

From what I can recall from my mate who worked with wood, if you're looking for the bat to be useable, you shouldn't try and speed up the drying process. You need to look into this in more depth if you're trying to make a bat that'll last a bit.

Back