Batting

russellbarnard

Batting

When ever i bat after we have bowled i always do better as i am a better bowler.

If there any way i can change my mindset when batting to do the same if we bat first or not?
Also when i bat i do not step forward enough when should you move forwards and when should you go back?

Re: Batting

Maybe this could get moved to the cricket explained section.

In regards to changing your mindset: What i have felt is a good way is to get in a good routine and make sure you stick to the same routine each and everytime you bat weather it be first or second. The mental aspect of cricket is the toughest IMO

Picking up the ball early is the key to deciding where you place your foot. You need to keep your weight evenly spread out when the ball is being bowled, thus to allow you quick and easy movement to either on the back foot or the front.

Getting on the backfoot si good to anything short but it also depends on the type of pitch you play on. IF you play on carpet (artificial) pitches it can be difficult to get on the backfoot in time as the ball often rushes onto you. In regards to turf pitches you need to asses the condition of the wicket. A slow, soft wicket the balls will sit up and are so much easier to play the majority of your shots of the backfoot. If the wicket is hard and fast quick movemnts are neeeded. If the wicket is dead, just watch going on the backfoot because you could get bowled by a ball that doesnt bounce. JUst take your time.

To increase your foot movement takes practice. I have found that a good way of going about is to get a mate to throw quick half vollleys at you to drive the ball. then get your mate to throw them further away from your body and just continue to move them out and a little shorter getting you to have to reach a little more. But reaching can be dangerous in games so dont do it too much as you dont want to pick up bad habits.

Well i hope that helped a little.

Back