Battrick Cup - First Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

mas cambios

Battrick Cup - First Round

Welcome to the first round of the battrick cup!

First Round Fixtures (as they stand)

To be played by no later than the 15th of March (which gives you 3 possible slots to get the game in).

Team named 1st is at home and must arrange fixture (unless otherwise arranged)

Overall Battrick rating of the team must be below 80,000

Keon Park CC
vs
Badger Creek CC

DKs Heroes
vs
Cook County Cricket Club

Jona CC
vs
King_Alp

Moscow Maulers CC
vs
Mambios CC

Kristen Stewart Cricket Club
vs
SriLanka69

whitnin warriors (bye)

Rules:

This is a handicap cup to help ensure fairness. This means that all teams entered must have a combined Battrick Rating of no more than 80,000. Now, this may be a challenge for some but as I said it's in an attempted to give all players a chance.

We have an odd number of teams at the moment, so as things stand there will be 2 'lucky losers' who get a reprieve into the 2nd round. However, I am trying to get 5 more teams to enter to make it an easy and rounded 16.

So you know, all teams have been allocated a number. It is this number which is used to generate fixtures, using an online random number generator. The lucky losers will be decided in the same manner (if they're needed).

Basic rules:

1. All games to be played in the Sunday friendly slot
2. Club named first is the home club
3. It is the responsibility of the home club to arrange the fixture
4. All games must be played within the specified time frame. If not then the team causing the problem defaults
5. It is the responsibility of the home club to report the result
6. Maximum battrick rating of 80,000 per team
7. If you are still in the cup up to and after the round cut off point, please let me know and things can be re-arranged
8. In the event of a tied game, then the result will be determined by wickets lost, if this is still a tie, then it will be given to the team that won the toss
9. Winning prize shall be 3 months of Battrick membership
10. My decision is final on all matters

Any problems at any time, then please pm me and I'll be happy to help.

Re: Battrick Cup - First Round

I like the idea of the 'salary cap', it's gonna make it tough to get the right balance between average players and stars.

Badger, I'm still in the Cup this week, are you?

Don't Bowl Short;328814 said:
I like the idea of the 'salary cap', it's gonna make it tough to get the right balance between average players and stars.

That's one reason for it, but the main reason is that we have a few new players. Gives them a chance to progress and makes it a bit more about skill and not just who's been playing the longest.

mas cambios;328810 said:
Welcome to the first round of the battrick cup!

First Round Fixtures (as they stand)

To be played by no later than the 15th of March (which gives you 3 possible slots to get the game in).

Team named 1st is at home and must arrange fixture (unless otherwise arranged)

Overall Battrick rating of the team must be below 80,000

Keon Park CC
vs
Badger Creek CC

DKs Heroes
vs
Cook County Cricket Club

Jona CC
vs
King_Alp

Moscow Maulers CC
vs
Mambios CC

Kristen Stewart Cricket Club
vs
SriLanka69

whitnin warriors (bye)

Rules:

This is a handicap cup to help ensure fairness. This means that all teams entered must have a combined Battrick Rating of no more than 80,000. Now, this may be a challenge for some but as I said it's in an attempted to give all players a chance.

We have an odd number of teams at the moment, so as things stand there will be 2 'lucky losers' who get a reprieve into the 2nd round. However, I am trying to get 5 more teams to enter to make it an easy and rounded 16.

So you know, all teams have been allocated a number. It is this number which is used to generate fixtures, using an online random number generator. The lucky losers will be decided in the same manner (if they're needed).

Basic rules:

1. All games to be played in the Sunday friendly slot
2. Club named first is the home club
3. It is the responsibility of the home club to arrange the fixture
4. All games must be played within the specified time frame. If not then the team causing the problem defaults
5. It is the responsibility of the home club to report the result
6. Maximum battrick rating of 80,000 per team
7. If you are still in the cup up to and after the round cut off point, please let me know and things can be re-arranged
8. In the event of a tied game, then the result will be determined by wickets lost, if this is still a tie, then it will be given to the team that won the toss
9. Winning prize shall be 3 months of Battrick membership
10. My decision is final on all matters

Any problems at any time, then please pm me and I'll be happy to help.
straight 2 the 2nd round cant complain lol

Havent been on for a bit anyways lets get this thing started.

havent been challeneged yet though which is good I would prefer bnext week my players are kinda screwed but its not up to me xD

MC are you still in the cup, if no, then Ill organise it for this slot or next.

Bluto11;332326 said:
I'm still in the Windies Cup, but will probably be out after this week

Don't Bowl Short;331065 said:
I'm in the cup for another week but will most likely get killed this time.

That's ok - you have another week at least anyway.

I will be dropping out of the cup i decided to restart on battrick sorry bout that.

Mambios CC
4/255
Coterill 78
Lewis 68*
Den Brink 2/24

Defeated By

Moscow Maulers
7/256 off 46.2
Hyman 105*
Naysmith 3/36

Sorry Mas.

Apologies to all but sadly due to unforseen cirumstances, I've had to pull this competition.

We will try to get something going in the future, but at the moment I think we need to grow membership base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back