Battrick - Season 11 Chat

Re: Battrick - Season 11 Chat

271-5 very good score Breeno your batters really powered along in the last few overs.Noone has scored that much against me in an OD in a while then again I always go really bad in friendlies for some reason >.>

Lets see if your bowlers can defend your score.

Lol dont blame you although I am trying to spend 200ishk to find a decent spinner I dont have one yet.

my spinner that played today is med/med/med

Breeno yu might wanna buy a decent bowler havent got 1 of my openers out yet ;)

Easy win for me unless I collapse.

Nigel Maxfield - 19 yo, BT Rating=85,449
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic fitness.
A steady player with strong leadership skills and mediocre experience.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: competent
Batting: exceptional Concentration: exceptional
Bowling: worthless Consistency: quality
Fielding: competent

Edward Hazell - 19 yo, BT Rating=63,473
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, drained fitness.
A destructive player with feeble leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: wonderful Concentration: strong
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: quality
Fielding: worthless

Question: Do i need to put up a player for sale or delist him watever to bring in a new player?

I am trying to bring in players into my team but don't seem to have much luck with the transfers

Lol dont blame you although I am trying to spend 200ishk to find a decent spinner I dont have one yet.

my spinner that played today is med/med/med

Nigel Maxfield - 19 yo, BT Rating=85,449
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic fitness.
A steady player with strong leadership skills and mediocre experience.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: competent
Batting: exceptional Concentration: exceptional
Bowling: worthless Consistency: quality
Fielding: competent

Edward Hazell - 19 yo, BT Rating=63,473
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, drained fitness.
A destructive player with feeble leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: wonderful Concentration: strong
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: quality

D.K;304505 said:
Question: Do i need to put up a player for sale or delist him watever to bring in a new player?

I am trying to bring in players into my team but don't seem to have much luck with the transfers

What do you mean not having much luck? Unable to win them, or unable to find the players you want?

breeno;304515 said:
What do you mean not having much luck? Unable to win them, or unable to find the players you want?

JUst cant win the players I want.

D.K;304505 said:

D.K;304524 said:

Best way is to set yourself a maximum figure and then stick to it.

Use the search function to find players that fit your requirements and whose listing ends at a time when you can be near the computer. Don't bother bidding early as this will only increase the price needlessly.

It's a good idea to wait until there are 3/4 minutes left then put a bid in. You may have a bidding war but keep going until you reach your limit, don't go over it as it's probably not worth it.

There are certain times when the site is dead and you can get bargains, so it pays to look at the number of users online. Also, check who last bid on a player and if they are online. This is one way of checking if you're likely to get pitched into a bidding battle.

breeno;304515 said:

had a bowling pop to sensational consistency. wonder if he'll pop once more before he ages. Would love it if he did!

Two players popped last training :D

Code:
Jerrell Winner - 17 yo, BT Rating=14,707
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, lively fitness.
A steady player with proficient leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: 	proficient 	Wicket Keeping: 	worthless
Batting: 	[B]respectable[/B] 	Concentration: 	strong
Bowling: 	worthless 	Consistency: 	abysmal
Fielding: 	woeful

Code:
Pete Van niekerk - 17 yo, BT Rating=9,438
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, abysmal bowling form, invigorated fitness.
An attacking player with mediocre leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: 	respectable 	Wicket Keeping: 	worthless
Batting: 	worthless 	Concentration: 	abysmal
Bowling: 	[B]proficient 	[/B]Consistency: 	respectable
Fielding: 	[B]feeble[/B]

D.K;304524 said:

Best way is to set yourself a maximum figure and then stick to it.

Use the search function to find players that fit your requirements and whose listing ends at a time when you can be near the computer. Don't bother bidding early as this will only increase the price needlessly.

It's a good idea to wait until there are 3/4 minutes left then put a bid in. You may have a bidding war but keep going until you reach your limit, don't go over it as it's probably not worth it.

There are certain times when the site is dead and you can get bargains, so it pays to look at the number of users online. Also, check who last bid on a player and if they are online. This is one way of checking if you're likely to get pitched into a bidding battle.

With the youth academy, if you don't invest any money can you still go "Start developing a new youth player"?

It also says You currently have 50 ITS to allocate to a new player.
You can only allocate 32 of these ITS to a new player of this age.

Then at the end, Your player will not be released from the academy until you check the finalise box, so you can chop and change as much as you want until you are ready.

So if I allocate 32 to one player and click update, what happens?

Youth academy seems bloody confusing when you start out..

had a bowling pop to sensational consistency. wonder if he'll pop once more before he ages. Would love it if he did!

Sundries;308350 said:
With the youth academy, if you don't invest any money can you still go "Start developing a new youth player"?

Then at the end, Your player will not be released from the academy until you check the finalise box, so you can chop and change as much as you want until you are ready.

you get a new player and the number of ITS that you have goes down by the number that you used on the new player

Two players popped last training :D

Code:
Jerrell Winner - 17 yo, BT Rating=14,707
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, lively fitness.
A steady player with proficient leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: 	proficient 	Wicket Keeping: 	worthless
Batting: 	[B]respectable[/B] 	Concentration: 	strong
Bowling: 	worthless 	Consistency: 	abysmal
Fielding: 	woeful

Code:
Pete Van niekerk - 17 yo, BT Rating=9,438
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, abysmal bowling form, invigorated fitness.
An attacking player with mediocre leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: 	respectable 	Wicket Keeping: 	worthless
Batting: 	worthless 	Concentration: 	abysmal
Bowling: 	[B]proficient 	[/B]Consistency: 	respectable
Fielding: 	[B]feeble[/B]

Can you still do it without investing any money?

Also, can I challenge you too a friendly? Looks like you have a good squad and I need the money? :p

Worship the greatness of my buy

3. Ricky Harley - 20 yo, BT Rating=31,269
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, proficient bowling form, sublime fitness.
A cautious player with respectable leadership skills and respectable experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: wonderful Concentration: superb
Bowling: worthless Consistency: competent

5.2 ml

Also marvell at my leet pop

Zatiah Milner - 19 yo, BT Rating=89,298
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic fitness.
A destructive player with strong leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: respectable
Batting: sensational Concentration: exceptional
Bowling: feeble Consistency: proficient
Fielding: strong

Sundries;308350 said:

you get a new player and the number of ITS that you have goes down by the number that you used on the new player

Also, can I challenge you too a friendly? Looks like you have a good squad and I need the money? :p

Sundries;308575 said:

challenge away, if you play at my place you'll get a bigger crowd, but with the time difference you may not get to follow along live. I'll play my scrubs :)

Worship the greatness of my buy

3. Ricky Harley - 20 yo, BT Rating=31,269
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, proficient bowling form, sublime fitness.
A cautious player with respectable leadership skills and respectable experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: wonderful Concentration: superb
Bowling: worthless Consistency: competent

5.2 ml

Also marvell at my leet pop

Zatiah Milner - 19 yo, BT Rating=89,298
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic fitness.
A destructive player with strong leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: respectable
Batting: sensational Concentration: exceptional
Bowling: feeble Consistency: proficient
Fielding: strong

Sundries, is your team Wide Bowling? I have a challenge from that team. Want to make sure I accept the right one!

Bluto11;309135 said:
Sundries, is your team Wide Bowling? I have a challenge from that team. Want to make sure I accept the right one!

Yep that's me. Pretty average team right? :p

I'm going to get SLAUGHTERED haha.

Sundries;308575 said:

challenge away, if you play at my place you'll get a bigger crowd, but with the time difference you may not get to follow along live. I'll play my scrubs :)

Sundries;309137 said:
Yep that's me. Pretty average team right? :p

I'm going to get SLAUGHTERED haha.
just accepted :)

I'm not going to play any of my starters so it may actually be close. Do you want to bat first or bowl first? It makes no difference to me. If you let me know I can set my "what to do after toss" to the opposite of what you want to do so that you are guaranteed your choice (as in if you want to bat i'll set mine to field, and vice versa. that way if you lose the toss you'll still get your choice)

The training of my best spinner and batsman are coming along nicely, with the batsman popping to respectable two nets ago.

Code:
Sam Charvet-jones - 17 yo, BT Rating=7,330
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, proficient bowling form, fresh fitness.
A steady player with mediocre leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: 	feeble 	Wicket Keeping: 	worthless
Batting: 	respectable 	Concentration: 	respectable
Bowling: 	worthless 	Consistency: 	worthless
Fielding: 	worthless 	  	 

Jordan Den Brink - 17 yo, BT Rating=7,130
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, mediocre batting form, superb bowling form, fair fitness.
A defensive player with strong leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: 	competent 	Wicket Keeping: 	worthless
Batting: 	abysmal 	Concentration: 	mediocre
Bowling: 	competent 	Consistency: 	competent
Fielding: 	feeble

Back