Battrick - Season 11 Chat

Re: Battrick - Season 11 Chat

Bluto11;309135 said:
Sundries, is your team Wide Bowling? I have a challenge from that team. Want to make sure I accept the right one!

Yep that's me. Pretty average team right? :p

I'm going to get SLAUGHTERED haha.

Hey blokes, just starting to get a hang of this battrick thing, making 70K profit this week :D

Next season, I will be promoted in both leagues.(will probably get demoted next season).

ATM I am training

Lucas Pollard - 17 yo, BT Rating=6,589
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, strong batting form, proficient bowling form, fresh fitness.
An attacking player with proficient leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: competent Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: feeble

Dominic Bloomfield - 17 yo, BT Rating=5,317
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, woeful batting form, competent bowling form, lively fitness.
A steady player with feeble leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: competent Concentration: competent
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

Matthew Garricks - 17 yo, BT Rating=4,774
RH Batsman, LF Bowler, superb batting form, strong bowling form, invigorated fitness.
A destructive player with abysmal leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: woeful
Bowling: competent Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: woeful

Now for next year, should I sell these guys, keep training, or keep and buy some more trainees?

This is the part I'm really not sure about as I heard it's hard to get good, cheap trainees at the start of a season.

Do you need an all rounder?

Also, how long is the off season?

Cheers. :)

Sundries;309137 said:
Yep that's me. Pretty average team right? :p

I'm going to get SLAUGHTERED haha.
just accepted :)

I'm not going to play any of my starters so it may actually be close. Do you want to bat first or bowl first? It makes no difference to me. If you let me know I can set my "what to do after toss" to the opposite of what you want to do so that you are guaranteed your choice (as in if you want to bat i'll set mine to field, and vice versa. that way if you lose the toss you'll still get your choice)

Off season is about 2 weeks I think.

As for the sell/train well, I would maybe sell 1 and keep 2 but it depends on your team needs. With training they'll be amongst the best you have and it's not good selling unless you can bring in at the very least, like for like and cheaper.

The training of my best spinner and batsman are coming along nicely, with the batsman popping to respectable two nets ago.

Code:
Sam Charvet-jones - 17 yo, BT Rating=7,330
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, proficient bowling form, fresh fitness.
A steady player with mediocre leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: 	feeble 	Wicket Keeping: 	worthless
Batting: 	respectable 	Concentration: 	respectable
Bowling: 	worthless 	Consistency: 	worthless
Fielding: 	worthless 	  	 

Jordan Den Brink - 17 yo, BT Rating=7,130
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, mediocre batting form, superb bowling form, fair fitness.
A defensive player with strong leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: 	competent 	Wicket Keeping: 	worthless
Batting: 	abysmal 	Concentration: 	mediocre
Bowling: 	competent 	Consistency: 	competent
Fielding: 	feeble

Hey blokes, just starting to get a hang of this battrick thing, making 70K profit this week :D

Next season, I will be promoted in both leagues.(will probably get demoted next season).

ATM I am training

Lucas Pollard - 17 yo, BT Rating=6,589
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, strong batting form, proficient bowling form, fresh fitness.
An attacking player with proficient leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: competent Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: feeble

Dominic Bloomfield - 17 yo, BT Rating=5,317
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, woeful batting form, competent bowling form, lively fitness.
A steady player with feeble leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: competent Concentration: competent
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

Matthew Garricks - 17 yo, BT Rating=4,774
RH Batsman, LF Bowler, superb batting form, strong bowling form, invigorated fitness.
A destructive player with abysmal leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: woeful
Bowling: competent Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: woeful

Now for next year, should I sell these guys, keep training, or keep and buy some more trainees?

This is the part I'm really not sure about as I heard it's hard to get good, cheap trainees at the start of a season.

Do you need an all rounder?

Also, how long is the off season?

Cheers. :)

They do but the problem is that they become 18 year olds!

You have to have a balance to be honest. You need to have a few players on long terms nets in order to form the backbone of your team, whilst also having a number to be used to generate income.

Generally, what I would do in the season is find 4 good trainees (min of feeble stamina and comp primary) and train them up on 2x primary nets each with a rotating stamina net.

After the end of the season, keep 3, sell 1 and bring in a fresh 17 year old. Again, rotate the stamina nets.

By this time you'll have 3x 19 year olds with passable primaries and an 18 year old on the way.

Sell 1 of the 19 year olds and place the other 2 on 1 x primary with 1 x fielding roating between them. Keep the 18 year on 2 primary nets and then you have 5 nets again to bring in 2 fresh 17 year olds.

Bring in another 17 year old, 2 nets for primary again and maybe also bring in another 17 year on one net to sell. Again rotate stamina nets.

Keep training key players until 22/23. By the time the first set reach that age you should start to have a good team forming, money in the bank and plenty of options.

Of course you can vary this (somewhere someone has actually created some better plans than I have) but that is the general gist of a training plan. You train a few, keep some for your team in order to improve and sell others for revenue.

Off season is about 2 weeks I think.

As for the sell/train well, I would maybe sell 1 and keep 2 but it depends on your team needs. With training they'll be amongst the best you have and it's not good selling unless you can bring in at the very least, like for like and cheaper.

I am getting bloody belted here.

End of Over 6: 44-0, runrate=7.33
Hodgetts 3-0-25-0
Kagkwo* 20 (18 balls)
Crossley 23 (18 balls)

OK could MC or Bluto or any1 else who is smart help me out here.

At the end of the season I am going to take a gamble with the youth acadamy and attempt to pull an allrounder.If I am sucessful I would like some net spaces to train him so my question is with the folloing players (they are on 3x Primary, 1xStamina and 1xFielding) which one should I keep training and which one should I remove from the nets.

With hte one that I remove should I sell him or keep him for my team.My battine and bowling for my team is pretty even.

Code:
Pete Van niekerk - 17 yo, BT Rating=10,502
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, mediocre bowling form, invigorated fitness.
An attacking player with mediocre leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: 	respectable 	Wicket Keeping: 	worthless
Batting: 	worthless 	Concentration: 	abysmal
Bowling: 	proficient 	Consistency: 	respectable
Fielding: 	mediocre

Code:
Jerrell Winner - 17 yo, BT Rating=14,866
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, strong bowling form, invigorated fitness.
A steady player with proficient leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: 	proficient 	Wicket Keeping: 	worthless
Batting: 	respectable 	Concentration: 	strong
Bowling: 	worthless 	Consistency: 	abysmal

You have to have a balance to be honest. You need to have a few players on long terms nets in order to form the backbone of your team, whilst also having a number to be used to generate income.

Generally, what I would do in the season is find 4 good trainees (min of feeble stamina and comp primary) and train them up on 2x primary nets each with a rotating stamina net.

After the end of the season, keep 3, sell 1 and bring in a fresh 17 year old. Again, rotate the stamina nets.

By this time you'll have 3x 19 year olds with passable primaries and an 18 year old on the way.

Sell 1 of the 19 year olds and place the other 2 on 1 x primary with 1 x fielding roating between them. Keep the 18 year on 2 primary nets and then you have 5 nets again to bring in 2 fresh 17 year olds.

Bring in another 17 year old, 2 nets for primary again and maybe also bring in another 17 year on one net to sell. Again rotate stamina nets.

Keep training key players until 22/23. By the time the first set reach that age you should start to have a good team forming, money in the bank and plenty of options.

Of course you can vary this (somewhere someone has actually created some better plans than I have) but that is the general gist of a training plan. You train a few, keep some for your team in order to improve and sell others for revenue.

Do you need a bowler or a batsman more? How long ago did both of them pop in their primary?

Hodgetts 3-0-25-0
Kagkwo* 20 (18 balls)
Crossley 23 (18 balls)

Edge;311144 said:

At the end of the season I am going to take a gamble with the youth acadamy and attempt to pull an allrounder.If I am sucessful I would like some net spaces to train him so my question is with the folloing players (they are on 3x Primary, 1xStamina and 1xFielding) which one should I keep training and which one should I remove from the nets.

With hte one that I remove should I sell him or keep him for my team.My battine and bowling for my team is pretty even.

I would suggest putting them both onto 2x primary with 1 stamina net between them. This would free up 5 nets which would allow you to train a good all-rounder on 2x primary for both batting and bowling and 1x stamina.

At the moment you risk having their secondary skills getting out of hand and to be honest, unless you have an u19 prospect (which neither of these are) there is little point in 3x netting the primary skill past the age 17.

Even if you don't pull what you're looking for you'll have space for 2 more trainees, which is no bad thing.

Code:
Pete Van niekerk - 17 yo, BT Rating=10,502
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, mediocre bowling form, invigorated fitness.
An attacking player with mediocre leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: 	respectable 	Wicket Keeping: 	worthless
Batting: 	worthless 	Concentration: 	abysmal
Bowling: 	proficient 	Consistency: 	respectable
Fielding: 	mediocre

Code:
Jerrell Winner - 17 yo, BT Rating=14,866
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, strong bowling form, invigorated fitness.
A steady player with proficient leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: 	proficient 	Wicket Keeping: 	worthless
Batting: 	respectable 	Concentration: 	strong
Bowling: 	worthless 	Consistency: 	abysmal

Jonesy;311156 said:
Do you need a bowler or a batsman more? How long ago did both of them pop in their primary?

Like I said my team is pretty even so either one is fine.

They both popped in their primaries 2 or 3 sessions ago though I think it was 2.

Aleks.;311133 said:

Hodgetts 3-0-25-0
Kagkwo* 20 (18 balls)
Crossley 23 (18 balls)

Belted is what I did to the bottom placed team in my group... with 9/11 players from my 2nd XI.

3/397 (50 overs)

Edge;311144 said:

I would suggest putting them both onto 2x primary with 1 stamina net between them. This would free up 5 nets which would allow you to train a good all-rounder on 2x primary for both batting and bowling and 1x stamina.

At the moment you risk having their secondary skills getting out of hand and to be honest, unless you have an u19 prospect (which neither of these are) there is little point in 3x netting the primary skill past the age 17.

Even if you don't pull what you're looking for you'll have space for 2 more trainees, which is no bad thing.

Jonesy;311156 said:

Like I said my team is pretty even so either one is fine.

They both popped in their primaries 2 or 3 sessions ago though I think it was 2.

My teams getting it together after a slow start to my season, won my last 3 or 4, and moved from last on the ladder to in the top 5:D

Aleks.;311133 said:

Hodgetts 3-0-25-0
Kagkwo* 20 (18 balls)
Crossley 23 (18 balls)

Belted is what I did to the bottom placed team in my group... with 9/11 players from my 2nd XI.

3/397 (50 overs)

I completely pulverised my opposition yesterday and then jump on them and squished them some more :D

Im coming first in both leagues Breeno :p

My teams getting it together after a slow start to my season, won my last 3 or 4, and moved from last on the ladder to in the top 5:D

I've given up for the season. Will finshed 4th in my FC league and probably 5th in the OD. Would have dont a lot better (probably 2nd or 3rd in FC and 3rd in OD) if I'd kept the same team that I started the season with.

Makes it interesting for next season though.

I completely pulverised my opposition yesterday and then jump on them and squished them some more :D

Im coming first in both leagues Breeno :p

2nd year in a row i will finish 2nd in Div V in FC

Last year I gave up on Div V in OD as it was very tough league and lost last 4 games on purpose to get demoted. This year I've played my 2nd XI every game in Div VI and am undefeated with a NRR of 60+.

I've given up for the season. Will finshed 4th in my FC league and probably 5th in the OD. Would have dont a lot better (probably 2nd or 3rd in FC and 3rd in OD) if I'd kept the same team that I started the season with.

Makes it interesting for next season though.

mas cambios;311008 said:

Cheers for that!

It's all very confusing isn't it? :p

It can be, there are better examples than that out there though.

The main theme is just you should have a conveyor belt of trainees, some are kept, some are sold etc.

2nd year in a row i will finish 2nd in Div V in FC

Last year I gave up on Div V in OD as it was very tough league and lost last 4 games on purpose to get demoted. This year I've played my 2nd XI every game in Div VI and am undefeated with a NRR of 60+.

Back