Bcci Rejects Udrs In India Vs England Test Series

Do you support UDRS

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unsure?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kunal Nanda

Once again the BCCI has shown that its not going to go with the majority. Pretty much everyone is in support of a system that will make decision making more transparent in a game.

If it's available they should have it, I think the fact that India don't use the system very well is why the BCCI are reluctant to have it for the test series.

If it's available they should have it, I think the fact that India don't use the system very well is why the BCCI are reluctant to have it for the test series.

I agree with your point, however if thats the case then the BCCI should make sure that India use the system properly. Their rejection to a fairer system of umpiring is causing them to lose any goodwill they have in international cricket.

What I find surprising is that generally Indian cricketers are not allowed to have a say in these matters. Yet in this case the likes of Sachin Tendulkar and Mahendra Singh Dhoni's vocal rejection is allowed by the BCCI.

I agree with your point, however if thats the case then the BCCI should make sure that India use the system properly. Their rejection to a fairer system of umpiring is causing them to lose any goodwill they have in international cricket.

What I find surprising is that generally Indian cricketers are not allowed to have a say in these matters. Yet in this case the likes of Sachin Tendulkar and Mahendra Singh Dhoni's vocal rejection is allowed by the BCCI.

There's no easy way to make the players learn how to use it better, it simply comes down to their ability to make the right call on field. Sure, a bit of training might help but I think adrenalin, crowd and other factors get in the way and then the wrong decision is made most of the time.

The BCCI have been a questionable organisation for a while now, the power they wield in the international cricket is too great and the power they have in their own country is very, very strong. It's no surprise that they will let favourites such as the two players you mention talk whilst everyone else has to keep quiet. Tendulkar and Dhoni bring in the crowds in India so letting them speak is not really a shock.

To combat this, the ICC need to make UDRS complusory or ban it altogether. We can't keep having series where it is present in some but not in others.

I do believe that UDRS has to be used with every ODi.It is better to relay on the technology rather than just cursing the upire once the decision is being made

Back