Bcci Vs Csa: The Most Needless Cricketing Battle

troll3y

This is getting silly. The BCCI's backup plan for the WHOLE FTP-SCHEDULED TOUR OF SOUTH AFRICA is hosting an ODI tri-series with Pakistan and overfamiliar nemesis Sri Lanka. An Asian Cricket Council meeting between India, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka is scheduled today (Saturday), while South African and Indian Board representatives -- one of whom is Haroon Lorgat -- are meeting on Monday to try and resolve this stupid stalemate between the two Boards.

I do like an ODI tri-series, but definitely not in this case. An ongoing dispute between the BCCI and Cricket South Africa will have many repercussions on world cricket.

So the outcome of the first (ACC) meeting is that the Asia Cup -- featuring the four* Asian Test-playing nations -- has tentatively been scheduled, prior to broadcaster confirmation, between February 24 and March 7 leading straight into the World T20. If the broadcaster confirms the events (and I'm not sure how I feel about cricketing tours and schedules being dictated by broadcasters), then this will be excellent news as it means there won't be a pointless tri-series in place of India's tour of South Africa, and it would increase the likeliness of that tour going ahead. Fingers crossed!

* the comments on that article make the valid point that there's scope for Associates to be included in the Asia Cup tournament, especially considering Bangladesh's success. It would mean more ODIs in the tournament, so I don't see the BCCI having a problem :p. Afghanistan is a definite 'yes' for me, and while I think there's still a lot of room for improvement and maturity from the Nepal team, they are capable of making up the sixth team.

So the outcome of the first (ACC) meeting is that the Asia Cup -- featuring the four* Asian Test-playing nations -- has tentatively been scheduled, prior to broadcaster confirmation, between February 24 and March 7 leading straight into the World T20. If the broadcaster confirms the events (and I'm not sure how I feel about cricketing tours and schedules being dictated by broadcasters), then this will be excellent news as it means there won't be a pointless tri-series in place of India's tour of South Africa, and it would increase the likeliness of that tour going ahead. Fingers crossed!

Thank God some sense has prevailed!

India and South Africa should have three Tests, three ODI's and three T20's. End of story.

Plus, India should add an extra Test to the series with New Zealand (grrrh!).

Edit: Mind you, we've only given Bangladesh two Tests. Stupid boards!

* the comments on that article make the valid point that there's scope for Associates to be included in the Asia Cup tournament, especially considering Bangladesh's success. It would mean more ODIs in the tournament, so I don't see the BCCI having a problem :p. Afghanistan is a definite 'yes' for me, and while I think there's still a lot of room for improvement and maturity from the Nepal team, they are capable of making up the sixth team.

Afghanistan would be competitive but Nepal would get absolutely slaughtered. I agree that it needs to be more inclusive though and inviting Afghanistan would be a very good start.

http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-new...source=ig&utm_medium=news&utm_campaign=gadget

So let's be honest. The BCCI have yet again got away with behaving like two year olds having a tanty. I personally would not care if the BCCI was expelled and Indian cricket took a break while their administrators learn to stop being immature children. Yes Becker was a sucker and CSA have pushed a bit, but funny how the truth always sends the BCCI into an uncontrolled spin with consequences way out of proportion to the event. Cricket may be a political economic animal but that only confirms the need for calm and rational hands to guide the ship. The power and influence the BCCI is having on the ICC is past problematic and entering destructive. They will see international cricket descend into a T20 competition for gambling, organised crime and low skilled players. The cricket world needs to take control of the game back before it disappears in to a game of hit and run. If India spits it on tour and wants to go home, send them and fine them. They need to learn to play cricket and stop playing politics with the game.

Back