Becks to LA Galaxy

B

BigJeff

Becks to LA Galaxy

i forgot to post this here but now that i remembered, thoughts (especially before i give mine)?

Re: Becks to LA Galaxy

Makes me VERY excited, having bought my Toronto FC tickets as soon as they were available. Front row, in the corner, he'll hear every word I say!

I can't believe how well those Toronto FC tickets are selling. I'm glad MLS was able to expand to Toronto. That franchise is going to be a major success.

As for Becks, he's already been a massive success for the league, getting a ton of media coverage and selling lots and lots of tickets in LA and a large amount for the rest of the teams too. It's looking like a very smart move on MLS's part right now.

I'm also quite surprised (pleasantly so) at how well the tickets are selling. Last I checked they were over 10,000 seasons tickets sold, and they haven't even started selling single game tickets yet. I got in as soon as they started selling (I think I am season's ticket holder number 12) but it seems a lot of other people have had the same idea.

Were you able to get some cheap seats before they sold out?

Money hungry f*ckwit. Sure it's fantastic for North American soccer, but think how else the money could be spent on hospitals, charitys and orphanages.

EDIT: And FFS New Orleans. Money hungry pigs.

I had the pick of any tickets I wanted. The cheapest seats were $200 for the season, the most expensive were $1500. I went for $240, which are, as I said, in the corner in the front row. Should be decent enough, and the price was right!

I've also got tickets to the U20 World Cup next summer, but they are higher up and nearer centre field. If anyone's ever interested in either, give me a shout and I'll sell them for cost (that is, if I'm not using them).

SouthSwans;130983 said:
Money hungry f*ckwit. Sure it's fantastic for North American soccer, but think how else the money could be spent on hospitals, charitys and orphanages.

EDIT: And FFS New Orleans. Money hungry pigs.
:rolleyes: as if Beckham took money that would've otherwise been spent on hospitals or New Orleans :rolleyes:

Wilbix;130985 said:
I had the pick of any tickets I wanted. The cheapest seats were $200 for the season, the most expensive were $1500. I went for $240, which are, as I said, in the corner in the front row. Should be decent enough, and the price was right!

I've also got tickets to the U20 World Cup next summer, but they are higher up and nearer centre field. If anyone's ever interested in either, give me a shout and I'll sell them for cost (that is, if I'm not using them).
Good man getting in there early, before the $200, $240, and $500 seats all sold out.

I've thought about maybe heading up for a Crew game there, because I've enjoyed Toronto when I've been there, but apparently I'd have to buy a passport now. And yeah, I probably should have one anyway, but I've gotten by just fine all these years without one.

And yeah, I've been a Crew season ticket holder since 1998 (there was no need to buy tickets in advance back at the gigantic Ohio Stadium).

As for the U-20 World Cup, that should be a blast. I love international competitions like that.

cleazer;131007 said:
:rolleyes: as if Beckham took money that would've otherwise been spent on hospitals or New Orleans :rolleyes:
I know it wouldnt have been spent on that but I'm just saying people need to resourse their money better. I mean instead of giving one person millions upon millions of dollars a year to kick a ball around in circles you could better facilitate it. It angers up the blood.

cleazer;131009 said:
Good man getting in there early, before the $200, $240, and $500 seats all sold out.

I've thought about maybe heading up for a Crew game there, because I've enjoyed Toronto when I've been there, but apparently I'd have to buy a passport now. And yeah, I probably should have one anyway, but I've gotten by just fine all these years without one.

And yeah, I've been a Crew season ticket holder since 1998 (there was no need to buy tickets in advance back at the gigantic Ohio Stadium).

As for the U-20 World Cup, that should be a blast. I love international competitions like that.

How many people did they draw at the Horseshoe? are they in a different stadium now? In any case, if you want to come up for a Crew game, do it! Maybe I'll come down and watch an OSU game in the fall :D They don't play Notre Dame anytime soon do they?

Wilbix;131014 said:
How many people did they draw at the Horseshoe?
Ohio Stadium seats 104,000. The most the Crew ever got was somewhere around 30,000.
Wilbix;131014 said:
are they in a different stadium now?
Crew Stadium. It seats 22,555. The first true soccer stadium in MLS. We were the trailblazer for the rest of the league.
Wilbix;131014 said:
Maybe I'll come down and watch an OSU game in the fall :D
If you do, make sure you're prepared and educated beforehand. For a stadium that seats 104K, tickets can be surprisingly difficult to come by and quite expensive for some games. It's one of the most unique experiences in the sporting world though, walking into the stadium surrounded by 110,000 ravenous and passionate fanatics.

Just watch out for the burning couches and mattresses afterwards. :p

Wilbix;131014 said:
They don't play Notre Dame anytime soon do they?
Check out Notre Dame's future schedule here. Of course, I think only 2007 and 2008 are really set in stone. You never know if the Buckeyes and Irish will schedule each other in the future. Nothing is planned right now, but schedules change, and tv would pay out big money when two uber-giants like Notre Dame and Ohio State play a 2-game series.

Notre Dame and Ohio State are probably the 2 best supported teams in the entire country. In any sport.

We are getting off-topic now, but I guess it's still about Football, right? :D

I'm sure a ND/OSU game would be just ridiculous in terms of fandom - regardless of where the teams are in the rankings at the time. I was hoping against hope that the Irish would make it to the finals this year, but they really underacheived. And then once again, the BCS overvalued them and they got stomped by a superior team. But that's another story.

How about that Beckham guy?!?!?

Wilbix;131027 said:
How about that Beckham guy?!?!?
Maybe overvalued, but just like Notre Dame, he puts butts in the seats and gets people to turn on their television sets. :D

David Beckham, the Notre Dame of world soccer.

Does anyone agree with me on this or is this just - as "typically hypocritical" Suzi would call it - "another typically stupid SouthSwans post" ??

cleazer;131036 said:
Maybe overvalued, but just like Notre Dame, he puts butts in the seats and gets people to turn on their television sets. :D

David Beckham, the Notre Dame of world soccer.

Gotta agree here. Bums on seats is a big factor.

I see it nothing more then a lifestyle change for Beckham.

He has played in 2 of the biggest leagues in the world, has tasted a lot of success and played in World Cups. He says now he needs a new challenge, but all I see is him being in America exposes him and his wife to the other A-Listers of Hollywood.

The amount of money is a little gross, but the money that he will bring into MLS and the LA Galaxay will be awesome.

Great move by the Galaxay to pick up Beckham when he has a little bit left of football in him.

Back