Best APS Sledge/Sledger of 2008

Re: Best APS Sledge/Sledger of 2008

big.swing.no.ding;214160 said:
ive heard some classics and also that chancellor is very good

sledging is an art form. it is mis-interpreted amongst APS players as aggressive and derogatory. sledging, can be light hearted banter. anything to take the batsmans mind of the game and affect his concentration and therefor shot selection and execution.

when we played mgs gooley under the lid was superb. his light hearted 'joke athon' and general mischeivous banter with morris behind the stumps and land at short leg was truly superb. this definately took our batsmans mind of the game as each and every one commented after they came off how funny some of the jokes were. even meg lanning had a smile.

in summary, i dont know who the best sledger is. it isnt hard to say 'ur f***in sh*t. play strait u muppet. but the more SUBTLE way that curtain enjoys as well from xavier is this way the game should be played. then ofcourse team morale will go up

J. Wood under the helmet against caulfield was a classic.

- "whats that smell??? It stinks!!! your mother won't be pleased."

mgs don't really have any sledgers, but their ways are equally successful and at times idiotic at putting the batsman off his game. ark down all day baby and all time on so many levels that you wanna make a bet??

Muttdon got so far up Roney's nose on the weekend that Roney was heard to announce and i quote "When is that c**t coming in coz im gonna f**king kill him" muttdon is always up for a verbal but nothing comes close to the idiocy on display when MGS take the field... some of the jokes that come out of Tom Morris's mouth would make anyone cringe...although the "Hungry Jacks" joke is a timeless classic

I believe that Tom Morris from Melbourne grammar should face a tribunal over his constant sledging concentrated at the batsman............he jokes were not funny....and there are rumors that the jokes are being recycled weekly "I heard that one last week" - L Cameron......... Only a lifetime ban from or possible exclusion from commentating the MGS v SC football game would set him straight.

BuddyLove

BuddyLove;214200 said:
Only a lifetime ban from or possible exclusion from commentating the MGS v SC football game would set him straight.

BuddyLove

oh cmon now... thats been his goal ever since he began at grammar... he loves to wip out the mike every now and again...haha

legend has it a young man by the name of Noodles walked out to bat against carey and went out immediately, Rob Chancellor then jumped in the air and cried "TWO MINUTE NOODLES"

Fiskem, i'd hav to agree with u that hungry jacks one is an absolute ripper. MGS dont sledge and proof of that is that batsmen are inspried by this banter to stay at the wicket to hear more of their hilarity. Coz they do go "all day baby all day".

What are you smoking Club Cricketer.................It seems that you have lost the plot in recent weeks...........it is people like you who are making Educational Sites such a BigCricket blocked on the BGS Internet services

Back