Best Arvo Tea VTCA

Battler

Best Arvo Tea VTCA

Well not trying to determine a winner but what are some of the top quality teas youve enjoyed over the years?

Yarraville Club is always quality, one of the best

Airport West also have a great selection

Heard great things about Spottys but have never played their....

Heard McKinnon usually have decent spread as well

Your opinions?:)

Re: Best Arvo Tea VTCA

Battler;283462 said:
Well not trying to determine a winner but what are some of the top quality teas youve enjoyed over the years?

Yarraville Club is always quality, one of the best

Airport West also have a great selection

Heard great things about Spottys but have never played their....

Heard McKinnon usually have decent spread as well

Your opinions?:)

I'm actually from the DVCA, but saw this thread and had to tell you about a spread on Sunday. I thought I would pop down to my clubs VETS for a few quite jars and could not believe the spread. It included(and remember VETS = fat old blokes:

7 Trays of Sandwiches
2 Trays of Cheese and Biscuits
4 Fruit Trays
1 Bowl of lollies
3 plates of Party Pies/Sausage Rolls
2 Cakes

BUT the thing that topped it off, was...........

36 Pieces of Chicken from KFC!!!

Gold!

Hoppers had Yogo (albeit almost out of code) along with frankfurts.

Chelsea in the old Senior Div days had some great Spreads.

Doutta gave us a packet of BBQ shapes one year!

Bonbeach are the worst...it's a 5 minute walk back to the rooms where a packet of Twisties and half a can of Fanta await! No joke.

It's a long way to go not to get some decent food!

From what i have read, the boys are YCCC get spoilt!

spotty is great if all you want is donuts... and Keilor have been know to out do themselves on occasion....

Bentleigh crack out a couple of trays of Subway. Ajax is a box of sangas in the park. Their supporters are great though, start having a crack before the players are even in the clubrooms. Hoppers is great, mainly because you can duck off to the TAB for a punt. Seddon's was quality back in the day, but has fallen away and was terrible last time I was there. The rest are all pretty much on a par with each other.

how about some of the worst ?

haven't been to Footscray United in a long while but their afternoon teas were as bad as their facilities last time I was there

YUCK

Seddon has always rated highly ... YCCC being catered for is up there, Spotty always plentiful with the ladies in the canteen doing a good job, St Bernards has improved since Davo in charge of bar, Chelsea always ok, YP. AN, RP/B and Doutta just average. In NorthA - Tulla ok, PD and KP - ordinary, Abers Ok, FU - as bad as their facilities, Albions ok.

snowman007;284492 said:
Seddon has always rated highly ... YCCC being catered for is up there, Spotty always plentiful with the ladies in the canteen doing a good job, St Bernards has improved since Davo in charge of bar, Chelsea always ok, YP. AN, RP/B and Doutta just average. In NorthA - Tulla ok, PD and KP - ordinary, Abers Ok, FU - as bad as their facilities, Albions ok.

I asked one of the sweet old ladies at Spotty for a cup of coffee once at arvo tea and she barked back "No, it's tea time not coffee time" ???

Seddon used to be the pace setters for a number of years. Not sure what they're like now.

The worst in recent memory?... Ajax. One plate of tasteless sangers made from week old bread and a bowl of soggy watermelon bits. And that was to also share with the blokes playing on their 2nd ground!

Flemington's 2nd XI spread on the weekend was the worst I have had in some time.

However, the lads made up for it with beers put on for us after the match. Thanks fellers!

ive got to say we do a mean afternoon tea at youlden parkville - always good variety & plenty to go around... & this is for 2 games every weekend!!

i always enjoy travelling to yarraville club & spotswood who are renowned for their teas... its definitely rewarding after a hard first session to get inside & tuck in!!

fooey5for10;288510 said:
ive got to say we do a mean afternoon tea at youlden parkville - always good variety & plenty to go around... & this is for 2 games every weekend!!

i always enjoy travelling to yarraville club & spotswood who are renowned for their teas... its definitely rewarding after a hard first session to get inside & tuck in!!

Tuck in?? I love it. Only problem is, after i have "inhaled" 5 dohnuts, I either end up chasing the pill to the boundary line, or I am asked to bowl by the skipper...... both end in severe gut problems!!! Still love them dohnuts though:D!!

Back