Best Arvo Tea VTCA

Re: Best Arvo Tea VTCA

Gavone;288345 said:
Flemington's 2nd XI spread on the weekend was the worst I have had in some time.

However, the lads made up for it with beers put on for us after the match. Thanks fellers!

As a follow up, the boys improved their spread this weekend (so well done), though a few of the boys were questioning the origin of the "chicken" sandwiches!!

Opening Batsman;289656 said:
From What I've had Parkville Districk comes out on top.

been to parkville district as well & yes, their afternoon teas are top notch also.

always plenty of sandwiches of variety to go around for the feeding frenzy...

Southern Son;287810 said:
Seddon used to be the pace setters for a number of years. Not sure what they're like now.

The worst in recent memory?... Ajax. One plate of tasteless sangers made from week old bread and a bowl of soggy watermelon bits. And that was to also share with the blokes playing on their 2nd ground!

Agreed, they had a platter of brown apple also last week...! Disgrace

sounds like some of the afternoon teas south of melbourne leave a lot to be desired going on whats been said here...

TheKid7;290396 said:
Please boys,

Altona North have to supply one of the best spreads across the competition.

:D

Yarraville Club - 3 ladies working in the kitchen.
In one sitting - Hot mini hamburgers - Hot roast beef rolls - Platters of gourmet sandwiches - Hot scones, jam and cream - Assorted fruiit platter - bowls of lollies.
Great !!!!!

The Big Zee;284304 said:
Keilor one of the best, St Albans been on the improve lately too !!! Having Subway and Donut King as sponsors has to help

The boys were very happy with St Albans spread on weekend.

Donuts as far as the eye could see

7/564;297383 said:
The boys were very happy with St Albans spread on weekend.

Donuts as far as the eye could see

I might have to look for a transfer next season 7 fa! 8 of the best jam donuts went down a treat!

Pity the pres likes mouthing off from the boundary.

I tell you what, Beaumaris were superb this season... Endless plates of quality sandwiches, hot fare (pies, sausage rolls etc), cracker biscuits with gourmet cheese, fresh fruit, cakes - the list goes on. To top it off they had a couple of very tidy, young fillies in the kitchen serving it all

Their lads seemed non-plussed by it all (like it was a weekly occurrence) while our lads hovered round the table like gluttons stuffing our faces. My only gripe was the icy poles were home brand!

Flemington's arvo tea for thirds yesterday was the worst i've ever seen. The drinks were hot and it tasted like water from a tap but was meant to be cordial

not to mention the toilets that were a disgrace

OEG was absolutely shithouse!
airport west was shit, and it doesnt help when browny eats all the chicken balls
in the 2s, against melb high, we bought our own lunch the 2nd week
spotty is good if you like biscuits, cold party pies and sausage rolls, donuts and watered down cordial.
yccc is a good feed
altona north puts on a huge spread, very good!

I must say that Yarraville Club's arvo tea over the last 2 Sat's was brilliant. Roast beef rolls, sangos, party pies, fruit, lollies, SCONES WITH JAM N CREAM...... quality!!

fooey5for10;290865 said:
sounds like some of the afternoon teas south of melbourne leave a lot to be desired going on whats been said here...

Not all - had best tea ever at Beaumaris this year. Unfortunately batted first in a one dayer.

Ajax for more than a decade - worst tea ever!

Back