Best Cricket Commentators?

Re: Best Cricket Commentators?

David Lloyd, Boycott, Atherton, the west indian guy (his name has slipped my mind at the moment) and normally the touring commentator is really good :D.

I pretty much agree with Dikon. David Lloyd, Michael Slater and Dean Jones are my favourites and the best in my opinion.

Botham normally talks rubbish and can be quite boring to listen to as if there is any moment in his commentator stint that is slight contentious he goes on and on about it for ages!

Simbazz said:
Boycott is great! I cant believe none of you mentioned Botham :eek:
no richie is great. i cant belive that none of you mentioned him.

richie benaud, mark nicholas, bill lawry, slats are all great

Richie is in a league of his own, when we mention "Commentators," i mean those who are good, not super like Richie Benaud!

I think for cricket fans of a certain age, there is no other god than Richie Benaud and his dulcet tones.

The man can convey with a silent pause what others fail to get across in a 1000 words. More importantly, he let's the cricket take center stage, something that others fail to do.

Richie Richie Richie!!

What a good guy, he's a great commentator, bloody luv 'im!

YES, Ian Bishop, thats the guy i was thinking of. Holdiing is also a good commentator.

Whats peoples view on Slats?

Country Wise List :D:
Australia: Richie Benaud,Bill Lawry & Ian Chappell.
New Zealand:?????
Sri Lanka:?????
India: Ravi Shastri & Sunil Gavaskar.
Pakistan: Rameez Raja,(If not for Politics's Imran Khan could have made a good Commentator)
England: Tong Grieg,Michael Atherton,Nasser Hussein,Bob Willis,David Lloyd,Graham gooch and Boycott.
South Africa: Barry Richards & Daryl Cullinan.
West Indies: Michael Holding.

Wait for more....will be adding accordingly.

Virender, how about Ranjit Fernando from Sri Lanka? :laugh:

I don't like most of the Indian commentators except for the ones that work for ESPN.

Richie Benaud - it's a the voice of cricket as far back as I can recall it just conjours up images of summer and times of innocence and free cricket all day long on BBC2 (None of this £60 a month rubbish we've got these days with SKY TV).

Back