Best Keepers in GCA/BPCA

Badger

Best Keepers in GCA/BPCA

we've talked heaps about best bats, quickest bowlers and what not, but who are some of the best keepers getting around at the moment?

david kiss from at is a very good gloveman, probably struggles with the bat a bit more than others though..
also marcus cowdery from guild (not just being bias) is a great gloveman, and a very handy lower order bat.

Re: Best Keepers in GCA/BPCA

From the keepers I have seen/played against (Mainly division 2):

Cowdery is one of the best I've seen up to the stumps, but somewhat lazy when standing back (no footwork getting to wide deliveries etc).

Macgugan from Torquay is very good, but as you say Kissy is probably the best

Badger;292384 said:
we've talked heaps about best bats, quickest bowlers and what not, but who are some of the best keepers getting around at the moment?

david kiss from at is a very good gloveman, probably struggles with the bat a bit more than others though..
also marcus cowdery from guild (not just being bias) is a great gloveman, and a very handy lower order bat.

There are plenty better than those two above named.

If you're talking about pure glovework Hassett is the best then Anderson & New.

Then you've got your keeper-batsmen in Kelson, Stanley, Breur, Kelson.

Hooley, Hanley and Sells are also very good options for East and BPH.

a for effort;292387 said:
Cowdery is one of the best I've seen up to the stumps, but somewhat lazy when standing back (no footwork getting to wide deliveries etc).

You need to watch some more local cricket :eek:

a for effort;292396 said:
Should have mentioned I was talking GCA2 rissole

Cowedry plays in Division 3 :rolleyes:

a for effort;292400 said:
Should have mentioned I was talking GCA2 and people who have played GCA2 recently

In that case, Sells and Hassett have played GCA2 this decade why didn't you include them?

a for effort;292406 said:
Should have mentioned I was talking GCA2 and people who have played GCA2 recently and I have played against

Probably should've just edited your post and said that.

thommy_rissole;292395 said:
You need to watch some more local cricket :eek:

Should have mentioned I was talking GCA2 rissole

thommy_rissole;292398 said:
Cowedry plays in Division 3 P-Nut :rolleyes:

Should have mentioned I was talking GCA2 and people who have played GCA2 recently

thommy_rissole;292404 said:
In that case, Sells and Hassett have played GCA2 this decade why didn't you include them?

Should have mentioned I was talking GCA2 and people who have played GCA2 recently and I have played against

Then you've got your keeper-batsmen in Kelson, Stanley, Breur.

a for effort;292387 said:
From the keepers I have seen/played against (Mainly division 2):

thommy_rissole;292423 said:

Then you've got your keeper-batsmen in Kelson, Stanley, Breur, Kelson.

You blokes are kidding:eek:

How could you forget your very own GBooley:eek::p:D

ritchie hasset easily, keep sup to anyone at any pace and is bloody good at it. i havent seen him for a while though.

crktluva;292473 said:
ritchie hasset easily, keep sup to anyone at any pace and is bloody good at it. i havent seen him for a while though.

Back issues thats why he hasnt kept for awhile. Good bloke aswell.

ritchie hasset was the best i have ever seen kept up to the stumps to blokes like welschy and young brendan sleeman who were sharp

dads army;292618 said:
ritchie hasset was the best i have ever seen kept up to the stumps to blokes like welschy and young brendan sleeman who were sharp

i haven't seen sleeman for a while, but i played a bit of junior cricket wiht him, and went to school with him and when he was younger, he was pretty quick

rayne biviano is one of the best glovemen ive ever seen. closely followed by tim nunn

Badger;292626 said:
i haven't seen sleeman for a while, but i played a bit of junior cricket wiht him, and went to school with him and when he was younger, he was pretty quick
school with him... so norlane high.. or corio bay???

and as for ur statement ants... bivy... im a bowler and im pushin for a keeping position in his side

Back