Big Bash T20 Hits Geelong - Bushrangers v Bulls

cheer_cheer

Big Bash T20 Hits Geelong - Bushrangers v Bulls

Ok, this Sunday (4th Jan) sees the T20 fever hit Geelong with the Victorian Bushrangers take on the Queensland Bulls at Skilled Stadium. Hopefully there is a big crowd at the game so it can be made a regular event. The pre game at 2pm should be interesting with a few local players, possibly including our own Babies Arms taking on the Geelong Cats AFL players. Would be interested to see people's views on crowd size, the mix up of the local side (who is in it), etc.

Re: Big Bash T20 Hits Geelong - Bushrangers v Bulls

I think Smelly is playing in the same team as Ando, although i'm not 100%.

Will be interesting to see wether Aaron Finch plays in his adopted home town, could bring a few of the Colac locals down.

Crowd size weather pending will be roughly somewhere in between 10,000 - 15,000.

I think Ando and Smelly have been ruled out of the curtain raiser game for being too scary for the footballers to face !! The sides for that game are:

Ottens and Blake will be in the Geelong Cats footballers team to play a Victorian Country Cricket League Barwon and Western Regions team.

Other Cats will be Jimmy Bartel, Adam Donohue, Josh Hunt, Steve Johnson, Joel Selwood, Jeremy Laidlaw and Dan McKenna.

Victorian Country Cricket League All-Stars include Clinton Baker (Mortlake), Micah Buchanan (Colac), Brett Eldridge (Warrnambool), Brendan Huf (Hamilton), Rod Kiddle (Leopold), Paul McGrath (Portarlington), Scott Martin (Portland), Becker Nguyen (East Belmont) and wicketkeeper Mark Zimmer (Manifold Heights.

30 degrees and sunny is the forecast, perfect day for can-ning it up I reckon !!

what a flop the VCCL side was, and the allocation of seats could not have been more stuffed up if they tried. No advertising to local cricket community of so called reserved seats ("hahahahaahah!!!!) another GFC stuff up in the chase of the big dollar. kiss my arse GFC. once again you alienate the true members and the general public got screwed. memberships gone again. ahahahahahah!!!!

crktluva;304030 said:
what a flop the VCCL side was, and the allocation of seats could not have been more stuffed up if they tried. No advertising to local cricket community of so called reserved seats ("hahahahaahah!!!!) another GFC stuff up in the chase of the big dollar. kiss my arse GFC. once again you alienate the true members and the general public got screwed. memberships gone again. ahahahahahah!!!!

What was the seating arrangements? Surely there shouldn't have been too much drama, it fits about 30,000 people

a for effort;304038 said:
What was the seating arrangements? Surely there shouldn't have been too much drama, it fits about 30,000 people

It was a total balls-up.
At one stage in the Ford Stand there were 2 complete bays absolutely packed and 5-7 bays completely empty.
What on earth were the organisers thinking with those seating arrangements? Who were they reserved for?

Wasn't a bad game in the end.

That Battaccitto can play a bit, saw him play in a 20/20 in England, needless to say the opposition bowlers weren't the likes of Harwood and Nannes, but he smashed 145* off 67 balls.

Cant remember seeing much of the game, was looking at the bottom of a plastic cup. Great drinking whether. Got told to leave 2 areas because we were being 2 noisy, at one stage some silly woman told us to be quiet because there kids around. We were chanting ' Finchy, Finchy' Now if you can tell me were that is being rude or inappropriate then i would have stopped speaking all together. But it made it worse and the boys let loose. Also crap how you can only drink in certin areas and ofcourse the reserved seating for absolutley no-one. GFC got no idea and either did that warm up match. Some class shown on display for Victoria cricket (ha ha), disgraceful attempt at a warm up. Should have been GCA Allstars vs GCA Superstars.

But what do you do never happen in Geelong again. . .

Jurassic Park;304239 said:
GFC got no idea and either did that warm up match. Some class shown on display for Victoria cricket (ha ha), disgraceful attempt at a warm up. Should have been GCA Allstars vs GCA Superstars.

Full story on the warm-up match for those of us that weren't there?

a for effort;304244 said:
Full story on the warm-up match for those of us that weren't there?

Vic won the toss and batted, you bat in pairs for 2 overs (which sucked), you loose 5 runs for a wicket. Just a waste of time watching it. Vics ended up making 17 runs. GFC passed them in the 2nd batting pair. Josh Hunt smashed them everywere and Jimmy Bartel hit a KO six towards the Go Cats stand and some bloke tried to catch it and knocked off his feet and it looked like it knocked him out. Pretty Funny.

Apart from that i think GFC made 40-50 odd, lost interest in watching it to be honest.

Jurassic Park;304248 said:
Vic won the toss and batted, you bat in pairs for 2 overs (which sucked), you loose 5 runs for a wicket. Just a waste of time watching it. Vics ended up making 17 runs. GFC passed them in the 2nd batting pair. Josh Hunt smashed them everywere and Jimmy Bartel hit a KO six towards the Go Cats stand and some bloke tried to catch it and knocked off his feet and it looked like it knocked him out. Pretty Funny.

Apart from that i think GFC made 40-50 odd, lost interest in watching it to be honest.

They would've been better of inviting the majority of the Milo Kids to the game and had them play around the ground for the 2 hours leading up to the main game.

Back