Big Cricket Player of The Month (December)

Player of the Month December 2008

• Gutham Gambhir (India)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chris Gayle (West Indies)

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Graeme Smith (South Africa)

• Andrew Strauss (England)

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • J.P. Duminy (South Africa)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Dale Steyn (South Africa)

• Mitchell Johnson (Australia)

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Murali (Sri Lanka)

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Fidel Edwards (West Indies)

• Shakib Al Hassan (Bangladesh)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

D.K

Big Cricket Player of The Month (December)

Welcome Ladies and Gentleman to the new and greatest award to hit the Big Cricket site.

This monthly award will be voted by you guys the users and a hall of fame will be created with all the winners. At the moment we are just going to have a monthly overall player but down the track we might widen our horizons and have yearly players of the year, bowlers and batsman seperated and new players etc.

After each month has finished I will select who I feel is the top 10 batsman and bowlers for the past month. I feel that I have calm and fair decision making in me and if they deserve to be in the top 10 players they will be in the top 10 players.

How does your voice be heard? Once the thread is posted there will be a 10 poll option. bascially all you need is to vote for who YOU think is the best performing player of the last month. You may even want to back your vote up by posting in the thread as to who and why you voted for that player.

The Winner Will be the player with the most votes. A blog will be then written up by myself and I encourge all to read and post your thoughts on the winner if you agree or disagree with the winner.

*Voting will be open for 1 week after the poll goes up*

Please note a logo and a trophy are being created as we speak so there will be more colour in the post in the months to come.

Happy voting and enjoy!!!!!

December 2008

Nomiations:

Gutahm Gambhir (Ind) - 361 test runs @ 90.25 Hs 179 (1 Ton, 2 Fifties Vs England)

Chris Gayle (W.I) - 305 test runs @ 101.66 Hs 197 ( 1 ton, 1 fifty) also 62 in 20-20 VS New Zealand

Graeme Smith (S.A) 293 test runs @ 73.25 Hs 101 ( 1 ton, 2 fiftes) Vs Australia

Andrew Strauss (Eng) 252 test runs @ 84 Hs 123 ( 2 tons ) Vs India

Jp Duminy (S.A) 217 test runs @ 108.5 Hs 166 ( 1 ton , 1 fifty) Vs Australia

Dale Steyn (S.A) 14 wickets @ 22.57 Best: 5/67 (10/154) , 2 5WI and 1 10WM. Vs Australia

Mitchell Johnson (Aus) 13 wickest @ 24.76 Best: 8/61 (11/157), 1 5WI and 1 10WM Vs. South Africa

Muttaih Muralitharan (SL) 10 Wickets @ 19 Best: 6/49 (10/190), 1 5WI and 1 10 WIM vs Banglesdesh

Fidel Edwards (W.I) 11 Wickets @ 22.36 Best: 7/87 (6/133) , 1 5WI vs New Zealand

Shakib El Hassan (Ban) 6 wickets @ 34 Best: 5/70; 122 runs @ 64 Hs. 96 vs Sri Lanka​

There we go guys the poll is up and have fun voting and debating!

Re: Big Cricket Player of The Month (December)

I'm going to go with Graeme Smith, battling an excruciating elbow injury, he hasn'y once failed in the past two Test matches.

He led his team to a glorious victory over the No.1 ranked side, Was close between Gambhir/Smith/Duminy/Strauss though.

Seconding Smith. Haven't seen much live cricket apart from the Australian series and NZ v WI, but he's been the most consistent performer, and he's done it against the (former?) best team in the world

Well I'm going with Al-Hasan. Although compared to the rest of them, his performance doesn't seem too flash, but I believe, in a team like Bangladesh, averaging over 30 is an amazing performance. And (touch wood), he seems to have inspired his team mates, with them almost pulling off an impossible victory. So he is my pick

I went for Strauss. The guy has gone to India with a some alright first class form against a raging hot India. England had just been thumped 5-0 in the ODI before the bombing occurred and were really on the back foot. To come out and thump a couple of centuries and become one of very few to score 2 hundreds in the one game in India was an awesom effort.

A lot of close performances there and a hard one to call. I think I have to go for Smith, simply for the way he's lead the team and yet still contributed a lot of runs.

Gutahm Gambhir for me. Quality player, batting fantastically. Opening the batting is hard and he makes it look easy.

Second would have been Shakib Al-Hasan. Like jimmy33 said his figures playing for a country such as Bangladesh are great, and the kid is inspiring the whole Bangladeshi outfit.

I am going to go with Smith as well.

His skill and determination has been a revelation in the australian series especially with his tennis elbow problems.

Hope to see some more votes to come into this thread.

4 days or so till the poll closes

Nearly closed.

Will write up a blog on the conclusion of this.

Congratulations to Graeme Smith on becoming the first recipient of the Big Cricket player of the month.

Thanks to all thsoe that voted.

Check out my blog shortly for a wrap up on his performance.

Stay tuned for next month with a lot more games (ODI) and other teams (Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe) all having full scheduals. And the end of the West Indies / New Zealand.

Cricket Cricket Everywhere

Back