BigCricket Fantasy Cup - Season 4

W

Wilbix

BigCricket Fantasy Cup - Season 4

After much deliberation, hemming, hawing, and hesitation, let's get something done. I've come up with a timeline to get us into a season inside of two weeks, so long as everyone meets the deadlines. So without further ado, this is what's up.

Saturday Dec. 2, 12:01 am GMT - Captains must be chosen and post in this thread. Any team name or venue changes must be included in this post also.

Wednesday Dec. 6, 12:01 am GMT - Captains must choose 5 players already on their respective teams to keep on the team, and post the list in this thread. All other players (including new free agents) go into the draft.

Saturday Dec. 9, 12:01 am GMT - Draft held live on this forum. Hopefully this time is acceptable to all captains, regardless of geography. If someone cannot make this time, they can prerank the players and I will draft for them accordingly. More details pertaining to the draft will appear in coming days.

Sunday Dec. 10, 12:01 am GMT - Fixture Lists Appear

Monday Dec. 11-13 - Exhibition Season and Trade Period: Any matches that captains organize with one another will be simmed by yours truly. Also players may be traded during this time.

Thursday Dec. 14 - Round 1 of One-Day competition

Thursday Dec. 21 - Round 1 of Four-Day competition

Hopefully this is acceptable to everyone, and I look forward to hearing from our captains before the deadline. Cheers!

Re: BigCricket Fantasy Cup - Season 4

Personally, I wouldn't mind if we let captains keep 6 or 7 players. If nothing else, it'd make sorting things out just that much easier.

About the draft, I don't think 1 day will be enough. IIRC the last draft lasted several days.

Now that I think about it, there's no reason not to allow more players to be 'protected' on a team. So how about each captain can protect anywhere from 5-7 players (who were previously on the team), and then we will hold the draft. I'm not sure exactly how many players are even eligible, but the draft shouldn't take all that long if all captains are present at the time of the draft. If, as I said, a captain cannot make it to that time, they can rank all the available players and PM that to me, and I will act as a proxy on their behalf. Any opinions on where to cap the squad size? 13? 15?

15 i thinks a good number, 13 is too small.

14 or 15 is a good size, that way only 3 or 4 miss out on getting a game each time.

It seems we have some trouble with deadlines - probably all just too busy watching the Ashes. Still, we need to make these deadlines in order to get the season underway. Once it is, things will be easy. So here's what I have figured out so far.

Figjams - Younginator requested a continuance, as they are having an election between him and will_85, who is out of town. They will nominate both their captain, and protected player list by 12:01 GMT Wednesday.

Lions - Stamislav was the previous captain, so until somebody tells me different, he is the skipper. I will expect you to come up with the list of protected players.

Magpies - Armageddon* was the previous captain. The same policy applies as does for the Lions.

Crusaders - I believe Squiz was the previous captain, so he will be acting captain until I am informed otherwise.

By 12:01 am GMT Wednesday, please submit a list of 5-7 previous players that you wish to protect. Everyone else will enter a draft. That deadline is Wednesday morning in Australia, midnight in the UK, and 7pm on TUESDAY in the Eastern Time Zone in North America.

I will be passing the torch for the Magpies captains, so hands up and we'll make a list of candidates, previous quality players are in the best possie

Ljp or ONB would either of you like to be captain of the Crusaders?

cleazer
Jerk
Wilbix
ollie73
Stamislav
Blizzard
wicketman

This is open to discussion from any of last season's Lions.

That's one team ready to go. Just need 3 more now. Don't forget that protected lists are due by 12:01 am GMT on Wednesday, and then the draft will be held at 12:01 am GMT Saturday. If we all work together to get things organized by then, by Dec. 14th we will see our first one-day matches being played!!!

OHHHHHHH NO BALL!!;119418 said:
LJP has all say on the matter. He was there first.

I'm willing to be captain but I don't know if I'll have the time. I've started a new job so I will be flat out until the 21st of December. I should be able to visit every day but if Squiz or ONB is happy to be captain then I will go along with that.

The Figjams team for next season.

Younginator *
Will_85 VC
Bennycoff
Panda drive
South Swans
Donk
Copernicus

Check how many your ex-team has Jerk.

lIONS ARE NOT MY EX TEAM HE IS MY HOME TEAM GOT IT

Jerk.

Relax.

The 7 players are the 'protected' list to form the core of the team. It will be filled out by means of a draft this weekend.

So we have two team lists in, two still to go. Sounds as though Ljp86 will be captaining the Crusaders, but we still need a captain for the Magpies as Amrageddon is stepping down.

I need the lists to be in 24 hours before the draft (so Friday 12:01 am GMT) so that I can compile a draft list in time. If nobody submits them, I will have to put up a list based on last years rosters, but it would be much better if the leadership of the teams could do it. A big thank you to the Lions and Figjams for getting their sides in expediently.

I've gone through last years lists, and come up with the following player types for the players protected by the Lions and Figjams. IF there are any players wishing to change, let me know and I will make the appropriate alterations.

Kandy Lions
Stamislav (capt) - Slow Left Arm (lhb)
Cleazer - Off-break (rhb)
Wilbix - Leg-break (rhb)
Jerk - Right arm fast medium/RHB (batting all-rounder)
Blizzard - RHB
ollie 73 - RHB
wicketman - LHB

South Aussie Figjams
Younginator (capt) - Right arm fast medium (rhb)
Will_85 - RHB
Bennycoff - RHB
Donk - Leg-break (rhb)
Panda_Drive - Right arm fast (rhb)
Southswans - Leg-break (rhb)
Copernicus - RHB

Back