BigCricket Fantasy League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BigCricket Fantasy League

crktluva;305829 said:
like i said, ive read all the rules and i still dont get it, how do you actually play the game, or is the whole game actually simulated and we do nothing. if its all simulated how do we make our side win, it all seems pointless if we have no control.
im wit u got no idea

Captains name the side with different types of players. The different types of players they name all depend on the pitch. A good captain will recognise the type of pitch and pick a team based on that.

eg. On an Excellent pitch an extra bowler may be needed whereas on a Poor Pitch an extra batsman or all rounder can be a good idea.

If you're not the captain you can't do much except for talk shit and sledge the opposition.

crktluva;305829 said:
like i said, ive read all the rules and i still dont get it, how do you actually play the game, or is the whole game actually simulated and we do nothing. if its all simulated how do we make our side win, it all seems pointless if we have no control.

The sim is a computer program with bits written into it that will effect each game accordingly.

It takes into account the type of pitch (poor, excellent, normal), the number of batsman, bowlers and all rounders, and the form of the teams and creates a match for us.

Each different type of player has an average. For instance crktluva if you were a batsman you would have a batting average of 45 (guessing) but a bowling average of 99. So if you were chucked the ball, basiclly you would be stuffed.

The sim also recognises people who are in form and they are more likly to make runs or take wickets.

It all comes down to your captain. What side he picks, who is in form and who isnt that should be dropped. What pitch to select for the game as well.

Its a bit of fun, especially in teh off-season if you guys would continue to come back to the site.

Basically you are there to give shit to the opposition, post up crap and just tell the world how great a cricketer you are (something i dont think many of you geelong boys would have trouble with) without actually bowling or hitting a ball.

D.K;305996 said:
The sim is a computer program with bits written into it that will effect each game accordingly.

It takes into account the type of pitch (poor, excellent, normal), the number of batsman, bowlers and all rounders, and the form of the teams and creates a match for us.

Each different type of player has an average. For instance crktluva if you were a batsman you would have a batting average of 45 (guessing) but a bowling average of 99. So if you were chucked the ball, basiclly you would be stuffed.

The sim also recognises people who are in form and they are more likly to make runs or take wickets.

It all comes down to your captain. What side he picks, who is in form and who isnt that should be dropped. What pitch to select for the game as well.

Its a bit of fun, especially in teh off-season if you guys would continue to come back to the site.

Basically you are there to give shit to the opposition, post up crap and just tell the world how great a cricketer you are (something i dont think many of you geelong boys would have trouble with) without actually bowling or hitting a ball.

if its all that, everyones wasting their time playing against us. We are better than everyone at everything, especially talking shit, you ask anyone of us and ill bet ya they say we are good at everything. thats coz we are!!! now bring it you pussies!!!!!:D

crktluva;306392 said:
if its all that, everyones wasting their time playing against us. We are better than everyone at everything, especially talking shit, you ask anyone of us and ill bet ya they say we are good at everything. thats coz we are!!! now bring it you pussies!!!!!:D

well said crktluva;) summed geelong up perfectly:cool:

Can everyone please what player type they would like to be and which hand they use. Player types are:

- Pure Bat
- Fast Bowler
- Medium-Fast Bowler
- Medium Bowler
- Orthdox Spin Bowler
- Leg Spin Bowler
- Pure All-Rounder
- Batting All-Rounder
- Bowling All-Rounder
- Wicketkeeper

You guys need:

5 Pure Bats, 1 Keeper, 2 All-Rounders of different Types, 4 Pure Bowlers including 1 spinner to start with.

we cant all be all rounders people. saying that im going to be a right handed pure bat, and slot me in at number 4 aggressive when required and defensive wen required. just a gun bat pretty much.

Badger;308420 said:
batting all-rounder

agressive top order batsman
medium-fast 2nd/3rd change bowler

When you bowl do you run off to the left or the right??I still cant choose which head to aim for.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back