BigCricket Senior Squad

Re: BigCricket Senior Squad

Can't see many of the newer players getting into the side, haven't been here long enough. There would be a lot of players who are well ahead of them for BigCricket honours anyway.

Ljp86;293313 said:
Can't see many of the newer players getting into the side, haven't been here long enough. There would be a lot of players who are well ahead of them for BigCricket honours anyway.

So tenure is the most important thing? What about actually making runs? Posting?

Think of it like this: Brett Lee has been taking wickets for Australia for a long time. Shaun Tait then goes and has 3 pretty good matches, after a season of nothing. They wouldn't consider him, I think.

Mousey;293370 said:
Think of it like this: Brett Lee has been taking wickets for Australia for a long time. Shaun Tait then goes and has 3 pretty good matches, after a season of nothing. They wouldn't consider him, I think.

Thats crap! Steve Waugh was a gun, but sometimes you need to push out the old, dead wood to bring in the fresh new talent! Thats a stupid thing to say, that just because he has been good for a few years he has to stay!

But he's proven to have done well, whereas Tait, or one of us new guys, have only proven to do well in 2 or 3 matches.

Mousey;293380 said:
But he's proven to have done well, whereas Tait, or one of us new guys, have only proven to do well in 2 or 3 matches.

You have totally missed the point

Tongs;293384 said:
You have totally missed the point

Have I now? Ok, so, under your theory, we would throw out every older guy who seems to show a little bit of weakness. So how about we just throw out the whole Aussie team and fill it will youngsters? Ok, Ponting just made a duck, and he's 34, he's out. Lets stick in... Joe Blow the 24 year old who has an average of 100 after just 3 matches. It doesn't work like that.

There is no "old wood" that needs to be taken out in this Big Cricket squad. Most of them post, and the ones who don't are considered out anyways.

Kshitiz;293504 said:
Tongs, you need to calm down. Its just an online game, not a matter of life or death.

internet_serious_business_framed.jpg

You guys have to remember that this is the first season of the (new) BCFCL. The squad was only just assembled and it's only in it's infancy, the guys who have been selected deserve to be in it. The new guys just have to keep up the posting, just do their thing and they will eventually get their shot.

Mousey;293576 said:

And to put things even further into perspective. I wasn't even selected in the first senior squad.

Tongs;293365 said:
So tenure is the most important thing? What about actually making runs? Posting?

All three are important. You can't just come in, play a few games, score some runs and think you run the joint. It just doesn't work like that.

The guys that are in that squad have been here since the start and have all been in good form. Those who haven't posted in recent times will be out of that squad and will be replaced by those who are active, in good form and have had at least a little experience at playing this game.

There are a number of players who have hit good form with finals and the inter-forum series coming up and they will come under consideration when the squad comes under review again.

Ljp86;293701 said:
All three are important. You can't just come in, play a few games, score some runs and think you run the joint. It just doesn't work like that.

The guys that are in that squad have been here since the start and have all been in good form. Those who haven't posted in recent times will be out of that squad and will be replaced by those who are active, in good form and have had at least a little experience at playing this game.

There are a number of players who have hit good form with finals and the inter-forum series coming up and they will come under consideration when the squad comes under review again.

Thankyou.

postmanpav;293883 said:
Hopefully in this side when i gain a bit of expeirence:)

Expeirence??? I will send you into a early retirement once you face the smoke of The Wizz..:mad:

The Wizz;293887 said:
Expeirence??? I will send you into a early retirement once you face the smoke of The Wizz..:mad:

oh really:eek: im running for cover mate.

when you face the extreme pace of myself you'll be the one going into retirement;)

postmanpav;293898 said:
oh really:eek: im running for cover mate.

when you face the extreme pace of myself you'll be the one going into retirement;)

Pacman have you any Idea who your talking to?? Im the fastest bowler in the comp have some respect mate gee..Im gunna snap you in 2..

My 3 mouth old son is quicker than you...:D

Back