BigCricket Senior Squad

Re: BigCricket Senior Squad

Mousey;313885 said:
Yeah, definately.

It's definitely a lot fairer.

North vs. South is the way to go (if it even goes ahead). But who knows, Jolldo would Captain the side ahead of me because of the off-field trouble I'm in.

Would there be a minimum amount of players selected from each team.

I'd suggest 3 at least from each team into the representative team, then the other 2 or 3 (Depending on if you have a 12th man) are judged on best posters/players.

EDIT: The 3 captains would be auto selections I'd gather, and they could form a board of selectors group.

I'm not sure whether the Captains are automatic selections.

It's hard to see, we'll see what Kshitiz and Jolldo have to say about it, as well as talking to the other captains.

Sounds mighty good.

Biggie's Bitches vs. Dirk Kuyt's Douches xD

No minimum quota - make everyone earn their spot.

Certainly an appealing idea though. @|

IMHO the senior squad should be picked from good posters and players from the season gone. The main aims should be :-

a) to reward good posting / playing

b) to provide a team that will have a good series with plenty of banter and posts

c) to provide an addition to this competition that will be perpetuated and become something to play, and post for at season end.

A 3 test series and 3 one dayers would be good. Make it an international series, maybe a tour of South Africa.

Invite a well known fantasy cricket player from another competition who is not a bigcricket player, such as TheMase, Dipper or Rough_Edges to be selector and manager of the opposing international team. If the averages are agreed, then it should be a fair competition.

Anyhow, thats my two bobs worth.

Mousey;313992 said:
Yeh, minimums won't work, I reckon.

Yeah, whoever deserves to be in the teams should be in the team.

International sides don't have quotas (except RSA but that's completely different) and we shouldn't either.

For each rep side, pick the best available talent.

Frodo27;314034 said:
IMHO the senior squad should be picked from good posters and players from the season gone. The main aims should be :-

a) to reward good posting / playing

b) to provide a team that will have a good series with plenty of banter and posts

c) to provide an addition to this competition that will be perpetuated and become something to play, and post for at season end.

A 3 test series and 3 one dayers would be good. Make it an international series, maybe a tour of South Africa.

Invite a well known fantasy cricket player from another competition who is not a bigcricket player, such as TheMase, Dipper or Rough_Edges to be selector and manager of the opposing international team. If the averages are agreed, then it should be a fair competition.

Anyhow, thats my two bobs worth.

Quality post.

Dirk Kuyt;314097 said:
It made no sense to me at all really.

I don't understand it? :confused:

Yeah, but the Administrators are particularly soft here, so if I made any slight criticism of the post by Frodo, the soft Administrators would have done something that is so unthinkable it's beyond belief.

Dirk Kuyt;314072 said:
Yeah, whoever deserves to be in the teams should be in the team.

International sides don't have quotas (except RSA but that's completely different) and we shouldn't either.

For each rep side, pick the best available talent.

Yeh, exactly, and their thinking of getting rid of it too. Pick a side of best posters in my opinion.

ToonArmy;314101 said:
Yeah, but the Administrators are particularly soft here, so if I made any slight criticism of the post by Frodo, the soft Administrators would have done something that is so unthinkable it's beyond belief.
We've already given our statement so many times TA, take it however you want, just don't bring it to the forums. Get this into your head. Any such types of attacks in the future would be dealt with some serious action.

How do international sides etc. get picked ?
Is there a outline of this format somewhere i can read ?

fmr_13;314180 said:
How do international sides etc. get picked ?
Is there a outline of this format somewhere i can read ?

I'm not sure if it's been done before here. On BFFCL Dipper was the selector and manager for many years, his selection was good because it had a lot of good posters and the tour threads were really good.
In the last year played the team was picked on ability, and flopped, with very thin threads.
Last year there was no internationals :(

Hence the saying....If it aint broke...don't try to fix it.

Back