Bowling Machines

jimmy33

Bowling Machines

does anyone know if bowling machine balls damage bats. i know that the plastic coated balls with concrete or something in the middle do.

Re: Bowling Machines

All they seem to do is mark bats with a bit of green, i wouldn't say they damage them no, because internationals use them.

I would think that it's fair to say that they don't damage your bat unduly but much like a cricket ball, some damage will of course occur.

A clear anti-scuff will help protect the face as well as making the 'green' marks a whole damn site easier and quicker to remove.

I would normally suggest having a 'practice' bat for such occasions, normally an old bat will do the trick and will also save your match bat from any unnecessary wear.

As a side note, Laver and Wood do some cracking 'net' bats for around the £80 mark - custom made to your own spec as well. If you have the spare cash then I whole heartily recommend.

Highly doubt that they do damage most if not all international cricketers use bowling machines.All i'd do is get an anti-scuff so you can clean the green marks off the bat.

As Dan said, a nets bat would be better, i use a slightly lighter bat for the nets, it just give me more impitus during a game to go long, if its there, its off, if not, more than not i am!

Dan Sturm said:
I would think that it's fair to say that they don't damage your bat unduly but much like a cricket ball, some damage will of course occur.

A clear anti-scuff will help protect the face as well as making the 'green' marks a whole damn site easier and quicker to remove.

I would normally suggest having a 'practice' bat for such occasions, normally an old bat will do the trick and will also save your match bat from any unnecessary wear.

As a side note, Laver and Wood do some cracking 'net' bats for around the £80 mark - custom made to your own spec as well. If you have the spare cash then I whole heartily recommend.

Don't see the point of buying from laver and wood when you could get a fusion net bat.Also i'd look at getting an eye in for nets.

Dikon said:
Don't see the point of buying from laver and wood when you could get a fusion net bat.Also i'd look at getting an eye in for nets.

I don't see the point of buying a fusion when I could choose from a 100 other companies. I think the other was just saying that from his experience it was a reasonable deal.

I mean, it's a bat to use in the nets, personally I'd get something for £30 off ebay just to use, if it breaks, it breaks.

As for the eye in bats, the only thing special about them is the weight (if im thinking of the correct product). Sure it helps, but then again using a normal bat with the edge cut down will do the same thing. It's all about getting in line with the ball not how you're able to smash it to the boundary for 6 with 4 inches.

i dont want to risk damaging my match. i bat practice with a older bat that i have. i never use my match bat when practising in the nets against the machine and im sure none of he internationals do so either.

all right cheers guys. thanks for clearing that up. i think ill just use my bat from last year

Its never done anything to my bats except maybe a few surface cracks. However i guess taking a new bat in and using it as part of the knocking in process isnt good for it?

A lot of us are over the age of 16, so i prefer the term, young adult.

I, nore anyone else said that we knew it all, i try to think i do, but i dont ;)

If you look at places like Fisher Bats etc. Batting against a bowling machine actually voids the warranty, and even they have said it causes more damage to the bat than a normal ball.

Regarding the International players using them, you have to remember, even though they love their bats, they are dispensible to them as they have many more waiting in their bag for use.

I'd suggest to use an old bat against a bowling machine, just in case.

I heard it's actualy pretty good for knocking in new bats, altough im not the biggest fan of bowling machines.

I hate them,i hate the wait for the ball. I'm not a good batter at the best of times, but every time i finish a session with a bowling machine i feel even worse.

Back