BPCA 20-20 Winner

Re: BPCA 20-20 Winner

gca_ipl;323926 said:
when is the final to be played ?? the top place for turf cricket in T20 in Geelong would have to be South Barwon !! Nice and short boundries.

South Barwon is a great venue, the final is in 3 weeks. If your interested in hosting it maybe try e-mailing the league at bpca@allthestats.com I hope they decide to play it at the best venue possible, regardless of weather we're playing or not.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;324022 said:
South Barwon is a great venue, the final is in 3 weeks. If your interested in hosting it maybe try e-mailing the league at bpca@allthestats.com I hope they decide to play it at the best venue possible, regardless of weather we're playing or not.

You told me last night that the final was being played at Geelong:confused:

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;323457 said:
BPCA T20 RD 2

Barwon Heads def Ocean Grove
Collendina def Drysdale
Newcomb def Jan Juc
Portarlington 6/194 20 overs v St Albans/Breakwater 5/197 19.3 overs

Semi Finals

Barwon Heads v Collendina @ ???

St Albans/Breakwater v Newcomb @ breakwater 5.30pm Thursday

you guys chased down 194? :eek:
top stuff! dare say none of the other teams would come close to you guys now then, jay?

Badger;325608 said:
top stuff! dare say none of the other teams would come close to you guys now then, jay?

We play Newcomb this week and we are quietly confident that we can take care of them. If we go through to the grand final it will be pretty tough, taking on either Collendina or Barwon heads. In the 2 day form of the game we are pretty much on par with these two sides, although we have played a lot more t20 games than them. Hopefully our boys can pull on a bit of the extra t20 experince that we have and take it out.

supersaintjohnny;325642 said:
We play Newcomb this week and we are quietly confident that we can take care of them. If we go through to the grand final it will be pretty tough, taking on either Collendina or Barwon heads. In the 2 day form of the game we are pretty much on par with these two sides, although we have played a lot more t20 games than them. Hopefully our boys can pull on a bit of the extra t20 experince that we have and take it out.

chasing down nearly 10 an over though.. that'd give you guys all the confidence wouldn't it?

Badger;325651 said:
chasing down nearly 10 an over though.. that'd give you guys all the confidence wouldn't it?

Yeah your spot on mate. We knew it was going to take a big effort to reel it in at ten an over. I think the key was that we got off to a really good start. Myself and Seany Oleary opened up and i was the first batsman out when the score was 85 off 8 overs. The boys in the middle order batted very smart and we had the big Matty Featherston come in late and smash a few large ones. Good team win.

supersaintjohnny;325663 said:
Yeah your spot on mate. We knew it was going to take a big effort to reel it in at ten an over. I think the key was that we got off to a really good start. Myself and Seany Oleary opened up and i was the first batsman out when the score was 85 off 8 overs. The boys in the middle order batted very smart and we had the big Matty Featherston come in late and smash a few large ones. Good team win.

top stuff. i was gonna come down and watch too, but i was half comatosed. wish i did come down now :mad:

Badger;325608 said:

Yeah it was a great effort mate, our fielding and bowling was really poor except for Muzza who got 3/20(4) Vassilou smashed it for Port would of got 60odd. Our batting was awesome, it's good fun watching blokes like Sean O'Leary bat when he's hitting them like he did yesterday, we were never behind in the chase which made it easier for the blokes coming in towards the end.

Funny game this cricket, playing the same team on the same ground the day before we struggled to get to 230 off 75 overs.

Barwon Heads or Collendina will be very hard to beat if we get past Newcomb Thursday night.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;325751 said:
Yeah it was a great effort mate, our fielding and bowling was really poor except for Muzza who got 3/20(4) Vassilou smashed it for Port would of got 60odd. Our batting was awesome, it's good fun watching blokes like Sean O'Leary bat when he's hitting them like he did yesterday, we were never behind in the chase which made it easier for the blokes coming in towards the end.

Funny game this cricket, playing the same team on the same ground the day before we struggled to get to 230 off 75 overs.

Barwon Heads or Collendina will be very hard to beat if we get past Newcomb Thursday night.
collendina.. will it include jimmy bartel... 109 off 26 overs.. possibly even less overs as he's orready out

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;325789 said:
It's only the Semi-Final stage:

St Albans/Breakwater v Newcomb

Collendina v Barwon Heads

thanks mate, i play in the DVCA and didn't have clue where to check.

are all the grounds shagged down your end of town? they shut 12 grounds last week in our area.

so who will win the 20/20 comp my monies on St Albans/breakwater.

Back