BPCA Previews and Predictions

a for effort

BPCA Previews and Predictions

This thread is for discussion about the upcoming season in the BPCA. What will the ladder look like, who will be the star players, who will be the big improvers, and anything else you can think of.

Re: BPCA Previews and Predictions

Ladder
Barwon Heads
Drysdale
Collendina
Portarlington
Jan Juc
Queenscliff
----------
Ocean Grove
Barrabool
Anglesea
Wallington
Newcomb
St Leonards (If play in A grade)

Most Runs
J.Mallet (BH)

Most Wickets
L.Allan (DRYS)

Big Improvers
Drysdale

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;360507 said:
Ladder

Drysdale
Collendina
Anglesea
Portarlington
Queenscliff
Jan Juc
----------
Ocean Grove
Barwon Heads
Barrabool
Wallington
Newcomb
St Leonards (If play in A grade)

Most Runs
C Robertson (ANG)

Most Wickets
L.Allan (DRYS)

Big Improvers
Drysdale

Drysdale will take a big step up with B graders finally stepping up a grade.
BH will falter without Les Wallace and too much reliance on too few.
Anglesea will improve on the back of C Robertson
and Jan Jucs youngsters will take all before them

Barrabool to suprise this year , the inclusion of new players will see them step up !! wouldnt be suprised to see them in the finals at all !

cricketguru;362951 said:
Barrabool to suprise this year , the inclusion of new players will see them step up !! wouldnt be suprised to see them in the finals at all !

Who are the new players?

just some of the signings are new coach ben strachan ( ex torquay/corio club champion ) jed potter ( ex corio fast bowler ) mark adams ( ex drysdale coach batsman/wicket keeper ) as well as an opening bat from mortlake A grade , along with farnsworth and fisher the side looks to be looking the goods for 09/10

cricketguru;363817 said:
just some of the signings are new coach ben strachan ( ex torquay/corio club champion ) jed potter ( ex corio fast bowler ) mark adams ( ex drysdale coach batsman/wicket keeper ) as well as an opening bat from mortlake A grade , along with farnsworth and fisher the side looks to be looking the goods for 09/10

If Farnsworth plays... ive heard he's been down at Geelong Preseason training, Fisher too he's been in the Bakker Squad and Senior Preseason training.

Says on their website they have a practice game on sunday vs Warn Ponds... would be interesting to see who is playing for the bulls... the same would go for Warn Ponds.. Skene's, Port maybe?

duffman...oh yeah;364326 said:
If Farnsworth plays... ive heard he's been down at Geelong Preseason training, Fisher too he's been in the Bakker Squad and Senior Preseason training.

Says on their website they have a practice game on sunday vs Warn Ponds... would be interesting to see who is playing for the bulls... the same would go for Warn Ponds.. Skene's, Port maybe?

I thought I saw Farnsworth at Leopold training the other week, could be mistaken though.

having spoken to his cousin Sam... i have since found that he just went for a T-rundle with all the junior and senior boys from Joeys when he played there as a junior

thommy_rissole;364422 said:
I thought I saw Farnsworth at Leopold training the other week, could be mistaken though.

ahhh, does that explain some fairly quick guy that used to play at Geelong which has apparently being training at Leopold ?? But the same one which is not listed on the training attendance list on the website ??

gca_ipl;364489 said:
ahhh, does that explain some fairly quick guy that used to play at Geelong which has apparently being training at Leopold ?? But the same one which is not listed on the training attendance list on the website ??

I think they were talking about Heath, Sam is definitely playing at St Joeys.

cricketguru;363817 said:

big deal on all three counts, hardly gonna set the world on fire, just normal cricketers that wont dominate. adams did nothing anywhere ever, the others can lpay but not gonna make a huge difference. No disrespect intended.

we will see mr wallaby wont we , or are u not a 1 st player and just some reject with a mouth playing 4ths ! oh sorry no ofence intended !!!!!!

cricketguru;364655 said:
we will see mr wallaby wont we , or are u not a 1 st player and just some reject with a mouth playing 4ths ! oh sorry no ofence intended !!!!!!

no offence taken, unlike yaself obviously. its my opinion and time will tell. if im wrong thats good for those clubs, and i hope they do well.

So, how are we looking for the season ahead in the BPCA. If anyone could help out with club by club ins and outs that would be great.

Anglesea: Peter Bracken is coaching, Glenn Richardson to captain with Darryn Jacobs heading to Manifold.

Barrabool: Coach? Have apparently picked up Jed Potter from Corio, Mark Adams from Drysdale and Colin Bride from GW might be playing too. Strachan and an opening batsmen from Mortlake who remains unnamed the other ins

Barwon Heads: Les Wallace is travelling the country for the year, but Clint Watson is back to fill his spot. Chris Welsford to captain/coach again.

Collendina:

Drysdale: Leigh Allan is coaching, other inclusion is Craig Brady who used to play for BPH. The club is hoping alot of their B Grade premiership side can step up a grade.

Jan Juc: I heard whispers Lygo wasn't playing this season, not sure whether they have any merit though? I'd imagine Muncey would be coaching again.

Newcomb:

Ocean Grove:

Portarlington:

Queenscliff:

St Leonards: Won't have an A Grade this year. Rob Cutajar is coaching.

Wallington:

Back