Breaking News: Pietersen resigns

Jonesy

Breaking News: Pietersen resigns

According to reports on Sky News, Kevin Pietersen has resigned as England captain, following the ECB's emergency board meeting that took place on Tuesday evening to discuss the rift between Kevin Pietersen and Peter Moores.
Cricinfo understands that the 12-man board met by teleconference on Tuesday night, raising the possibility that Pietersen, who had not been due back from his holiday in Africa until Thursday, would pay the price for his outspoken views on the future direction of the England team.

Now, however, it appears that Pietersen has taken his future into his own hands, and handed back the role he took on from Michael Vaughan barely five months ago.

Cricinfo - Pietersen resigns as England captain

Re: Breaking News: Pietersen resigns

Wow. Didn't think Pietersen would be the one to lose out in this situation. Word is they are looking at Shane Warne as a possible coach.

ArShad;305887 said:
Will kevin be available for WI Tour ??

I doubt him not being captain will harm his place in the team.

Big news, the problem isn't with KP its Moores. The guy is really sending the English cricket team down in the worlds cricket standing. He is the one that must go.

So he is still in th England lineup?

Heard that he may head to the ICL elswhere is all...

mas cambios;305911 said:
Seems Moores has gone as well.

Very nice.

Who are the replacements standing in the wings?

Do you throw the captaincy back to Flintoff? Give it too a young feller?

Personally I reckon chuck it too Strauss. The guy has come back from the disappointment of being dropped and worked his way back with runs. Slapped the Indians around for a couple of tons. Only concern would be to much pressure on his shoulders might get the best of his batting.

Biggie;305914 said:
So he is still in th England lineup?

Heard that he may head to the ICL elswhere is all...

ICL? IF K.P did that I would lose all respect for him as a cricketer. Money hungry idiot would be all I would see him as.

Where you hear this?

Strauss is the obvious choice for the time being, especially as his place in the test side is secure. Can see someone like Flintoff being given the one day gig.

Can't see KP going to the ICL, he knows that he would lose a hell of a lot of goodwill in this country if he did. Not to mention that his ego is far too big to be satisfied on a stage that small.

In a way this happening is good as it shows that the board does have some backbone. It would have been all to easy to give into either side and therefore give them the power. Though it makes a mess at the moment, hopefully the team can come out of it stronger.

Although Kent's coach, Graham Ford, had been touted as Moore's probable successor, his candidature had been raised with a view to finding a man who could work alongside Pietersen. Ashley Giles is another option, although Warwickshire have warned they may not necessarily keep his job as the county's director of cricket open, should he be asked to fulfil a role as "stop-gap" coach in the Caribbean.

Off cricinfo.

the_socialite;305888 said:
Wow. Didn't think Pietersen would be the one to lose out in this situation. Word is they are looking at Shane Warne as a possible coach.

Warney's too busy playing poker.

i think it just shows the true kevin pietersen. all about himself.

prob should have stayed a south african.

Babies Arm;305978 said:
i think it just shows the true kevin pietersen. all about himself.

prob should have stayed a south african.

He wouldn't get a game in their current team

The430king;306020 said:
He wouldn't get a game in their current team

Doubt it, he is one of the most devestating players in world cricket. He would definetly get a game.

D.K;305916 said:
ICL? IF K.P did that I would lose all respect for him as a cricketer. Money hungry idiot would be all I would see him as.

Where you hear this?

That wouldn't surprise me one bit if he joined the ICL.

D.K;306044 said:
Doubt it, he is one of the most devestating players in world cricket. He would definetly get a game.

Maybe he might come back...........................

In my wildest dreams :p

Back