Bush Fires

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wizz

Bush Fires

I would like to pass on my heartfelt condolences to Abbs for the loss of his father Peter. Also to Ross and Rebecca for the loss of there children Macca and Neeve.

Driving home to Whittlesea Saturday night was like a bad dream,seeing the mountain on fire like that. The rehabilitation and rebuilding from this ordeal will take years.

Small towns like Whittlesea and Kinglake every one knows every one, and to see people you know loose love ones is very upsetting and heart breaking.

To all the fire fighters and CFA boys, what a fantstic job you guys have done and all should get medals. The destruction from this fire is hard to talk about but I thought a thread where people could pass on there best wishs would be a nice thing to do.

Re: Bush Fires

The Wizz;323176 said:
I would like to pass on my heartfelt condolences to Abbs for the loss of his father Peter. Also to Ross and Rebecca for the loss of there children Macca and Neeve.

Driving home to Whittlesea Saturday night was like a bad dream,seeing the mountain on fire that. The rehabilitation and rebuilding from this ordeal will take years.

Small towns like Whittlesea and Kinglake every one knows every one, and to see people you know loose love ones is very upsetting and heart breaking.

To all the fire fighters and CFA boys, what a fantstic job you guys have done and all should get medals. The destruction from this fire is hard to talk about but I thought a thread where people could pass on there best wishs would be a nice thing to do.

very well put, wizz
my thought's and condolences go out to everyone affected by this most tragic occurance.

With the loss of Peter Avola (the big Guy) the planet has lost a Great Husband,fantstic father, loving grandfather and exceptional friend, you would struggle to meet a better bloke, whether he was attending to Mary's every need, playing with his grand kids or having a beer with the fella's. A guy that knew every kids name and they all knew him, as he was that type of bloke.

gone, but never forgotten!

MERNDA v BUNDOORA UNITED
20/20 game
Tuesday 10 February; 5.00pm start
Mernda Rec Reserve, Schotters Road, Mernda
All proceeds to the Bushfire Appeal
Gold coin donations welcomed
BBQ and other activities
Come and show your support - all welcome.​

Saw this on the DVCA website. If nothing else, it's a good excuse to get out of training while doing our little bit for the bushfire victims.

Words cannot state what has happened, most DVCA players and supporters will know people from the devestated area. I feel for anyone that has lost friends family or property.

I would love to go to Mernda and congratulate them for the effort, work permits that I remain all the way up here.

I reckon we all can do something this weekend, even a doller from each beer we have; as locals to one of the worst hit areas I urge all BigCricket users to go back to their clubs and for this weekend come up with something to make a difference.

I know as a Mod I must restrict my use of language but **** I would love to catch the spineless arsepricks that did this.

God Bless all those lost and all those that have lost.

Thursday night Mill Park and Lalor Stars will be playing a 20/20 game at Redleap reserve. There will be a BBQ cooking all night and plenty of finger food.

After the game Aussie fast bowler Jeff Thomson will be guest speaker followed by an auction which all money on the night will be past on to
Victorians that lost there familys and homes.

Brett Lewis St Francis
Terry Keays Lalor Stars
Daniel Mills Mill Park

All former coaches of Whittlesea Cricket Club and former team mates with
Abbs who sadly lost is father in the fires..

Cost will be $25 per person to hear Thommo speak.

Would like to wish Mernda and Bundoora United luck for tonight and hope you get plenty of support.

Nice thread. Thoughts of the Big Cricket community are with those of the families directly affected in teh DVCA and the greater community.

If I was back living up in Bundoora I would of definetly gone along to these matches.

I know in the Northern Football league there is a football match that is being played.

I left for London last Friday morning so everything that is happening back home is just incomprehensible to me at the moment and it won't sink in until I am back (28th)...I did my teaching placement at Whittlesea Secondary College in term 3 last year, one of the Year 12 co-ordinators and her husband have been confirmed dead, and apparently eight children are missing...

I had two mentor teachers, one of them has lost her home, apparently nine other teachers have lost homes that teach in Whittlesea.

It must just be heartbreaking, it is the LEAD story on the BBC over here at the moment, and has been since Sunday morning over here, it's over all of the newspapers, it's just incredible...they are naming the towns like everyone over there must know them.

It's just wrong, and to think people are dying over here last week because of how cold it is, this planet is ****ed.

We have also planned a 20/20 match for next thurday night, 19th of February.

Bundoora Cricket Club V Watsonia Football Club

AT YULONG RESERVE, BUNDOORA

5:30 start - Barbecue, Raffles, Auction items & live music ( T.B.C.)

All profits will go directly to the appeal.

It's not much but trying to do something to help, it's still extremely difficut to comprehend that all this happened just 20 minutes from the safety of my own home.
My thoughts go out to all affected

P.S - just like to give a rap to my 5yo who was kind enough to be donate nearly half the clothes in his wardrobe to the Diamond Creek Community Centre when we explained to him why all the people were crying on the T.V.

Brad

I would just like to send my condolences to all the Kinglake community on the loss of homes and loss of friends. I would hate to think what they are going through during this tough period. Having travelled up to the mountain for footy games over the years, i have found the community very friendly and very hospidible. I wish you all the best and my thoughts as well as all of the dvca and big crickets bloggers are with you. Great stuff by all the clubs who have organised fundraisers for the appeal. Please support them and donate.

Cheers

After this tragic incodent that happened on the weekend with the bushfires, i was saddened to read yesturday that an old mate and premiership teammate of mine was taken by these fires. He was a great bloke and passed away with his two best mates by his side.
This kid played lots of cricket in the dvca (macleod and yarrambat) and had so much ability that couldhv let him go anywhere in cricket and life.

Haydn McMahon
May you rest in piece champ.
never forgotten

the_boobcat;324698 said:
Haydn McMahon
never forgotten

Haydn was just 17 and his friends, Kaya and Jon were 18. A whole lifetime ahead of them.

I cannot begin to imagine the pain and sorrow but what is coming across, more than anything, is the way people are pulling together. Although some have lost everything and more, they still have time to collect stray pets to take to the animal hospital. Others are donating feed for them. Others are trying to create a little bit of fun for the bewildered children.

Although there is so much evil in this World, there is also so much good and kindness. Perhaps we, in the UK, can also do something to help; hold charity Twenty20 matches when the season comes. It will only be a little but if everybody does something little, it will soon add up to quite a lot.

If you cannot hold a charity event yourselves, please consider donating something for a raffle or auction. PM me if you are interested.

bundybullz08;324869 said:
I've heard a rumour that the bushfire is edging itself towards Yarrambat, tell me its just a rumour?

Thankfully i can tell you that its just rumors Bundy.
That would be the last thing we need today as we pay tribute to Haydn & Jon. :(

the_boobcat;324698 said:
After this tragic incodent that happened on the weekend with the bushfires, i was saddened to read yesturday that an old mate and premiership teammate of mine was taken by these fires. He was a great bloke and passed away with his two best mates by his side.
This kid played lots of cricket in the dvca (macleod and yarrambat) and had so much ability that couldhv let him go anywhere in cricket and life.

Haydn McMahon
never forgotten

Having captained Haydn for a season and a half, I could not agree with you more "boobcat".
Although he was a work in progress, you could see that he was easily going to play 1st's in the near future, and it is a waste to not have him with us any more.
Today will be a very tough day, as we take the feild knowing that we will never see him again...

bundybullz08;325238 said:
Thank God that it was just a rumour.
I feel for Yarrambat,he sounded like a good player in the making.

Thank you mate.
Haydn was definately a good player in the making, but more importantly, he was a good person in the making.
He will be greatly missed.

Hi All,

Just letting you know that I've organised a charity match Friday 13th March @ 5pm. College Vs Community Match, with all proceeds going to the Red Cross Bush Fire Appeal.

The College Team will be made up of Cricket Club, Footy Club & Ex Students Vs a Community Team with players from all other teams being invited. (Thanks to Not Out! for posting this poster earlier for me)

I'm posting this now to see if anyone is wanting to play and captain the Community side as it is being auctioned off and the highest bid by 1pm Friday will be given the opportunity to captain the side Vs the college (Maybe Legend of a Bear??) Anyway PM me if your keen to put in a bid??

EC_BUSHFIRE_EVENT%20sml.PNG

Expected Likely Teams are:
Community Squad
Auction Winner (c)
Celebrity Guest
Ash Wood (Macleod)
David Love (Plenty)
John Lever (Epping)
Leigh McTaggert (Research)
Andrew Caithness (Montmorency)
Phil Hurst (Epping)
Glen Motschall (Panton Hill)
Greg Wilson (Eltham)
Sam McTaggert (Epping)
Adam Drinkwell (Prahran)
Shane Topham (Epping)

Vs

College Squad
John Wallace (Cricket Club)
Chris Daw (Footy Club)
Luke Kennell (Cricket & Footy Club)
Brent Gutterson (Cricket Club)
Brett Strickland (Ex Student)
Brian Mash (Cricket Club)
John Garrard (Cricket & Footy)
Luke Evered (Ex Student)
Jason Timos (Ex Student)
Ken Thomas (c) (Cricket Club)
Nick Jones (Ex Student)
Bryan Galvin (Footy Club)
Greg Strickland (Ex Student)

So get down and support a good cause..

Cheers,
John

i would just like to point out that north elthum were playing whittlesea the week of black saturday the match was called a draw north elthum tryed to ovtern the decision for winning points i think this shows how selfish they as a cricket club are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back