CA Futures League T20 in Melbourne (December 14 to 17)

Robbo

CA Futures League T20 in Melbourne (December 14 to 17)

The CA Futures League will have a Twenty20 tournament in Melbourne next week.

Group A: Victoria,NSW,Tasmania,Queensland

Group B: WA,SA,ACT, CA Centre of Excellence

FIXTURE
Monday December 14
St Kilda Cricket Ground
NSW vs Victoria at 10:30am
Tasmania vs Queensland at 2:45pm
Harry Trott Oval
WA vs SA at 10:30am
ACT vs CA Centre of Excellence at 2:45pm

Tuesday December 15
Toorak Park,Prahran
NSW vs Tasmania at 10:30am
Victoria vs Queensland at 2:45pm
Albert Ground
WA vs ACT at 10:30am
SA vs CA Centre of Excellence at 2:45pm

Wednesday December 16
Toorak Park,Prahran
WA vs CA Centre of Excellence at 10:30am
SA vs ACT at 2:45pm
Albert Ground
NSW vs Queensland at 10:30am
Victoria vs Tasmania at 2:45pm

Thursday December 17
St Kilda Cricket Ground
3rd/4th Playoff at 10:30am
GRAND FINAL at 2:45pm
Harry Trott Oval
7th/8th Playoff at 10am
5th/6th Playoff at 2:15pm

Some of the squads have been announced for the tournament

Qld Academy of Sport: Ben Dunk (c), Glen Batticciotto*, Cameron Boyce, Nicholas Buchanan, Jason Floros, Alex Kemp, Ben Laughlin*, Chris Lynn, Alister McDermott, Simon Milenko, Craig Philipson*, Andrew Symonds*, Preston White. (* denotes over 23).

New South Wales: Peter NEVILL(Captain) ,Tim ARMSTRONG, Ahillen BEADLE, Aaron BIRD, Daniel Burns, Steven CAZZULINO, Trent COPELAND, Simon KEEN, Nicholas MADDINSON, David MURPHY, Mitchell STARC, Philip WELLS

CA Centre of Excellence: Tom Beaton (WA), Sam Whiteman (WA), Daryl Mitchell (WA), Sean Abbott (NSW), Adam Coyte (NSW), Steve Colley (NSW), Luke Doran (NSW), Adam Zampa (NSW), Peter Forrest (NSW) (Capt.), Alex Keath (VIC), Michael Topp (VIC), Jake Hannan (QLD), Luke Feldman (QLD)

Information on this tournament and all of the CA Futures League can found at Cricket Australia

Re: CA Futures League T20 in Melbourne (December 14 to 17)

Thanks once again Robbo, I'm glad you put these sorts of games up because I like to follow them and without people like you putting them up I wouldn't know they were on.

Remaining squads have now been named

Aust Capital Territory: M Higgs(capt),J McLennan, A May, J Dean, J Kentwell, S Miller,B Oakley,M Delaney, T Thornton,H Medhurst,S Coates,N Lyon

South Australia: Kane Richardson,Daniel Cullen,Gary Putland,Cameron Francis,James Smith,Tom Brinsley,Tim Ludeman,Matthew Meeks,Michael Cranmer,Joel Davies,James Garrett,Ben Dougall,Steven Marks

Tasmania: John Rogers(capt),Jon Wells,Brady Jones,Tom Triffitt,Jeremy Smith,Xavier Doherty,James Faulkner,Wade Irvine,Gerard Denton,Matthew Day,Rhys Owen,Josh Walmsley,Michael Dighton

Victoria: Aaron Finch(capt),Aiden Blizzard,Ryan Carters,Rob Cassell,Steve Gilmour,Evan Gulbis,Michael Hill,Jon Holland,Glenn Maxwell,James Pattinson,Will Sheridan,Tom Stray,Dale Tormey

Western Australia: Liam Davis,Michael Johnson,Marcus Stoinis,Simon Branston,David Bandy,Anthony Del Borrello, Jake Fawcett,Clint Tomlinson,Tye Hopes,Luke Waterhouse,Jason Behrendorff,Nathan Coulter-Nile,Ryan Duffield

Recognise a few names from the WA side. Played quite a bit of junior cricket with and against Clint Tomlinson, he's a very good batsman but I'm not sure if this format will suit him. Time will tell though and I hope he does well.

Jake Fawcett is another young player who has played a few games of state league indoor for the centre I represent. Didn't have the best List A performances earlier in the season but hopefully he can bounce back and play well here.

Ty Hopes (No "E" on the end) is an excellent cricketer and a very adept spinner who has played WACA "A" Grade for Scarborough for what seems like forever. Hopes has also played indoor cricket for Western Australia and Australia and actually represented Australia the recent Indoor Cricket World Cup two months ago. He's an excellent leggie and a handy lower-order bat so hopefully he can have a good tournament and perhaps push for a spot in WA's FRC and Shield sides.

Another player I'd like to see in the side is Michael Swart from Joondalup. His last three innings have been hundreds and the last few seasons he has been averaging 50+ at WACA "A" Grade level for perrenial underachiever Joondalup. Swart has been playing a lone hand for Joondalup for the last few seasons and continues to excel at the club despite little support from his teammates. I suppose the limit of players over 23 for the Futures League has meant there aren't enough spots on offer.

Everything is just about set for tournament beginning on Monday.

A new electronic scoreboard has been installed at Harry Trott Oval to be debuted on Monday. I was there today to get a run through on it fingers crossed it works come Monday.

Weather Forecast for the week
Monday: Morning Drizzle Max 24
Tuesday: Fine Max 27
Wednesday: Fine Max 34
Thursday(Finals Day): Rain,Possible storms Max 29

Ljp86;379534 said:
Recognise a few names from the WA side. Played quite a bit of junior cricket with and against Clint Tomlinson, he's a very good batsman but I'm not sure if this format will suit him. Time will tell though and I hope he does well.

I've played cricket with a Clint Tomlinson, which sounds like it might be the one you know. Has he played a season overseas?

I didnt realise the chucker had been cleared to keep playing, might head down to Toorak Park on Tuesday to see Symonds make a quacker against the Vic U/23s :D

Victorian batting lineup looks very strong, hope they fire

Robbo;380128 said:
Everything is just about set for tournament beginning on Monday.

A new electronic scoreboard has been installed at Harry Trott Oval to be debuted on Monday. I was there today to get a run through on it fingers crossed it works come Monday.

Weather Forecast for the week
Monday: Morning Drizzle Max 24
Tuesday: Fine Max 27
Wednesday: Fine Max 34
Thursday(Finals Day): Rain,Possible storms Max 29

Do you work for Cricket Victoria, Robbo?

mas cambios;380140 said:
I've played cricket with a Clint Tomlinson, which sounds like it might be the one you know. Has he played a season overseas?

Not sure, I haven't spoken to Clint since Under 15's or something. He's Australian so he'd have an Aussie accent. My guess is that he would have gone overseas to play but I can't be certain as I haven't seen him for years. Other players from his club have gone overseas to play cricket in England, mostly in county leagues (Sussex league etc) and have had some success.

Ljp86;380211 said:
Not sure, I haven't spoken to Clint since Under 15's or something. He's Australian so he'd have an Aussie accent. My guess is that he would have gone overseas to play but I can't be certain as I haven't seen him for years. Other players from his club have gone overseas to play cricket in England, mostly in county leagues (Sussex league etc) and have had some success.

He was 100% Australian and a very good bat. I reckon it would have been in 2006 and he was about 18/19/20. Western Australia sounds about the right state as well.

Gentleman - would you mind giving an idea on who are seen as potential Australian representative that are in these squads. Nice to see that CA are looking to the future..

Cant tell you much about the other states but from Victoria

Jon Holland is the obvious one, Finch and Hill have very big wraps on them as good batsmen who could represent Australia one day and James Pattinson the Victorian bowler is another with a big reputation and who wants to beat his brother and play more test cricket :D

Changes to Victorian Squad

IN: Robert Quiney,Louis Cameron

OUT: James Pattinson,Tom Stray

Shaun Tait now in the SA squad

Forecast for Wednesday now 39 degrees.

Queensland change

IN Cameron Gannon

OUT Ben Laughlin

Tassie Change

IN Alex Doolan

OUT Josh Walmsley

mas cambios;380212 said:
He was 100% Australian and a very good bat. I reckon it would have been in 2006 and he was about 18/19/20. Western Australia sounds about the right state as well.

That's probably Clint then, he's the same age as myself.

Games that were due to start at 10:30am will now start at 10am. Thursday's games at Harry Trott to start at 9:30am and 2:15pm

There will be a 2 hour break(approx.) between matches.

Official game times for this week

Morning Games
10am to 11:15am
11:30am to 12:45pm

Afternoon Games
2:45pm to 4pm
4:15pm to 5:30pm

Harry Trott Oval on Thursday(Minor Finals)
7th/8th Playoff
9:30am to 10:45am
11am to 12:15pm

5th/6th Playoff
2:15pm to 3:30pm
3:45pm to 5pm

Back