Can Michael Clarke Captain with all these injuries?

gbatman

Can Michael Clarke Captain with all these injuries?

It appears Michael Clarke has been annointed captain of Australia to succeede Ricky Ponting. But just one question. Should he be captain if he gets injured so often? You can't have a captain who is out every 4th match or so with some sort of injure IMO...

Re: Can Michael Clarke Captain with all these injuries?

I agree, but he isn't injured that often. And we have capable replacements in Hussey and now Haddin.

Mousey;325906 said:
I agree, but he isn't injured that often. And we have capable replacements in Hussey and now Haddin.

haddin? i'd bleed one of the younger players.. haddin won't be around that long, maybe only another 5 or 6 years.

He's often getting a back injury, looks like something that will bother him for a lot of his career and he'll only get older.

I didn't mind Haddin's captancy, he attacked. Had fine leg up at one stage cutting off 1's and 2's and let the on fire Siddle bowl out with the new ball and get wickets.

Hussey is too old in my opinion. Clarke is the logical choice but who else if not him. Haddin could be an option but captaincy and keeping could be too much.

hattrick;326034 said:
Hussey is too old in my opinion. Clarke is the logical choice but who else if not him. Haddin could be an option but captaincy and keeping could be too much.

Doesn't appear bother the Indians.

What about Katich? He's captained NSW...

Clarkey will be fine, it's just all these new positions him and Lara are trying out that has done his back in ... :p

He'll be fine. It's only recently that he's been missing quite a few games, and that's only because his back injury has coincided with other, more short-term injuries and illnesses.

Of course, there is always Hughes....:D

Back