Castlemaine and District Cricket Association

Re: Castlemaine and District Cricket Association

Dot.Com;333682 said:
isnt it great how every1 is so happy an has lots of important things to say about cricket... i know the site is called big CRICKET but y do we need to talk about cricket, every1 hides behind a false name an bags each other out because no1 has the minerals to say it to a persons face or back it up withh the bat or ball, bloody embarrassin really

Max's Camera Never Lies.

Sorry to interrupt you C graders discussion, but the Bendigo Addy had an interesting article this week confirming 2 new sides for the Emu Valley comp next year.

One is from a comp North of Bendigo and the other?

You guys would probably know more about it than I would.

As I said before if you think you can throw your trash into our comp you have another thing coming.

The EVCA executive wouldn't put up with the antics of the red hats for more than a round, unlike the CDCA who lack the guts to stand up to them.

keepinemhonest;333841 said:
Sorry to interrupt you C graders discussion, but the Bendigo Addy had an interesting article this week confirming 2 new sides for the Emu Valley comp next year.

One is from a comp North of Bendigo and the other?

You guys would probably know more about it than I would.

As I said before if you think you can throw your trash into our comp you have another thing coming.

The EVCA executive wouldn't put up with the antics of the red hats for more than a round, unlike the CDCA who lack the guts to stand up to them.

well the thing is once we get rid of them, then we can refuse them back into our comp....so its a win for us

Shemd #1 Spinna;334589 said:
REALLY !!! What for??

they went for a run out and the ball hit the stumps but the bails didnt fall off so he walked up to the stumps and kicked them over ha ha ha ha what a hero

therealtriglet;334591 said:
they went for a run out and the ball hit the stumps but the bails didnt fall off so he walked up to the stumps and kicked them over ha ha ha ha what a hero

HAHAHA i bet he felt big the ****er

that j-rod from north is the biggest piece of cow manure this league has seen i dont even know why he calls himself a keeper i reckon i could teach a monkey to keep better than that tard

Hey Guys,
Its been really enjoyable to have been spending a fair bit of my time, prowling around the local schools lately, doing some work with the kids, for the local heritage festival coming up in May.
Have recognised a few of the young fellas smiling faces, from Saturdays i have spent taking photos of the local cricekt action, and caught up with some old friends from way back (Rodney Willaton, or as we called him on one of our many rebelious nights out "The Rod" or "Burke' n").
Finals start this weekend and am looking forward to some great action. Be sure to put on a show for my ever reliable camera fellas!
Cheers For Now,
Your Friend,
Max

CRICKET COACH

The Coronet City Cricket Club affiliated with the BCA turf wicket competition seeks to appoint a Non-Playing or Playing Coach to lead and assist the Club climb the ranks of Ballarat’s premier cricket competition.

You will have demonstrated communication skills with players at all senior levels and will be assisted by a stable and committed administration.

Significant remuneration linked to your experience, knowledge and ability is available for the right person. Applications, marked Confidential are to be received by April 9th. and mailed to the

President
Coronet City CC
P O Box 4031
Alfredton 3350

Predictions for this weeks Grand Finals.
A Grade
Campbells Creek in a tighy game againest Barkers. Creeks has the advantage with the willow and proberly barkers with the ball. whoever wins the toss has to post a score of around 250 for the game to be competative.
A RES
Barkers should have the edge over Taradale. Barkers need plummer to take wickets as they are proberly an experienced bowler short. Barkers have a well rounded team with a mix of youth and experience and bat all the way down to 11 which is important in finals. Can dean carry Taradale over the line for another week? I dont think so, he is due for a failure, might be time for docco or lachy to step up and make a + 50 score.
Taradale have the advantage with the ball and Barkers with the bat, but i think Barkers should win with thier depth.
B grade.
Who cares, but Maldon should win
C grade
yeah I havent watched any games all year. Newstead im thinking.

gocolts;340288 said:
Predictions for this weeks Grand Finals.
A Grade
Campbells Creek in a tighy game againest Barkers. Creeks has the advantage with the willow and proberly barkers with the ball. whoever wins the toss has to post a score of around 250 for the game to be competative.
A RES
Barkers should have the edge over Taradale. Barkers need plummer to take wickets as they are proberly an experienced bowler short. Barkers have a well rounded team with a mix of youth and experience and bat all the way down to 11 which is important in finals. Can dean carry Taradale over the line for another week? I dont think so, he is due for a failure, might be time for docco or lachy to step up and make a + 50 score.
Taradale have the advantage with the ball and Barkers with the bat, but i think Barkers should win with thier depth.
B grade.
Who cares, but Maldon should win
C grade
yeah I havent watched any games all year. Newstead im thinking.

Il agree with colts in a grade... but can hodoras repeat his effort again? goin on recent history a low score could still win the game. also creeks last 2 games havent been under a lot of pressure (mberry and bowlin to 300 in the semi) will be interestin to see how they go under pressure.
A res will be a battle of depth as plummer an dean cancel each other out..matt waters returned to some kind of form, young stone supported well with 40 odd. Anderson at 7 turned 200 into 260 with a some quick hitting. Taradales tail didnt wag as it has in the past. can barkers back up a 300 score again?

yeah i agree with dot.com aswell. recently 150 in a grade final has been pretty hard to chase down. if hodoras fails i think becks or stubbo will have to step up and make a big score which they are capable of doing.
Barkers creek might struggle to back up from a big score but around 200 on that wicket should be enough. Who do u rate more as a bowler plummer or schmit?

gocolts;340433 said:
yeah i agree with dot.com aswell. recently 150 in a grade final has been pretty hard to chase down. if hodoras fails i think becks or stubbo will have to step up and make a big score which they are capable of doing.
Barkers creek might struggle to back up from a big score but around 200 on that wicket should be enough. Who do u rate more as a bowler plummer or schmit?

plummer is a better bowler, dean has slowed up but still has some magic up his sleeve. also hasnt opened the bowlin much this year. but still goin with plummer, but as an alrounder il back dean to deliver... cann win a game off his bat or ball.. plummer is bit more of a slapper.
who else does barkers have to bowl? taradales main bowlers are 21 an under but it will be good to see who handles the pressure better out of matt plummer an jackson hood? any thoughts?

barkers will bowl matt plumbridge, ash benbow, tappy, dave anley and maybe if they are really desperate and trying to buy a wicket kenners with his loppy leg spin. Yeah i agree i think plummer is a better bowler he is always trying to get you out bowling off cutters and bowls on the spot all day. dean is a better bat, can win a game off his own bat, but yeah if he fails i think taradale could lose. umm i havent faced jackson hood from taradale so i cant say but matt can bowl well at time but tends to bowl alot of either full tosses or short outside off. he opened the bowling on the weekend, i think ash benbow could be a better option he sneaks a quicker one through every now and then and being left handed can be awkward for the right hander.
What about the batsmen, Timmy Richo or Lachy Maltby from taradale, who would u rather?

gocolts;340569 said:
barkers will bowl matt plumbridge, ash benbow, tappy, dave anley and maybe if they are really desperate and trying to buy a wicket kenners with his loppy leg spin. Yeah i agree i think plummer is a better bowler he is always trying to get you out bowling off cutters and bowls on the spot all day. dean is a better bat, can win a game off his own bat, but yeah if he fails i think taradale could lose. umm i havent faced jackson hood from taradale so i cant say but matt can bowl well at time but tends to bowl alot of either full tosses or short outside off. he opened the bowling on the weekend, i think ash benbow could be a better option he sneaks a quicker one through every now and then and being left handed can be awkward for the right hander.
What about the batsmen, Timmy Richo or Lachy Maltby from taradale, who would u rather?

lachlan maltby.. the way he walks down the wicket from ball 1, he is very hard to bowl at, bowl short an he hooks well pitch up an he hits over the top of mid off. havent seen richo bat. ash benbow or vearing?

benbow hands down. Dont rate vering at all, he wont get a wicket or make a run in the Grand Final. Hey see if you DOT.COM can make an A res team or the year. Qualifications are played half the games, can only have 2 members from the same team. 6 batsmen, 1 wicket keeper bat and 4 bowlers and a 12th. Good Luck

gocolts;340433 said:

Barkers creek are hopless in chasing runs in big games.
Campbells Creek too strong in all aspects.
good batting line up and strong bowlers.
Madge has a crook hammy!
which we all know so no runner for him!
so thats a big chunk in barkers line up!

barkers to win a res
and hopefully muckleford in B, for u col lake first granny for ya mate in 30 years!

gocolts;340949 said:
benbow hands down. Dont rate vering at all, he wont get a wicket or make a run in the Grand Final. Hey see if you DOT.COM can make an A res team or the year. Qualifications are played half the games, can only have 2 members from the same team. 6 batsmen, 1 wicket keeper bat and 4 bowlers and a 12th. Good Luck

1)L.Maltby
2)A code
3)M.dalton
4)D.Schmidt
5)R.Fisher
6)M.Peckam
7)D.Anley
8)T.Plumridge
9)R.Hall
10)P.wicks
11)G.Fraser
12th man)G.Wybar from guildford... very unlucky to miss as a bowler.
I have bent the rules slightly. but schmidt, anley, hall and plumridge can be classed as alrounders along with code. m dalton to keep. see if you can pick a better team than that

Dot.Com;341242 said:
1)L.Maltby
2)A code
3)M.dalton
4)D.Schmidt
5)R.Fisher
6)M.Peckam
7)D.Anley
8)T.Plumridge
9)R.Hall
10)P.wicks
11)G.Fraser
12th man)G.Wybar from guildford... very unlucky to miss as a bowler.
I have bent the rules slightly. but schmidt, anley, hall and plumridge can be classed as alrounders along with code. m dalton to keep. see if you can pick a better team than that

1)L.Maltby
2) A Code
3) R Fisher ( to keep )
4) B Walter
5) D . Schmit
6) B. Deppler
7) D Smith
8)T Plumbridge
9) A Butcher ( m ford)
10) G. Wybar
11) L Walker

Proberly gone abit batting heavy. But Code, Deppler, Schmit and Walter can bowl if needed. Walker to bowl spin.

Back