Castlemaine and District Cricket Association

Re: Castlemaine and District Cricket Association

thehoff;317251 said:
i'm over country week now, it's time to move on. but i can tell u why the colts are shit. why don't you ask jando?ever since he took over the colts they are a rabble, and have lost a heap of players. he bowls himself nearly all day for little return.

i think its a bit harsh on ando, he aint a bad bloke. hes not the captain so he cant bowl himself all day.

i dont think we have to look at the country week side as being a mates club we need to have a look at who selects the selectors.maybe some selectors who get along with the players from this comp and not just there club would help the situation.a bloke like al mack who can bat and bowl and field very well not even considered .that just about somes up the comp to a tee.country week is one day cricket,rep cricket is one day cricket so this league says no we dont want one day cricket.thats why numbers in this league drop and other league increase.we need to get out of the set ways of the too few who run it and get up with the times.

TTcc;317252 said:
i think its a bit harsh on ando, he aint a bad bloke. hes not the captain so he cant bowl himself all day.

harsh, but fair. he is the coach, and the vice captain so i think he has some input. and is it just a massive coincedence that after he took over as coach, they started their slide!!

thehoff;317256 said:
harsh, but fair. he is the coach, and the vice captain so i think he has some input. and is it just a massive coincedence that after he took over as coach, they started their slide!!

who else have they lost part from the club favourite bj an hobbsy. but he didnt leave cos of ando lol.

TTcc;317268 said:
who else have they lost part from the club favourite bj an hobbsy. but he didnt leave cos of ando lol.

yeah i'll give u hobbs (i think that reason is a club secret). jones, mcleod, salter, turley, dowler, hughes just to name a few. paul wicks mite be ok if he kept out of the pub. but seriously, what did he do? took a bag of wickets against a group of 'heartless trophy hunting cowards' in taradale who were to scared to play in a grade.

thehoff;317289 said:
yeah i'll give u hobbs (i think that reason is a club secret). jones, mcleod, salter, turley, dowler, hughes just to name a few. paul wicks mite be ok if he kept out of the pub. but seriously, what did he do? took a bag of wickets against a group of 'heartless trophy hunting cowards' in taradale who were to scared to play in a grade.

mcleods have been gone for years. trav has played 2 years at g/ford an clint has come back from qld an playin withhis brother. salter works in melb an lives in guildford an his uncle is playin at g/ford. dowler an hughes arent big names in a grade or woulda left cos of ando.
have u seen taradales bowlin attack? apart from dean its all kids. im i bet jamie allen an clint aldridge woulda loved them bowlin. an it was well known if schmidt neva made runs then taradale woulda been pushin shit up hill to win a game

name all the players who have left for there reasons.it doesnt matter.you worry about the players you have and there are some handy players still there.beat the redhats earlier on in the year,embarassed castlermaine and are in the game against barkers.not a bad effort against the top sides.still in the mix i would have thought.

I can't believe all the angst about the country week selectors!

In my experience the country week 'selectors' only qualification is to have a phone and a phone book so they can ring around and beg blokes to play.

Hardly selectors at all.

A mate of mine who plays in your comp still just told me that there has been a big push to call the round off due to the heat, but one of the officials whose teams are well placed this round knocked it back.

I remember a couple of seasons ago when a certain club was in trouble and some smoke blew in from bushfires he couldn't call the round off quick enough.

Looks like nothing has changed in the CDCA!

keepinemhonest;317661 said:
I can't believe all the angst about the country week selectors!

In my experience the country week 'selectors' only qualification is to have a phone and a phone book so they can ring around and beg blokes to play.

Hardly selectors at all.

A mate of mine who plays in your comp still just told me that there has been a big push to call the round off due to the heat, but one of the officials whose teams are well placed this round knocked it back.

I remember a couple of seasons ago when a certain club was in trouble and some smoke blew in from bushfires he couldn't call the round off quick enough.

Looks like nothing has changed in the CDCA!

the selectors do a job no 1 else wants to go near... an good on them for it. better them than me, its hard enuff pickin club sides. u can only pick the guys that havent put up with the shit b4...
as for the heat there is no law in the bylaws so u cant call it off.. smoke causes more health risks than the heat.. it is a sumer sport afta all.

Yeah keepmeimhonest, I agree.

The week before A and M Brindley scored about 450 runs between them and then the game was called off. Missed out on the points!!

I hope its not called off on Saturday. Berries B's should get their second win on the trot (5 runs behind on first innings with 6 wickets in hand). Pretty pissed off at the moment with my cricket though. Not getting a bowl and my batting has been awful since the first game.

Resist;317845 said:
Yeah keepmeimhonest, I agree.

The week before A and M Brindley scored about 450 runs between them and then the game was called off. Missed out on the points!!

I hope its not called off on Saturday. Berries B's should get their second win on the trot (5 runs behind on first innings with 6 wickets in hand). Pretty pissed off at the moment with my cricket though. Not getting a bowl and my batting has been awful since the first game.

yer A brindley wasnt a bad bat in a res hey... an for a bloke that hasnt meant to be playin for the last 3 years!!

Forfieted. When we submitted teams on Thursday, there were players saying they could play. When the captains called up to confirm, they all said 'oh nah cant play now' so we had to forfiet. Didnt just 'not turn up' as you put it.

On the upside, our B Grade won first innings befor the other team wanted to call it off due to the heat.

Resist;319141 said:
Forfieted. When we submitted teams on Thursday, there were players saying they could play. When the captains called up to confirm, they all said 'oh nah cant play now' so we had to forfiet. Didnt just 'not turn up' as you put it.

On the upside, our B Grade won first innings befor the other team wanted to call it off due to the heat.

Well another farcical weekend for the Castlemaine and District. Some teams playing and others not.

The league does not have a heat rule, yet all of a sudden the day was deemed to be extreme conditions via a rule in the book.

It is time someone on the League Committee stood up and was counted for. The games were left to captains to decide whether they wanted to play. Of course teams in the weaker position are not going to play. Why didnt the President and the board of directors meet at 11am like other local leagues and say well it is 38 degrees and getting hotter so we deem it is unfit and unsafe for players and umpires to be out in it. They didnt because they are weak and do not do their job properly. On the back of country week this is another sign of the clueless and inept committee the league has.

Heads must roll over this, if not then teams will leave the league. Playing in this league must be so frustrating for players with all the stuff ups that keep happening.

And if it is true that Malmsbury forfeited in A grade they should not be allowed to play at A grade level ever again. That is an absolute disgrace. Again the weak people at the top will probably do nothing about it.

Yeah its shame we did forfiet. Im sure a few of us in B's would have jumped at the chance to have a shot in As, but as were in the middle of a two dayer it couldnt have happened.

With B Grade and the heat, before the day started the other captain said he was happy to just hand us first innings. There was a bit of grumbling about it, and they seemed to just walk off after bowling about 10 overs after we had first innings.

Outswinger;319382 said:
Well another farcical weekend for the Castlemaine and District. Some teams playing and others not.

The league does not have a heat rule, yet all of a sudden the day was deemed to be extreme conditions via a rule in the book.

It is time someone on the League Committee stood up and was counted for. The games were left to captains to decide whether they wanted to play. Of course teams in the weaker position are not going to play. Why didnt the President and the board of directors meet at 11am like other local leagues and say well it is 38 degrees and getting hotter so we deem it is unfit and unsafe for players and umpires to be out in it. They didnt because they are weak and do not do their job properly. On the back of country week this is another sign of the clueless and inept committee the league has.

Heads must roll over this, if not then teams will leave the league. Playing in this league must be so frustrating for players with all the stuff ups that keep happening.

And if it is true that Malmsbury forfeited in A grade they should not be allowed to play at A grade level ever again. That is an absolute disgrace. Again the weak people at the top will probably do nothing about it.

well outswinger i cant believe it! out of your 54 posts that you have added to this forum, this is the first one where i actually agree with you. usually we get absolute dribble coming from you with pathetic opinions which no one really cares for but this time you've surprised us all, congrats!
i agree that heads must roll over the weekends heat debarcle, dick mack you need to stop hiding behind that pathetic facial hair and have a good long look in the mirror because the league you and your pathetic puppets are running is becoming a laughing stock. for a team to apparently 'not be bothered' turning up to a game coz its too hot is horrific and its time for someone to stand up and make the tough decisions for once and piss malmsbury off for good.
you know it makes sense.

Did you not read my two posts above yours??

Malmsbury forfieting had nothing to do with the heat.

hey resist dont worry about why you didnt turn up the fact is you didnt.i dont know why frizz and irene waste there time with a bunch of sooks down there.when you are in a res and beating everybody and a couple of blokes are making hundreds every week and the little chuckers getting 5 or 6 wickets a game its great.you all turn up and do the right thing by the league and when its struggle time in a grade you all go missing.the leagues a bigger enough joke without sides not turning to play.why didnt you stop at the pub on your way to newstead and drag 9 blokes out cause if they had no ability they would slot straight into your a grade..

cant beleive aldridge would call a game off because of heat, that never seemed to bother him during football season where he would wear a long sleeve jumper on 30 degree plus days and never complain, maine united are cowards

jando;319596 said:
hey resist dont worry about why you didnt turn up the fact is you didnt.i dont know why frizz and irene waste there time with a bunch of sooks down there.when you are in a res and beating everybody and a couple of blokes are making hundreds every week and the little chuckers getting 5 or 6 wickets a game its great.you all turn up and do the right thing by the league and when its struggle time in a grade you all go missing.the leagues a bigger enough joke without sides not turning to play.why didnt you stop at the pub on your way to newstead and drag 9 blokes out cause if they had no ability they would slot straight into your a grade..

Frizz... Always fights with Brindley and senior players about the pitch, the club and stuff. He's a legend around the club but gee its a bit tense with Frizz at the moment.

Yeh, its not right that we forfiet, but its not the clubs fault. Theres about 4 or so players who have been around the club for 5 or so years who have vanished since Christmas, and its not good enough.

And not sure why and how you think TC chucks. Obviously just to quick for you but you shouldnt label someone a chucker just because you're not good enough to play him. There is nothing wrong with his action.

Back