Castlemaine and District Cricket Association

Re: Castlemaine and District Cricket Association

PresidentDick;320968 said:
Yes ‘flat backer’, I do drop by every now and then to see what “dribble” is being talked. And I must say that lately I have not been impressed with the level of discussion, the disrespect shown for each other, and the lack of concern to get the facts right, all hidden by anonymity. They say everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if that opinion is based on ignorance, cynicism, and a need to score cheap laughs at the expense of others, then it doesn’t count for much, does it?
I would be very happy to comment on the issue of last Saturday’s weather, and go through what the administrators, umpires, and captains were required to consider. But I’m not keen to set myself up just so that the chatroom participants can throw more insults at the people who have to make hard decisions, and who put themselves in positions of responsibility purely because they love the game of cricket and want to give something to it.
So I ask all of you to give some assurance that if I do make a comment I will not just cop a heap of insults. Disagree by all means with my view, suggest better ways of handling situations, but do so only when you are fully aware of the facts.
And a warning. If I do decide to comment, it will be pretty boring stuff. Lots of quotes from the Laws of Cricket and the CDCA Rules, and a bit of the law of negligence thrown in.
So, what say you, chatroom dribblers? Do you still want to read my comments, or do you just want to continue bagging my motives, my apparent weakness as CDCA President, and my personal grooming preferences?
I’ll check back tomorrow morning (Thursday).
Oh, and I see that the Weatherzone website (http://www.weatherzone.com.au/vic/north-central/castlemaine) is predicting a top of 41º for next Saturday (with a possible shower - if you can believe that!) – you can expect that once again umpires and captains will be required to give serious thought to whether play should commence.
Cheers, Dick

Great to see you acknowledge our dribble President Dick and may be willing to discuss the hard issues

I for one would welcome your comments on the issue of weather, proposed Country week changes and your thoughts on how a president of the league can wear the hat of league president and umpires president. feel free to join

PresidentDick;320968 said:
Yes ‘flat backer’, I do drop by every now and then to see what “dribble” is being talked. And I must say that lately I have not been impressed with the level of discussion, the disrespect shown for each other, and the lack of concern to get the facts right, all hidden by anonymity. They say everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if that opinion is based on ignorance, cynicism, and a need to score cheap laughs at the expense of others, then it doesn’t count for much, does it?
I would be very happy to comment on the issue of last Saturday’s weather, and go through what the administrators, umpires, and captains were required to consider. But I’m not keen to set myself up just so that the chatroom participants can throw more insults at the people who have to make hard decisions, and who put themselves in positions of responsibility purely because they love the game of cricket and want to give something to it.
So I ask all of you to give some assurance that if I do make a comment I will not just cop a heap of insults. Disagree by all means with my view, suggest better ways of handling situations, but do so only when you are fully aware of the facts.
And a warning. If I do decide to comment, it will be pretty boring stuff. Lots of quotes from the Laws of Cricket and the CDCA Rules, and a bit of the law of negligence thrown in.
So, what say you, chatroom dribblers? Do you still want to read my comments, or do you just want to continue bagging my motives, my apparent weakness as CDCA President, and my personal grooming preferences?
I’ll check back tomorrow morning (Thursday).
Oh, and I see that the Weatherzone website (http://www.weatherzone.com.au/vic/north-central/castlemaine) is predicting a top of 41º for next Saturday (with a possible shower - if you can believe that!) – you can expect that once again umpires and captains will be required to give serious thought to whether play should commence.
Cheers, Dick

firstly, outswinger you stick puller, you wonder why i slag you off but agreed with you once? as i stated, ONCE in you 54 boring, non intelligent, i almost feel-sorry-for-you quotes i agreed because you made 1 good point. but the rest of the time i think you write crap. you obviously have little if any knowledge of the game or this league. i wouldnt b surpised if youre a blow-in swordmuncher that probably spends his saturdays filling in for b grade.
Also you think i have a fun life counting your posts? please, give me a break. have a look under your name on the pages goat and i think u'll find how i counted your posts. d-head.
Secondly pres dick, you can continue writng comments but i think i will continue 'bagging your motives', 'your weakness as cdca pres', and 'your grooming preference' wolfman, because thats what the punters get on here for, to voice the opinions and concerns, even if no one cares, hey outswinger.
you know it makes sense.

GladstoneSmall;321054 said:
firstly, outswinger you stick puller, you wonder why i slag you off but agreed with you once? as i stated, ONCE in you 54 boring, non intelligent, i almost feel-sorry-for-you quotes i agreed because you made 1 good point. but the rest of the time i think you write crap. you obviously have little if any knowledge of the game or this league. i wouldnt b surpised if youre a blow-in swordmuncher that probably spends his saturdays filling in for b grade.
Also you think i have a fun life counting your posts? please, give me a break. have a look under your name on the pages goat and i think u'll find how i counted your posts. d-head.
Secondly pres dick, you can continue writng comments but i think i will continue 'bagging your motives', 'your weakness as cdca pres', and 'your grooming preference' wolfman, because thats what the punters get on here for, to voice the opinions and concerns, even if no one cares, hey outswinger.
you know it makes sense.

You are right I am just a stick puller and only fill in from time to time in the B grade.

I would like however for you to tell me more of your knowledge of the league and help me to better understand it and the way it works. Can you please tell me of the boring things I have said? And I wonder how you can say that I am unintelligent without any examples. So feel free to show me that these are true.

Also if PresidentDick is really you Dick Mack, then it is totally unprofessional for you to be coming on as the League President and discussing issues on a chat forum where you are open to slander, bias and total idiots who are only here just to stir people and have very little intelligence or practical knowledge of the game.

Outswinger;321071 said:
You are right I am just a stick puller and only fill in from time to time in the B grade.

I would like however for you to tell me more of your knowledge of the league and help me to better understand it and the way it works. Can you please tell me of the boring things I have said? And I wonder how you can say that I am unintelligent without any examples. So feel free to show me that these are true.

Also if PresidentDick is really you Dick Mack, then it is totally unprofessional for you to be coming on as the League President and discussing issues on a chat forum where you are open to slander, bias and total idiots who are only here just to stir people and have very little intelligence or practical knowledge of the game.
i couldn't agree with you more outswinger. you're last sentence somes you up perfectly. you are a total idiot, and obviously have little intelligence or practical knowledge of the game. and yes i know who the young gun fast bowler is at newstead. his name is dave cobden. he has fiery red hair, and the speed to match.

thehoff;321105 said:
i couldn't agree with you more outswinger. you're last sentence somes you up perfectly. you are a total idiot, and obviously have little intelligence or practical knowledge of the game. and yes i know who the young gun fast bowler is at newstead. his name is dave cobden. he has fiery red hair, and the speed to match.

So are you Gladstone's neck that he has been looking for a long time?

You are no doubt from Muckleford like many of the other losers on this forum. Never going to win anything.

thehoff;321105 said:

Yes hoff. David Cobden was the name i was looking for.
Heared the young fella is making a come back to cricket after a bit of time out... should boost the newstead bowling stocks, as the likes of christmas, pedretti and culvenor aren't upto the standards of young D. Cobden's extreme pace and swingers.
he will also be a handy asset with the bat.
couldnt do anyworse than the rest of those muppets out at newstead at the moment.
but even with the highly spoken of return of Cobden, newstead will still struggle from here on.
NO CHANCE AT FINALS.
Get onboard the Reds.

The Bug is out.
But he will be back.
To bite you when you least expect it.
:D

why is everyone arguing over all this crap for.is it because people have got too much time on their hands because this disaster of a league doesnt play much cricket,bit more time playing cricket would solve this problem.another saturday is about to be wasted.these nice sunny days are no good for cricket.i cant wait for it to piss down rain again so we can get some cricket in.and as this season comes to a close it will be interesting to see how it ends..guildford to not play finals again..too hot for castlemaine...malmsbury to not show up again... p.s could the league president aldridge let us know if crickets on this week...

Well what a laugh this forum has been this season. I've been monitoring it for a while now and been reluctant to log on and post until today.

This comp CDCA has been on the downward spiral for many a season now. How people in power within the association can sit back and have judgement on games and events through their one eyed loyalty to there own clubs is beyond me.

The red hats are the biggest joke in this comp. Don't worry about ejecting Malmsbury there should be an independant inquiry into the crap that these blokes have got away with year after year with their coward decisions and people in power.

Country week is a joke when you have the majority of players are red hats. They are the greatest team of individuals ever and you want harmony and team success in country week and you go and pick these *******s. No wonder you got flogged every day. M.Giri should be suspended from the league for making a ton bowling!!!!

Why is there no 20/20 games in this comp???? Is it too hard for the powers to be to do? What a simple draw, open it up to other clubs, christ you may even make some money. Nah its to hard for the secretary etc cos they dictate what happens in the league not the clubs! No wonder people don't play anymore!

I'll stop there as i could go on forever and no one reads long posts. So enjoy, i'll be back and clean up your act CDCA. A complete overhaul of commitee is needed or held responsible for this crap that is happening.

so what are peoples tips for this weeks games, if the heat doesnt cause cancellations,

muckleford v malmsbury - fuds to get up here

north castlemaine v newstead - if was at newstead would go the roos but north at home should win

guildford v campbells creek - taking the goats here

barkers creek v castlemaine - taking barkers in an upset think it might be abit hot the the hoop hats

Iced Pitch;321538 said:
so what are peoples tips for this weeks games, if the heat doesnt cause cancellations,

muckleford v malmsbury - fuds to get up here

north castlemaine v newstead - if was at newstead would go the roos but north at home should win

guildford v campbells creek - taking the goats here

barkers creek v castlemaine - taking barkers in an upset think it might be abit hot the the hoop hats

This weeks tips

Tc unplayable on the berrie wicket - Malmbury to win the battle of the spooners ( hopefully they turn up )
North at home to win in a danger game Predretti not playing wk1 helps
Campbells Creek just over gford - alot of name players at gford that need to perform and haven't - this game could decide who stays in the four

barkers Creek to defeat Cmaine - Mercuri return after a shoulder injury tips this game in the creek boys favour.

Hmm, not a great response to my offer to explain a few things. Pity – I thought this might be a forum where the ordinary players could get some real insights into how the CDCA works, and club and association administrators could hear the players’ point of view..
But I can see ‘GladstoneSmall’ and ‘Outswinger’s point. … It’s a bit like a parent trying to join in the teenage offspring’s party, isn't it – sorta spoils the fun for everyone else.
So, I’ll go quietly. Hey, if anyone does want to chat to me, you know where to find me on a Saturday, and my private email address is hardly a state secret.
Ciao, folks!
Dick

PresidentDick;321617 said:
Hmm, not a great response to my offer to explain a few things. Pity – I thought this might be a forum where the ordinary players could get some real insights into how the CDCA works, and club and association administrators could hear the players’ point of view..
But I can see ‘GladstoneSmall’ and ‘Outswinger’s point. … It’s a bit like a parent trying to join in the teenage offspring’s party, isn't it – sorta spoils the fun for everyone else.
So, I’ll go quietly. Hey, if anyone does want to chat to me, you know where to find me on a Saturday, and my private email address is hardly a state secret.
Ciao, folks!
Dick

Thats your problem president. Your too busy worried about websites like this. Why don't you worry about your problems with the CDCA.

How do you let the red hats get away with their crap?
How does taradale play an 'a' grade cricketer in 'b' grade against kids and smash them around the park? Now thats helping people stay involved in cricket if thats what your league likes to do.
How can your insipid rules allow the captains to make the decision regarding weather. Depending on how your team is going after first week of course your going to play the rules to your advantage?
Is Newstead getting an outrite for last round? Or is the great CDCA secretary going to declare it a draw or 1st innings win because an outrite and full points result may effect the end result of his clubs 'a' grade?

Just a couple of questions for ya president

PresidentDick;321617 said:
Ciao, folks!
Dick

as usual dick, you are trying to make everything about you. you get on here and ask people to ask you questions so you can prove how intelligent you 'think' you are, then you sook because nobody cares what you think. its not all about you dick, as much as you'd like it to be. and 'jando' why don't you stop hiding behind another players name, and tell the world who you really are. i know who you are, and i'm giving you a week to tell everybody who you are, or i will. u dirty redhat.

Looks like I was wrong when I said nothing has changed in the CDCA.

A few years ago I remember playing in over 40 degrees or thereabouts regularly and there was no mention of calling games off.

It was not even discussed.

Sad day for cricket if central vic leagues don't play when it is hot. Perhaps you can get footy to run From July to February so you can play the season at a cooler time of year.

That way your legs won't get sunburnt under your tennis skirts!

Honestly the heat isnt a massive deal. Yeah, its shit when you are out there but you'll get extra drinks and stuff. I think if its supposed to be over 40 degrees a decision should be made the day before. Even just play up till Lunch and then make a decision. Its not the end of the world.

B Grade Malmsbury game will be interesting. We are playing Muckleford. Have beaten second anf third placed teams in the last two weeks so will be great to knock off the first placed team! (I am fairly sure they are first?)

Outswinger;272365 said:
He is playing at Castlemaine United. Very aggressive and outspoken player when he steps onto the field.

dunno about aggressive and outspoken, plays it hard and no harder than most outswinger, do u know him??

I see the CDCA has pulled the pin on tomorrow's game already!

Nice to see on the website that the under 16s still have the balls to play!

Maybe you should change the comp to the CDA seeing as the cricket part doesn't seem to happen anymore!

Strange how the comp managed to struggle along for 130 years or so before all of a sudden some days became too hot to play.

Well done to the teams currently on top of the ladder in the senior comp, looks like you have the flag won as there will be no more cricket for the rest of the year.

Sad to see what has become of a once respected league.

soft as butter decision to pull the pin on this week, league need to take two doses of harden the f..k up

Back