Central Gippsland Cricket Association

zazzman

Central Gippsland Cricket Association

New to Gippsland cricket. Not sure if there is a thread of yet.

Have played the last 10 years in the VTCA with Footscray United CC and Avondale Heights CC. Before that was at Sunshine YCW in the old SCA. And before that was at Sunshine CC in Subbies (my junior years) from 1990 till 1995.

Bought a house in Morwell in Feb 2007 so Im down here for a while now.

Have checked out both Morwell CC and Latrobe CC. Haven't committed to a club as yet. Standard is somewhat lower than VTCA North A but there are still a few decent players. On the other hand both clubs are a bit troppo with their fitness. Im fat and getting older and getting injured early every year. Not much fuel left in the tank.

A grade is on turf. B & C on mats along with the juniors. With LaTrobe shire on stage 2 restrictions and water in the dams I can't see the season being called off from the drought. It always seems to rain down here. Moe took out the A grade premiership last season. Morwell have been around for 115 or so years. I've had a look at both clubs tables and they are good. 6 wickets to pick from. Outfields are green and lush.

The clubs in the CGCA (1st Grade) are as follows...

Morwell CC
LaTrobe CC
Moe CC
Yallourn North CC
St Vincents CC
Mirboo North CC
Newborough CC
Moe Blues CC

I kept last year at Avondale Heights in the 1st XI. Not the quickest of cats with my footwork (fatness) but my eyes-hands are still ok. I wasn't happy with where I batted last season (no.8). The year before I opened in the magoos and had a decent year. 4 players came up from the magoos to play in the 1st XI in 2006/07 and I batted behind them all. Bah.

I will probably have an interrupted 2007/08 season as me and the wife are expecting on the 10th October. Might just bash around in the lower grades and enjoy my limited season.

Any other CGCA players feel wlecome to post on this thread.....

@|

Back