Chest Drive

Auzayr

Chest Drive

How Can I use the chest drive in my bowling? How do you do it? Brett Lee jumps before he crease and stretches out, is this the strating of the chest drive? Could som1 explain how to perform this chestdrive?

Re: Chest Drive

If you touch your toes, you'll discover the end of the chest drive!

It starts from front foot impact and leads you through your action so your chest is always ahead of the rest of you and as far in front of the ball as possible.....

Also, Is it important to neccesary to lift your left knee up high when bowling like brett lee in the pic

It's helpful as it engages your hips, glutes and abs. And it's more likely to happen if you are a sideways on bowler. Just as long as you don't lean back to do it.

Think of a piece of string between your non-bowling elbow and front knee so it lifts up like a puppet. This will be your 'set' position on back foot impact.

It's the starting point of the transfer of energy....

Also, what do u think of james anderson's action, is his action bimechanically right because i think he does some things in his action which are not right but still bowls at high 80s and low 90s plus swings the ball?

You don't need a perfect action to bowl fast. The idea of working on the action though is to get faster and straighter.

Anderson does many things right but there are a few things he could do better such as use his front arm and not throw it away early. But this is how he's been allowed to develop and has got used to it. It doesn't help him, but also doesn't stop him from being a decent international.

Bowlers learn to compensate, which means something else isn't as efficient or as good as it could be. With the right help and advice they could improve - and I'm sure Anderson would choose to be more consistent, faster and still swing the ball, exactly like the bowler Dale Steyn has become.  ;)

Back