City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 09/10

Uncle Mick;365405 said:
Surely the Greek Zorro will play on. They need his experience in Woolnough to develop the kids. Young Blair has a big future and I don't think he will develop quite as well under anyone else.

Huge call on MW. Not sure their existence depends on a flag. It will be pretty deflating however, if they were to go through another finals series without saluting in the big one. Doesn't help their cause when the skipper is held in the same esteem by the kids as many of his opponents.

W.Corr made 500 runs last year and it still wasn't enough to get them past a 1st semi final. Expect e3ven bigger things from him this year. Took a while to adapt to the change of surfaces and being a leader at his club, but each year he's gradually increased his output.

UM,
Don't take it as read that 'The Champ' won't play, what I said is he won't play in Woolnough! At least MW have improved on the previous skipper they had. Still a hot-head, but capable of winning games himself. Good pick up to get A.Bott, but he just replaces A.Worker.... Did he win anything at the Machine?

Lazza,
Face facts. Take the family connection away and look at progress over 10 years, and compare that with other clubs. You seem to be floating backwards, or out of control at least, almost without a rudder.

WIP (Wily Old Pro);365430 said:
UM,
Don't take it as read that 'The Champ' won't play, what I said is he won't play in Woolnough! At least MW have improved on the previous skipper they had. Still a hot-head, but capable of winning games himself. Good pick up to get A.Bott, but he just replaces A.Worker.... Did he win anything at the Machine?

Lazza,
Face facts. Take the family connection away and look at progress over 10 years, and compare that with other clubs. You seem to be floating backwards, or out of control at least, almost without a rudder.

Well WIP interesting.I could not imagine he would play in the lower grades, so is he fronting for the firsts? I keep hearing around the traps that the hoops have picked some very handy recruits this season and will be challenging for the premiership.Also if you look at every club over 10 years except the juggernaut you could argue the same thing.The Westars have done well and they have a future.Fairly certain Bottsy collected a few honours while at the machine.

CLOCKER;365447 said:
Well WIP interesting.I could not imagine he would play in the lower grades, so is he fronting for the firsts? I keep hearing around the traps that the hoops have picked some very handy recruits this season and will be challenging for the premiership.Also if you look at every club over 10 years except the juggernaut you could argue the same thing.The Westars have done well and they have a future.Fairly certain Bottsy collected a few honours while at the machine.

Clock, time is ticking. Bottsys not getting any younger although you tell me he WON personal awards? No Finals? No team success? No surprises! :)

Gee, you come on with your first post asking the forum folk to be nice and already you're laying the boots into Bottsy. Can't help but assume you're a disgruntled Mackie man, WIP. What gives?

Who was the previous skipper you speak of?

WIP (Wily Old Pro);365451 said:
Clock, time is ticking. Bottsys not getting any younger although you tell me he WON personal awards? No Finals? No team success? No surprises! :)

The clock ticks for all of us. Again pretty certain Bottsy played finals at Mackie.Yes he is aging, but if you read my previous posts I still believe he is a more than a useful bowler.In fact Aydin and Bottsy opening the attack will test a few teams.Write him off at your own peril. If personal awards are that important to you and that alone represents your judgment of a player, then so be it.Apart from the juggernaut there are not to many clubs that can boast of much success in Longmuir in the past decade so your point is redundant.

CLOCKER;365466 said:
The clock ticks for all of us. Again pretty certain Bottsy played finals at Mackie.Yes he is aging, but if you read my previous posts I still believe he is a more than a useful bowler.In fact Aydin and Bottsy opening the attack will test a few teams.Write him off at your own peril. If personal awards are that important to you and that alone represents your judgment of a player, then so be it.Apart from the juggernaut there are not to many clubs that can boast of much success in Longmuir in the past decade so your point is redundant.

UM & Clock, you both make valid points. A.Bott/T.Aydin will be the most formidable opening attack in Woolnough, but can McConville/Worker make enuff runs to defend?
If Bottsy is fit and can take 30+ wickets, the westars are again in the mix.

Time will tell, as Clock would know. If I offended any1, I apologise, but I call it as I see it.

The boots are off, the slippers on to watch the Sainters with thru to the GF. If we win I'll be nice, if not..... it's cricket season.

CLOCKER;365447 said:

Clock,
you are right, '' the champ won't play in the lower grades '' and may be available in Woolly if his manager can convince him to keep off the punt, as well as offering perhaps a couple of token cold one's at the end of the day.
The hooped one's have recruited exceptionally well and will drift into premiership favourites after rnd -4.
A new top line opening bowler who will be the quickest in the comp.
A genuine top alrounder from sub district.
A top order bat who will account for the loss of the JGG.
Coupled with their core group from last season, they will be balanced and very competent to take up the challenge.
This also creates some handy players in their woolly team who would have otherwise played in their one's, so i'm expecting that both 1's and 2's to play finals, and could quite easily pick up the daily flag double.

TO WIP, ease off the westers, they have a great spirit and have been doing an ok job of surviving so far, no one said that there was a time frame on survival.:eek::rolleyes::p

Archie Roach;365471 said:
Clock,
you are right, '' the champ won't play in the lower grades '' and may be available in Woolly if his manager can convince him to keep off the punt, as well as offering perhaps a couple of token cold one's at the end of the day.
The hooped one's have recruited exceptionally well and will drift into premiership favourites after rnd -4.
A new top line opening bowler who will be the quickest in the comp.
A genuine top alrounder from sub district.
A top order bat who will account for the loss of the JGG.
Coupled with their core group from last season, they will be balanced and very competent to take up the challenge.
This also creates some handy players in their woolly team who would have otherwise played in their one's, so i'm expecting that both 1's and 2's to play finals, and could quite easily pick up the daily flag double.

TO WIP, ease off the westers, they have a great spirit and have been doing an ok job of surviving so far, no one said that there was a time frame on survival.:eek::rolleyes::p

Hey Archie we are still waiting for the news you titillated us with.Christmas is quickly approaching.

I keep on hearing that part of the reason the Champ won't play Woolnough is due to attempts for team-based attitudes to be met by all within the club, and those who don't respond may be playing lower than expected. Hats off in trying to pull the reigns on the 'individual'.

To think the Moorabbin West will struggle to survive if they don't win Woolnough is silly talk.

There's a club called East Bentleigh Central, who sit smack bang in the middle of the most saturated part of the CMCA. Competition from Bentleigh ANA, Bentleigh Uniting, Mackie, Washington Park & Omega does not stop this club from hanging in there and maintaining 2-3 sides every weekend.

There's been only one club of note that has folded in recent years, which was Bailey-Park Eastmoor. This was supposed to be part of a super-merge with Mackie, but a few years on Mackie looks no differentto how it was 10 years ago, and sadly, any recongition of BPE as part of the combine's history is long gone.

WIP - going on Worker's last season they're going to struggle if they're relying on him with the bat. 1/3 of his runs came in the last 2 finals. Wallace is going to need to chime in with a few cameos again, but McConville is the main man. Only once did MW win when he didn't score 30+.

If Archie's on the money with these recruits, Union will be a formidable outfit in the 2nd grade. Still feel they need the guidance of Big Con to keep them in line.

Sugar;365485 said:
I keep on hearing that part of the reason the Champ won't play Woolnough is due to attempts for team-based attitudes to be met by all within the club, and those who don't respond may be playing lower than expected. Hats off in trying to pull the reigns on the 'individual'.

To think the Moorabbin West will struggle to survive if they don't win Woolnough is silly talk.

There's a club called East Bentleigh Central, who sit smack bang in the middle of the most saturated part of the CMCA. Competition from Bentleigh ANA, Bentleigh Uniting, Mackie, Washington Park & Omega does not stop this club from hanging in there and maintaining 2-3 sides every weekend.

There's been only one club of note that has folded in recent years, which was Bailey-Park Eastmoor. This was supposed to be part of a super-merge with Mackie, but a few years on Mackie looks no differentto how it was 10 years ago, and sadly, any recongition of BPE as part of the combine's history is long gone.

Not sure it was a merger more a takeover along with all baggage that comes with such a venture.It looked good on paper, and probably gave Mackie a false sense of security;I would be interested to see how many former BPE are still at the club playing, and whether they hold any committee roles.I would say none, and it is not surprising.

WIP (Wily Old Pro);365430 said:
UM,

Lazza,

What would you know about a cricket club floating backwards you don't stay at the one club long enough what is it 10 clubs in 10 years?

Lots of Love

Lazza

Evening All,

I hope all those over confident Magpies have recovered from the over night drowning of their sorrows and we now have the GF we had to have.

I believe the CMCA are now again homeless after the Kindergarten cop deal fell through at the last minute much to Barrack's displeasure.Where to now back to good old inadequate Bailey Park?

A former running track longmuir express bowler has joined the Aqua blues and it is great to see the CMCA start to get some former players pull on the aqua blue uniform and give a bit back like happens in many other associations.

Clock and Uncle you bring a wry grin to old Merl's face when talking about the dreaded LBW decision and the quality of the aquas giving them.
While you would expect the top grade aquas to be more consistent and reliable than the others as you go down the grades you still have the walking keg and Harry pulling out the odd shocker, and a name like trigger didn't come from any lack of LBW's and you have your old mate DC in a Sizer esq mode of no LBW's what so ever.Then you have the allrounders who are never out when they are batting , but want them all out when the are bowling.

As for Clocker's yet again marvellous stats do Union play across the line when batting and then do too much with the ball when bowling.The other big factor is the size and strength of the appeals.

Latest news is that 2 B's have left on the camel trains from the oasis and the brothers have kissed and made up and will be united down at the dessert in a joint bid for the bluff Rd Cup.Maybe Juggy could confirm it for us if all is happy once again in the family.

WIP your not a ranger are you who has had close ties until your recent showing of the door at MW given your intimate knowledge of the place as 10 clubs in 10 years is even too many for you.

Archie is just keeping you in suspense until the i's are dotted and the t's crossed until the big fish that not even Rex Hunt would have been able to hook has been signed sealed and delivered.Let's just say the two club's involved in the mix up are in close proximity to each other which partially explains how the Melways mix up occurred.

Adam

My new computer wouldn't allow me to log on to the ANA's website the defacto CMCA official website to get any news of the President and Secretary's night I presume was held the other night.

It has disappeared off the Michael J Fox femine touch CMCA website with no up date what so ever.I am not sure why the wallet park telstra boy went to so much trouble with little or no improvement apart from the new colours.

Anyway time for an Archie Horlicks as I need a bit of good shut eye before I embark on some major financial dealings in the coming week.

until next time......................... vino sipping poster.................. Merlot

Merlot,
If the Aquamen have another former fast bowler to their ranks then it follows that the number of LBW's will increase.Fast bowlers as a rule should just bowl, complain about dropped catches, abuse batsmen and aquamen and do nothing else.Giving them power is a dangerous experiment.
The Hooped ones have a ratio exceeding 2.1 in terms of LBW's compared to W.B and the juggernaut.Clearly they have an image problem and should seriously consider appointing Vorbs as their aqua ambassador.His role would be to wine and dine the aqua men, ensure they have sufficient fluids during and after the game and provide them with a three course sit down silver service lunch, along with a cab fare home at the end of the day's play.
I am sure Vorbs could also educate a few of them about the finer points of the game during their marvellous lunch. The hierarchy at the hoops could easily find a poultry 5K for such an important job.
If as you have suggested that Bott mark 2 has also left then it add more depth to the Westars line up and must certainly have them starting as favourites whilst at the Oasis their cupboard is beginning to look alarmingly short on experience, especially in the opening and spin department.Let's hope a few of their seniors do not succumb to injury otherwise it could be a year battling for survival let alone finals.

Merlot,

Not sure if you have Alzheimer's but I did state quite a while ago that Dean was staying at Mackie.

Merl,

I think you may be thinking of the wrong former player the player you are thinking of has more loyality in his big toe than WIP.

Uncle Mick,

Correct me if I am wrong isnt finals time when you want your playing coach to stand up.

No need to be corrected there. My point is they'll need more from him with the bat during the year if they're to be placed in as good a position as they were last year. Macca isn't getting any younger and will need a bit more support from the senior players. That is unless one of the kids stands up, but to be honest I didn't see a great deal of potential in their batting order.

And fair dinkum, is there any danger we could see a fixture? There are 11 days to go til the season starts. It was announced last week that the fixture was now ready and would be available for all to see "in the next few days". The weekend has well and truly gone. Surely it's about time?

Uncle Mick;365959 said:
No need to be corrected there. My point is they'll need more from him with the bat during the year if they're to be placed in as good a position as they were last year. Macca isn't getting any younger and will need a bit more support from the senior players. That is unless one of the kids stands up, but to be honest I didn't see a great deal of potential in their batting order.

And fair dinkum, is there any danger we could see a fixture? There are 11 days to go til the season starts. It was announced last week that the fixture was now ready and would be available for all to see "in the next few days". The weekend has well and truly gone. Surely it's about time?

Mick,
How does this sound for Round 1. It can't be that hard to post Round 1 fixtures at the very least!

THIS IS NOT A CMCA APPROVED DRAW JUST A FIGMENT OF A SRIBES IMAGINATION
WOOLNOUGH SHIELD DRAW ROUND 1 2009 - 2010

Round 1 Oct-03 Venue
Moorabbin West v Edithvale-Aspendale Widdop Reserve*
Brighton Union v Omega Bricker Reserve*
Hampton Central v Hampton United Simpson Reserve*
ESBC v Bentleigh ANA King George Reserve*
Cluden v Highett West Cluden*
Brighton District v Bentleigh Uniting Dendy Park*

Uncle Mick;365959 said:
That is unless one of the kids stands up, but to be honest I didn't see a great deal of potential in their batting order.

might fill you in on a few stats Uncle Mick

M Thornton, made a a 70 and an 80 odd last year in quick time. a few mid 30 scores, also a 93 in longy against Elwood a few years ago as a 19 year old. finally a consistent season last year and is becoming one of the premier middle order batsmen in the competition. POTENTIAL is showing id say.

C Charity : an 89 from 40 overs against mackie in wooly 2 years ago as a 17 year old. if the kid can focus at training, and develop a little more, he could be one of the best bats in the comp and im not the only one that thinks so. id say POTENTIAL written all over him.

A Francis, a few fighting 50's in woolnough, under pressure, including a great knock of 40 odd in a semi against aersl as a 17 year old.may have some of that POTENTIAL you were talking about.

A Forbes, mainly a bowler these days, kid bats at 9,but could easily be in the top 6 with a few good hits last season, and was also in a few good partnerships including one of 50 odd in the preliminary final. won a few batting averages in juniors so has the POTENTIAL

T Aydin..just getting better and better. opens the bowling and bats at 10, but was leading the batting average early in the year. made a cracking 50 against east sandy last year. POTENTIAL id say
The bottom 4 are all under 22 years old. 3 are only 19.
there is also few others i wont name as they have the potential but havent yet proved it.

if you have a grudge against mwcc thats fine, but i wouldnt be slandering anyone and everyone, simply because they have something to do with mwcc.
back on topic..

what homegrown potential does highett west have? could you name some memorable performances in recent memory

and enough of the mwcc bashing Mick, its getting tiring and is making you look quite the fool in many many peoples eyes. even a few others on this forum are noticing it..

yours faithfully
Clint.

It's clear you have a high attention span, Clint. Might be best to get your facts right with respect to my opinion. It was simply that. My opinion. And one that it is based on my experience of playing against them and watching them in a couple of finals. There's been no direct bashing of Moorabbin West as a group and certainly no slandering of individuals (other than the obvious). I have great respect for the older heads down there (minus the captain - whom is still respected for his ability, but carries himself quite poorly as a leader of a cricket club to the point it's embarrassing for your club) and quite enjoyed the kids who gave me a fair old heckling for my input onto this forum when we met last year. They seem to play the game in the right spirit and know how to give a bit without crossing the line.
I've spoken highly of Aydin in the past of whom I think has the potential to be one of the premier bowlers in this Association under the right guidance. I still maintain that I'm yet to see anything from the kids with respect to their batting stocks. You've clearly indicated there have been some performances that contradict my opinion and I'm happy to accept that. Most sides will see each other once a year and from what I've seen and heard from speaking to other clubs there hasn't been much said about the kids other than Aydin's bowling.

At the end of the day it's not about convincing me about your kids. If your happy with how they're tracking then I would think that is the most important statistic of all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back