City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 09/10

intheoutta;367968 said:
point taken gents.. just seems as though their batting holds up each year.

moving on.. its interesting to see some people opting for the new boys kingston heath over a more proven performer washington and everyone going for the redbacks over elwood, who had a much better season than the redbacks last year.

does ano really much that much to elwood, just interested in the reasoning behind these tips...?

cheers

They have treaded water for the past 10 years or so and really wasted the last two seasons with Leon.The young fella will add some much needed bite into their attack, and they do have some devastating batsmen if they get going.Finally the Wash Ups are taking a forward step and not relying on gimmicks and personalities. Tony Verrall is a good appointment and he will get them back to playing some hard competitive cricket and have some good kids coming through thru their ranks. The men in Red are a well drilled unit and I think they will get up in a tight contest.Wash Ups tend to drop the games they are expected to win. Carnegie South are a very good one day side and would push most teams.Bentleigh U has not been able to beat them in the last couple of seasons probably because Brett is not playing for them.I am sure he would have made scores of 90 & 100 n.o. I also think ANA may get up in a surprise.Bit of a lottery the old one dayers. I would like to see the look on the Hampton Central boys if that Caulfield park pitch is the same one they have used in the past few years.The ball is useless after 5 overs, and gets up about shoe lace height.More sand in the pitch than on the beach.
Good luck to all including Brett and I will be keeping a look out for you Merlot.

Longmuir

Bentleigh Ana
Bentleigh Uniting
Kingston heath
Brighton Union
West Bentleigh
Carnegie South

Woolnough

highett West
Brighton Union
Bentleigh Ana
Hampton Central (by a very long way)
Moorabbin West
Aspendale Edithvale

heres my tips..

longy:
east sandy
uniting
union
west bentleigh
carnegie south

woolnough:
highett west
union
east sandy
moorabbin west
AERSL
Uniting

good luck to all this weekend

CLOCKER;367995 said:
They have treaded water for the past 10 years or so and really wasted the last two seasons with Leon.The young fella will add some much needed bite into their attack, and they do have some devastating batsmen if they get going.Finally the Wash Ups are taking a forward step and not relying on gimmicks and personalities. Tony Verrall is a good appointment and he will get them back to playing some hard competitive cricket and have some good kids coming through thru their ranks. The men in Red are a well drilled unit and I think they will get up in a tight contest.Wash Ups tend to drop the games they are expected to win. Carnegie South are a very good one day side and would push most teams.Bentleigh U has not been able to beat them in the last couple of seasons probably because Brett is not playing for them.I am sure he would have made scores of 90 & 100 n.o. I also think ANA may get up in a surprise.Bit of a lottery the old one dayers. I would like to see the look on the Hampton Central boys if that Caulfield park pitch is the same one they have used in the past few years.The ball is useless after 5 overs, and gets up about shoe lace height.More sand in the pitch than on the beach.
Good luck to all including Brett and I will be keeping a look out for you Merlot.

Its seems easily forgotten that Wash Ups have in their line-up the current CMCA player of the year.

Thanks to all who have responded to the inaugural Babylon tipping comp but a few of you have broken the rules already.

We are not allowed to babble on or justify our selections.

Please tip in the game order as produced from the Michael J Fox website as despite the wait you can print a fixture for longy and the Bluff Rd cup from the website site.Things are looking up.

Still waiting for Archie,Jimmy,Adam,Burger etc to lodge tips.Current participant tally is 7

For what it is worth the Merl babylon less tips are

longy

Elwood
Bri Un
Washington
East Sandy
Bent Utg
Mackie

Bluff Rd Cup

Br Un
Aspend
BANA
H West
H Utd
H Cent

May the best man or woman win and results will be posted once MJFWS has been updated.

Clock I will be with Archie so should be easy to find!

Merl,
''I'm here'', just got back from immigration as i'm still trying to get my boys off the boat and into their whites for tomorrows blockbuster.
Will be working until late tonight and may have to pick them up from Princess Pier.
I'm just hoping they don't get off and then jump back on the Tassie ferry.
Great idea with the tipping, old Arch will be in, catch you tomorrow.
Oh by the way, i've got some stronger Horlicks.

Redbacks
Hoops
Washups
ANA
Uniting
Sky Blues;

Woolly;
Hoops
RSL
ANA
Highett W
Moor West
Uniting
:cool::eek:

Merl,

Im in for a tipping contest.. just no idea who is playing & not enough ti,e to check it out..

Put me down for all the away teams in rd 1..

Centrals to unleash their new recruit on Units 2's... he is sharp!!

Burger

Nice to hear you back from the dead,when you get home from the SFL presentation night you may have a look over this I will give you an extension until tomorrow morning.

Carn Sth v Elwood
Bri Un v Omega
King Hth v Wash Pk
East Sandy v Bent Ana
Le Page v Bent Utg
West Bent v Mackie

Bluff Rd Cup

Omega v Bri Union
Aspend v Cluden
Bent ANA v East Sandy
Brighton D v Highett West
Moo West v Hamp Utd
Bent Utg v Hamp Cent

If you don't get a chance to have another look I will just give you the away teams.

The sharp one you are talking about could be in fact one Burger Bourbon himself with some leadership responsibilities I believe.

Archie

I hope you have a big warm coat it can get very cold down at the wharf and you could be an agent for a few clubs who are waiting anxiously for what may or may not get off the boat!

until next time...vino sipping poster......Merlot

Longy,

Redbacks
Union
Washups
East Sandy
Le Page
The Machine

Woolly,

Union
Edi Asp
East Sandy
Brighton Districts
Westars
Centrals

Longy

R/Backs
Ommers
Washups
East Sandy
Le Page
West Bentleigh

Woolnuff

Ommers
Cluden
ANA
Highett West
Moorabbin West
Centrals

Well they have come out of the clouds for the inaugural Babylon tipping competition.Nice to have the oasis less Bottsy on board.

Jimmy I have found half your tips with the Bluff Rd cup in your article but you failed to nominate in longy so you don't get them in you get the lowest longy score or the away sides whichever is lower.

Hope Arch has got back from the wharf and it hasn't been too long a night.

A woman on the tram told me in Collins st that the aqua blues will be BBQ's tomorrow and Jimmy is only making a cameo appearance!

Until next time.....vino sipping babylon tipping organiser..................Merlot

My tips:

Longmuir

Carn Sth
Bri Union
Wash Pk
East Sandy
Bent Utg
West Bent

Woolnough

Bri Union
Edi / Asp RSL
Bent ANA
Brighton Dists
Moor West
Hamp Cent

Great idea with the tipping comp. Keep it up!

Ordinary Bloke;368063 said:
Longy

R/Backs
Ommers
Washups
East Sandy
Le Page
West Bentleigh

Woolnuff

Ommers
Cluden
ANA
Highett West
Moorabbin West
Centrals

Took me a while to get that one but I see what you've done there. Everyone else see what he's done with the name of the Woolnough Sheild? See how he's implied that everyone who plays Woolnough is either a) phsyically disabled or b) less inclined than the esteemed poster.

For those interested in the emerging league of the comp, I personally fancy a couple of suprises. Such as? Cluden (picked up a very good Fast bowler), Asp Edi RSL (same squad as two years ago, better equipped this time) and the normality of Kingston Heath (Dan Schwarze permitting)

Evening All,

I trust you had an enjoyable start to the season and that your team won.Archie and I enjoyed our usual couple of frothies as we took the Beemer for a joy ride around a few Longy and Bluff Rd Cup games.Still waiting for Jimmy's results.

The Babylon tipping comp kicked off with 14 worthy participants.Others can join but you will get the lowest score in both Longy & BRC to start with.I tried to copy and paste a summary of all the selections but it didn't work.I will post the results as soon as Jimmy or Hiliary or the web mistress do their thing.

While the rules do not permit you to babble on about your selections before the event you can now babble on about why you got them all right, whether Archie's passenger's from Princes pier made any difference,how the left handed slinger started the season and if he did catch up with Saul etc etc.

until next time..........vino sipping poster..................... Merlot

new 2 this site dont expect perfect english and grammar but all i would like 2 say 2 get the ball rolling is it seems that brighton district who are "going through the motions", "preparing for C grade" and as uncle mick said, "other than brighton district any team in woolnough is capable of winning on their day" have knocked off the premiership PRETENDERS!!!! :) COMFORTABLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bones

I am surprised you haven't entered the Babylon tipping competition with your vast knowledge.

Barrack was on the radio show with Jimmy,Adam,Trigger and Dave spinning his usual pr ,but alas no scores in the Sun or Age , an Aqua blue had to ring in with a missing Longy score,Jimmy and his mob failed to provide a score from Aspendale game unless I missed it,and the Michael J Fox website has provided nothing.

Anyone with the Aspendale score please provide it via the BCF so I can get the Babylon points out and also no points for a draw as no one selected it.

I look forward to a vast improvement next week.

Merlot....... your vino sipping poster

merlot.. have just logged back in to the old big cricket forum after a long footy season, and seen that u boys have gone straight through! a fantastic effort.

was reading a few pages back to catch up on things, unfortunately my interest turned to dismay when i read that u are still going on about this barack and hilary stuff. my friend.. this was not and will not ever be humorous.

and the us presidents name is spelt as above not BARRACK as you been spelling it since about this time last year, just thought id let u know so u didnt look silly

and yes, im from east sandy

Evening Folks,

Apologies still no update on the Babylon tipping contest as both the CMCA and the following incompetent clubs haven't bothered to update the Michael J Fox website:

Longy East Sandy

Bluff Rd Cup Bri District,ANA,Aspendale.

So for our last two posters All I can say is that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

From the incomplete results I got from the radio show 3 lucky tipsters got 6 in Longy another, In the outa would have if he had tipped in all games while in the Bluff Rd Cup one of those with 6 in Longy will get a perfect 5 if the RSL result is ever known this side of Christmas.Also another reminder there will be not point for the tie.

until next time........Your vino sipping poster................... Merlot

Merlot a good drop;368089 said:
Well they have come out of the clouds for the inaugural Babylon tipping competition.Nice to have the oasis less Bottsy on board.

Jimmy I have found half your tips with the Bluff Rd cup in your article but you failed to nominate in longy so you don't get them in you get the lowest longy score or the away sides whichever is lower.

Hope Arch has got back from the wharf and it hasn't been too long a night.

A woman on the tram told me in Collins st that the aqua blues will be BBQ's tomorrow and Jimmy is only making a cameo appearance!

Until next time.....vino sipping babylon tipping organiser..................Merlot

Not my Woolnough tips, Woolnough has their own scribe and yes, strictly a cameo as an aqua.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back