City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 09/10

Merlot a good drop;368386 said:
Bones

I am surprised you haven't entered the Babylon tipping competition with your vast knowledge.

Barrack was on the radio show with Jimmy,Adam,Trigger and Dave spinning his usual pr ,but alas no scores in the Sun or Age , an Aqua blue had to ring in with a missing Longy score,Jimmy and his mob failed to provide a score from Aspendale game unless I missed it,and the Michael J Fox website has provided nothing.

Anyone with the Aspendale score please provide it via the BCF so I can get the Babylon points out and also no points for a draw as no one selected it.

I look forward to a vast improvement next week.

Merlot....... your vino sipping poster

A Saturday night and Sunday morning made difficult by the fact that only 3 scores were received from Longy and 3 from Woolnough by Sunday morning. 20 match scores from senior grades not received by the time we went to air yesterday. This almost caused a missed deadline and a skimpy newspaper article short on information. Still don't know Aspy match score.
When requesting info for season preview from Longmuir/Woolnough Shield clubs received responses only from all Longmuir Clubs (except Mackie), Hampton Central, Highett West & Hampton United. Can only do so much to chase things up and expect it is exactly the same for Cox and co.
Wooly clubs want to be respected and acknowledged but not prepared to do anything to earn it???

My apologies for not reporting earlier but there was a bit of trouble logging on last night and then my post didn't save.Anyway we will have another go.

ontherise thanks for the RSL score as you post is the only place in Melb you will find the score.No scores in Sun or Mon papers and the slackers missed last nights 10pm deadline for electronic submission of scores.

I suggest a couple of previous posters should abide by the saying people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones as their clubs were a couple who hadn't filed scores and one still hasn't in the Bluff Rd Cup match while their opponents have.

Barrack and Hiliary ( one for near regulation dud )need to get on the front foot and fine clubs heavily as it is just not good enough to have so many scores missing.

Belated results of the Babylon tipping competition and congratulations to Pdog for a perfect score and the oasis less Bottsy also doing well and I see little brother sneared a couple of wickets under the palm trees.
In the outa please remember to tip all teams this week.Burger why o why did you tip all the away teams but if it is any consolation any new entrants will get your score to start.Adam and Jimmy are you in?

You can now babble on about why you did well or not so well and Merl's 7 has him mid field but a lack of knowledge of Bluff Rd cup teams plus his 2 roughies in longy not getting up didn't help.

2009 Babylon Tipping Contest

1 Pdog 11
2 Bottsy 9
3 UM 8
4 Keajai 8
5 Bonus P 8
6 Brett 8
7 Brudes 8
8 Merl 7
9 In the outa 7
10 Archie 7
11 Jimmy 7
12 Ord Bloke 7
13 Clock 6
14 Burger 3

Round 2 fixture and tippsters are to tip in fixture order or Merl who makes up the rules as he goes will deduct a point from you.

Longy
RD 2
Carnegie South v Bent Ana
Bri Union v Bent Utg
King Hth v Omega
East Sandy v Mackie
Le Page v Wash Park
West Bent v Elwood

Bluff Rd Cup

Brighton Dist v Hamp Cent
Omega v Highett West
Bent Ana v Cluden
Bent Utg v Bri Union
Moorabbin West v East Sandy
Aspen ERSL v Hampton Utd

until next time.............vino sipping poster..................Merlot

Now that the system is running smoothly a Pauline Hanson please explain question.

What are the tolerances spoken about on the MJFWS with 2 runs in longy & Bluff Rd Cup,5runs in C to F grade and 10 runs in g to one day grade?

Arch did you manage to get any of the recruits off the boat and into the whites and did any suffer boatlag as a result of the long trip?

Jimmy & Adam's radio program mentioned the LBW king and member of the giant killing Brighton District side will strap on the size 4 pads for the 300th time when he takes to the dog park oval this Sunday which has been kindly agreed to by the opposition.I am sure our newbie bones 89 can fill us in with the details of the day's and night's festivities as the Don Scott of the competition who fought vigorously for his beloved club when they were denied the opportunity to play in Longy gets those little pins pumping up and down the crease for a few runs.Alby just use the bat and not your pads to hit the ball for a change.Merl one of your old adversaries salutes your milestone.

Adam & Phil

just viewed your ventiliquist act on youtube which was of it's usual high standard provided you didn't look at your non moving mouth.Ron Blaskett eat your heart out and you two keep up the good work.

until next time...................vino sipping poster.............. Merlot

Merlot,

Regarding the run tolerance rule, this applies to those who take the time to fill in their club's socrecards online for the MyCricket site. If the bowling and batting don't add up to the same score, then there is a tolerance set, which becomes slightly more loose when you go down the grades.

On that, if you are frustrated when scorecards/ladders are not up to date on the MyCricket site, then look no further than your club as it's up to both you and the opposition to confirm the result before ladders are accurate.

Cheers, re the YouTube Show. As mentioned previously, I'm just trying to update the editing software so the vocal sync don't resemble a Bruce Lee film inthe next episode, which will hopefully be up tomorrow.

Hope you like the new design of our website.

bones89;368250 said:
new 2 this site dont expect perfect english and grammar but all i would like 2 say 2 get the ball rolling is it seems that brighton district who are "going through the motions", "preparing for C grade" and as uncle mick said, "other than brighton district any team in woolnough is capable of winning on their day" have knocked off the premiership PRETENDERS!!!! :) COMFORTABLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many of those will play the whole year in the CMCA though Bones????

Border;368865 said:
How many of those will play the whole year in the CMCA though Bones????
5 or 6 out of that side will probably play most of the year in woolnough but we also had a few guys in our f grade team last week who are more than capable of playing in woolnough. I'm not saying we will win the flag, may not even make the finals because we r a young but improving side. All i'm saying is that other teams shouldnt roll up 2 play us thinking it's an easy 6 points, which is what happened saturday and that's y it was very satisfying 2 get the result we wanted and deserved

Merlot a good drop;368812 said:
My apologies for not reporting earlier but there was a bit of trouble logging on last night and then my post didn't save.Anyway we will have another go.

ontherise thanks for the RSL score as you post is the only place in Melb you will find the score.No scores in Sun or Mon papers and the slackers missed last nights 10pm deadline for electronic submission of scores.

I suggest a couple of previous posters should abide by the saying people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones as their clubs were a couple who hadn't filed scores and one still hasn't in the Bluff Rd Cup match while their opponents have.

Barrack and Hiliary ( one for near regulation dud )need to get on the front foot and fine clubs heavily as it is just not good enough to have so many scores missing.

Belated results of the Babylon tipping competition and congratulations to Pdog for a perfect score and the oasis less Bottsy also doing well and I see little brother sneared a couple of wickets under the palm trees.
In the outa please remember to tip all teams this week.Burger why o why did you tip all the away teams but if it is any consolation any new entrants will get your score to start.Adam and Jimmy are you in?

You can now babble on about why you did well or not so well and Merl's 7 has him mid field but a lack of knowledge of Bluff Rd cup teams plus his 2 roughies in longy not getting up didn't help.

1 Pdog 11
2 Bottsy 9
3 UM 8
4 Keajai 8
5 Bonus P 8
6 Brett 8
7 Brudes 8
8 Merl 7
9 In the outa 7
10 Archie 7
11 Jimmy 7
12 Ord Bloke 7
13 Clock 6
14 Burger 3

Round 2 fixture and tippsters are to tip in fixture order or Merl who makes up the rules as he goes will deduct a point from you.

Longy
RD 2
Bri Union v Bent Utg
King Hth v Omega
East Sandy v Mackie
Le Page v Wash Park
West Bent v Elwood

Bluff Rd Cup

Omega v Highett West
Bent Ana v Cluden
Bent Utg v Bri Union
Aspen ERSL v Hampton Utd

Merlot,
You have done a great job, but you have erroneously deducted 2 from my selections. I think you will find I tipped 8 for the round.

Alright boys I'll get the ball rolling with my tips for Round 2. Off on a footy trip to the city of churches this weekend so unless I do my tips now I'll end up forgetting about it. DOn't want to do that now after scoring so well last week. Anyway my tips are:

Longmuir:

Carnegie South
Brighton Union
Kingston Heath
E.S.B.C
Wash Park
West Bentleigh

Woolnough:

Hamp Central
Highett West
Bent ANA
Bent Uniting
Moorabbin West
Assy / Edi RSL

Have a good weekend.....see u when I'm sobre:)

Clock,

Your selections are as below and I only count 7 as I am not paying on a tie as no one picked it,so my apologies a bit like Barrack and Hiliary it wasn't a good start to year for Merl.

Also the silly old man that Merlot is stuffed up my good friend Archie's tips giving him a 7 instead of 8 my humble apologies as you have more than enough on your plate with the princes pier mob.I will semd round a bottle of Horlicks as a goodwill gesture.

Merlot,
Agreed.
Longmuir Shield Round 1 Selections.
Carnegie South 1
Brighton Union 2
Kingston Heath
Bentleigh ANA
Bentleigh Uniting 3
West Bentleigh 4

WOOLNOUGH
Brighton Union
Asp Edy RSL 5
Bentleigh ANA 6
Highett West
Moorabbin West 7
Bentleigh Uniting

Pdog enjoy the trip don't drink too much and it will probably be next weds before you can focus fully on the forum although my recollection of SA beer is not great.

Border what about joining in the Babylon tipping comp?

Adam thanks for the please explain and yes the new website looks good.What about the Tipping are you in?

until next time.......................vino sipping poster............. Merlot

bones89;368898 said:
5 or 6 out of that side will probably play most of the year in woolnough but we also had a few guys in our f grade team last week who are more than capable of playing in woolnough. I'm not saying we will win the flag, may not even make the finals because we r a young but improving side. All i'm saying is that other teams shouldnt roll up 2 play us thinking it's an easy 6 points, which is what happened saturday and that's y it was very satisfying 2 get the result we wanted and deserved

Bones are you stupid pal, can't you think about it for a minute. So what your not rated as you said yourself the opposition rocked up thinking here is a easy 6pts and you gusy surprised them and before they knew it game over the lost 6pts to your mob.
Why would you want to change that perception on your club at this point, if everyone of your opponents disrespected you guys and you played good cricket then you would win more then you loose.
Conversely you can get sides rating you guys and when you play them they are switched on and smash you guys.
Thats how i see it anyway, just win games and the respect will come.

Merlot a good drop;368812 said:

1 Pdog 11
2 Bottsy 9
3 UM 8
4 Keajai 8
5 Bonus P 8
6 Brett 8
7 Brudes 8
8 Merl 7
9 In the outa 7
10 Archie 7
11 Jimmy 7
12 Ord Bloke 7
13 Clock 6
14 Burger 3

Longy
RD 2
Bri Union v Bent Utg
King Hth v Omega
East Sandy v Mackie
Le Page v Wash Park
West Bent v Elwood

Bluff Rd Cup

Omega v Highett West
Bent Ana v Cluden
Bent Utg v Bri Union
Aspen ERSL v Hampton Utd

Bent ANA
Bri Union
Kingston Heath
ESBC
Washington
West Bent

Bri Dist
Omega
Bent ANA
Bent Uniting
Moor West
AspEdi

Missed out last week so ill get in early for round2. Great idea merlot and great response.

Tips highlighted in bold

RD 2
Bri Union v Bent Utg
King Hth v Omega
East Sandy v Mackie
Le Page v Wash Park
West Bent v Elwood

Bluff Rd Cup

Omega v Highett West
Bent Ana v Cluden
Bent Utg v Bri Union
Aspen ERSL v Hampton Utd

brett;368967 said:
Bones are you stupid pal, can't you think about it for a minute. So what your not rated as you said yourself the opposition rocked up thinking here is a easy 6pts and you gusy surprised them and before they knew it game over the lost 6pts to your mob.
Why would you want to change that perception on your club at this point, if everyone of your opponents disrespected you guys and you played good cricket then you would win more then you loose.
Conversely you can get sides rating you guys and when you play them they are switched on and smash you guys.
Thats how i see it anyway, just win games and the respect will come.
brett dont get me wrong, if every team turned up thinkin it will b an easy 6 points, u r correct that would b beneficial 4 our guys. All i was saying was that teams SHOULDNT b thinking that way. Thats not complaining bout lack of respect or being stupid its just a suggestion.

Anyway onto more important matters, people may have heard that paul (pud, jewelsy, that little smartass with glasses at 1st slip) jewell is playing his 300th at the home of cricket thanks 2 kingston heath allowing us 2 have the game at home on sunday. The bar will be open from 12.30 so if you have a spare couple of hours come down 2 support one of the great characters of the comp on his big day. hope 2 c as many people down there as the hill at dendy park can fit on it!!!

Sorry Bones I'll be putrid over in Adelaide. Hope the Districts can bring home the bacon for Jewellsy's sake.

Jimmy Olson;368634 said:
A Saturday night and Sunday morning made difficult by the fact that only 3 scores were received from Longy and 3 from Woolnough by Sunday morning. 20 match scores from senior grades not received by the time we went to air yesterday. This almost caused a missed deadline and a skimpy newspaper article short on information. Still don't know Aspy match score.
When requesting info for season preview from Longmuir/Woolnough Shield clubs received responses only from all Longmuir Clubs (except Mackie), Hampton Central, Highett West & Hampton United. Can only do so much to chase things up and expect it is exactly the same for Cox and co.
Wooly clubs want to be respected and acknowledged but not prepared to do anything to earn it???

Well said Jimmy. If clubs fail to call in the scores they should be fined $100 per team, per grade.That will get clubs thinking twice.How hard is it text the scores through????
Sugar, good work on the Youtube, another masterly presentation. Sounds like the axe may be swung at ANA this week.
I managed to sneak into the umpires room and have on good authority that
these could be the three votes for Saturday....
LONGMUIR PLAYER OF THE YEAR:ROUND 1.
3 VOTES ONLY:
S.JENKINS: ESBC
T.BACKMAN: BENT.UNI.
C.NAIDU:WASH.PARK
S.BELL:HOOPS
S.HOLMES:WEST BENT.
S.HANDLEY:CARN.SOUTH

Hurlingham Park's main ground is about to be completely overhauled. Where are the hooped ones going to play?

Tips for Rnd - 2.

Longy;

Ana
Union
Omega
Sandy
Wallet Park
West Bent

Wooly;

Hampton Central
Highett West