City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 09/10

Jimmy

With the wonders of the internet and my Virgin Blue portable modem stick I was able to pick you up loud and clear in Sin City where I jetted up for the day to see if the Ruddster and Swanster's interest hike had effected Merl's bulging financial portfolio.

I disturbing line was your soft approach to the already serial clubs who do not provide scores.You mentioned Condelezza is still handling the scores but unfortunately no cigar in the Sunday papers which I managed to pick up at Sydney airport.The near relegation dud's two favourites Barrack the new nobel prize winner and Hiliary must stamp their authority on these recalcitrants and imposed substantial fines to aleviate this growing problem.Nice to see your Longmuir wrap made in it to the MJFWS in record time.

You used that J word again but after yesterday which is always a great day when the Gold caps lose you could re name them the jelly nought after their boggy opponent Mackie gave them a rare hiding.I am just mad that I got off both Mackie and Elwood my 2 roughies last week who both saluted this week.

Any way on to the important stuff with Clock recording the first donut with 0 in Longy in the Babylon tipping competition and you know who, moving to equal top of the ladder when good judges say he knows nothing about cricket.

Brudes I am a very generous man allowing your late tips to get you equal top billing while you having a distinct advantage in being able to let the ball do your talking.I don't want any of the funny match fixing business to influnce your tips but I am sure you will pick your own team each week out of loyalty.

Some big upsets which will ensure the BTC will be a keenly fought contest with many ups and downs.

Burger I have decided to give you 2 slots just to see whether your starting point of 3 or 7 will get you to the top of the mountain.Arch and I will give you a few clues to help in your quest to unravel the mystery that is Merlot.

Rd 1 Rd 2
1 Brett 8 7 15
2 Brudes 8 7 15
3 Pdog 11 4 15
4 Archie 8 6 14
5 Quilton 7 7 14
6 Bonus P 8 5 13
7 Burger 2 7 6 13
8 Jimmy 7 6 13
9 Merl 7 6 13
10 Ord Bloke 7 6 13
11 UM 8 5 13
12 Adam 7 5 12
13 Bottsy 9 3 12
14 Keajai 8 4 12
15 Clock 7 3 10
16 In the outa 7 3 10
17 Burger 3 6 9

Apologies the table is a bit rough and in the outa where did you get to in Adelaide with Pdog?,as you got the lowest score of 3 as you failed to tip.If I have dudded anyone just let me know metal arithmetic was never Merl's strongest suit, I will leave that to the fiscal one who I believe has come out of hibernation but obviously did little to get their Bluff Road Cup side a decent score.

A bit of post mortem would be good as the rules allow you to babble on after the event but not before maybe our new equal leader could babble on about his success this week.

Arch

Thanks for being my scribe down at dog park today who kept me up to date with the goings on at the Albie Jewell 300th run fest via sms.Not sure of the final result as Archie had to pick up his daughter from the netball tournament but while he was there he reported that Albie did not go out LBW in his 300th match but did have 2 lives after Trigger nodded off and failed to see the thick edge to the keeper much to Albie's delight as he was never out the other 299 times so to get one back on a BBq was good for him.Albie did have his furniture rearranged by a grey haired bloke who looked older than Merl from all reports.

In another first Alb took the new ball and struck early when he got one to jag off the bat and a sharp chance was gleefully accepted at slip.

Albie congratulations on a great milestone and all at the BCF look forward to your next 300.

until next time.......................your vino sipping poster...................Merlot

Merlot a good drop;369832 said:
Jimmy

With the wonders of the internet and my Virgin Blue portable modem stick I was able to pick you up loud and clear in Sin City where I jetted up for the day to see if the Ruddster and Swanster's interest hike had effected Merl's bulging financial portfolio.

I disturbing line was your soft approach to the already serial clubs who do not provide scores.You mentioned Condelezza is still handling the scores but unfortunately no cigar in the Sunday papers which I managed to pick up at Sydney airport.The near relegation dud's two favourites Barrack the new nobel prize winner and Hiliary must stamp their authority on these recalcitrants and imposed substantial fines to aleviate this growing problem.Nice to see your Longmuir wrap made in it to the MJFWS in record time.

You used that J word again but after yesterday which is always a great day when the Gold caps lose you could re name them the jelly nought after their boggy opponent Mackie gave them a rare hiding.I am just mad that I got off both Mackie and Elwood my 2 roughies last week who both saluted this week.

Any way on to the important stuff with Clock recording the first donut with 0 in Longy in the Babylon tipping competition and you know who, moving to equal top of the ladder when good judges say he knows nothing about cricket.

Good to see 88.3 signal roaming far & wide, money well spent if only to appease the vino sipper. Always prepared to give people a couple of weeks to settle into new systems Merlot, as you would be well aware, typical scenario in a community group or sporting club, 3 individuals usually do everything and likely to be the case with the people who log the scores but perhaps the honeymoon period should not be considered finished.
Amazing that all of Clocks research and statistical analysis has amounted to a big orb in Longy round 2, no doubt he will rebound.
Don't think the J word will make it to the hard copy you get in your letterbox.

Rd 1 Rd 2
1 Brett 8 7 15
2 Brudes 8 7 15
3 Pdog 11 4 15
4 Archie 8 6 14
5 Quilton 7 7 14
6 Bonus P 8 5 13
7 Burger 2 7 6 13
8 Jimmy 7 6 13
9 Merl 7 6 13
10 Ord Bloke 7 6 13
11 UM 8 5 13
12 Adam 7 5 12
13 Bottsy 9 3 12
14 Keajai 8 4 12
15 Clock 7 3 10
16 In the outa 7 3 10
17 Burger 3 6 9

For the record, would have landed 9 on week one but just happy to be in contention after 2 weeks.

Merl, my good man.... The left arm slingers were whisked away to the Gold Coast for some sun & surf with the family to which UM had no internet access. But alas, I'm back and will make sure the tips are in on time for Rd.3.

Looks like it's been a big 2 weeks in cricket. Great to see the forum has created a lot of interest with the season now under way.

Pretty even after a fortnight in the top flight with only 1 side unbeaten after some upsets. Kingston Heath will be happy to see the back of the 1 day format. I'd expect them to be more competitive in the 2 day version.

Brighton District the early surprise so far in Woolnough. No real individual performances in their Rd.1 win. Just solid contributions from the team as a whole - which is all you can ask of any side. AERSL are the early pace setters and the Widdop Cres boys are going about their business with a minimum of fuss. East Sandy languishing at the bottom is a turn up for the books. Pressure is right on them, along with Highett West, Brighton Union and Hampton United to find their first win else they can say goodbye to any finals aspirations.

Cheers thanks for that Jimmy. You also forgot to mention that I suggested that Brighton Districts should prepare for life in C Grade next season...got that one right, probably end up winning it...Sad to say it is looking very bleak for your old club at this point.Hampton Centrals performance was one I will put down 'as one of those days.'...but does not endear too much confidence whilst Asp/Edi march on.Who knows they could become the adopted favourite of a few Longy clubs hoping to avoid relegation.Would have tipped the machine if it had been a 2 dayer.Their one day form for the past few years has been atrocious.Carnegie South need to work on their running between wickets and old dollar park just rolled over when it got a little hard.I think 'grotesque collapse' was a little harsh Jimmy. Curious that CP was playing when a lot of punters were under the impression he got three matches.Alas the Heath are 0-2 with some tough matches ahead.Always got Tiger to look forward to.Now the hit and giggle is over we should see some more consistent results.Union-v-Machine should be a ripper and will tell all and sundry if they are serious this year at the Oasis. Notable mention to the champ....133n.o must have beeb great to watch.Brett is grinning like the cheshire cat and is fired up to win this competition.He will enjoy collecting the 'prize' from the old Merlot with a few choice words.

Hardly grinning boys, just a friendly tipping competition. Great idea Old Merl your best contribution to date pal.
I don't expect to win though as i know nothing about most things especially cricket.:D

I'm feeling like Judas after tipping against the BDCC boys!

We had a 4 out of the 1's & yet the 2's have knocked off a Longy relegated 1st XI. Great win and awesome to c the spread of performance across the 1st 2 games. Now the real games start & for once we haven't given the comp a 2 game start...

Glad u r OK UM!

Pdog r u sure the Heatherton boys didn't go to Warrnambool?

Pud took 2/23 in 8 glorious overs yesterday, he has always said it's a bowlers game and I think that proves it. Soem of the catches taken yesterday were brilliant especially for a team of very very old blokes! KH had a good turnout & again showed they r a great club by making the event happen!

Bones is gonna hate me mentioning this but the CMCA & BDCC has produced another District cricketer with Stacy Brown debuting for Casey on Sat...
Congrats mate, a great achievement!

bonus points must go;369947 said:
I'm feeling like Judas after tipping against the BDCC boys!

We had a 4 out of the 1's & yet the 2's have knocked off a Longy relegated 1st XI. Great win and awesome to c the spread of performance across the 1st 2 games. Now the real games start & for once we haven't given the comp a 2 game start...

Glad u r OK UM!

Pdog r u sure the Heatherton boys didn't go to Warrnambool?

Pud took 2/23 in 8 glorious overs yesterday, he has always said it's a bowlers game and I think that proves it. Soem of the catches taken yesterday were brilliant especially for a team of very very old blokes! KH had a good turnout & again showed they r a great club by making the event happen!

Bones is gonna hate me mentioning this but the CMCA & BDCC has produced another District cricketer with Stacy Brown debuting for Casey on Sat...
Congrats mate, a great achievement!
couldnt agree more sauly, fantastic day yesterday 4 jewelsy and the club, 2 bad the wizards famous 'snake ball' missed the pitch but other than that it was a pearler of a day....that last little paragraph of urs wasn't really called 4 though ;)

Uncle Mick,

Good to see you are alive and well and I am not sure where bones got his info of you being belted up?
How did Dave go?, a quick look at the MJFWS shows no index finger was raised for any LBW's and at least you were spared the multiple excuses for not being out.Is that fellow slinger John Holland who has returned to the ommies in an all rounder capacity.

Jimmy

I will split the difference and give you 8 for round 1 just to prove Merl does make up the rules as he goes!

Also is it automatic that if the scores don't get in the paper Sunday they don't get in Monday either?

Pdog

hope Adelaide and the West End lager went better than your tipping must have been beginners luck the first week.

Bottsy

Nice to see the oasis bott was influential in the demise of the jelly noughts,while your tipping also took a bit of a dive this week!

until next time.................vino sipping poster......................... Merlot

I only saw the last few overs of our match, but I'm told there were some suspect wide calls paid and missed. However, true to form Mr.Carroll spared any batsman hit on the pads.
I did notice a leaner looking "Dutchy" was out there in the field. Not sure if he bowled, but he did get a few runs at the top of the order (maybe 30-32?). As has been the case thus far, catches win matches and we're already at 14-15 dropped for the season. I'm thinking we need hypnotherapy as this has been happening far too consistently for far too long.

Merlot a good drop;370024 said:
Uncle Mick,

Good to see you are alive and well and I am not sure where bones got his info of you being belted up?
How did Dave go?, a quick look at the MJFWS shows no index finger was raised for any LBW's and at least you were spared the multiple excuses for not being out.Is that fellow slinger John Holland who has returned to the ommies in an all rounder capacity.

Jimmy

I will split the difference and give you 8 for round 1 just to prove Merl does make up the rules as he goes!

Also is it automatic that if the scores don't get in the paper Sunday they don't get in Monday either?

Pdog

hope Adelaide and the West End lager went better than your tipping must have been beginners luck the first week.

Bottsy

Nice to see the oasis bott was influential in the demise of the jelly noughts,while your tipping also took a bit of a dive this week!

until next time.................vino sipping poster......................... Merlot

Merl my old mate,
I couldn't stay too long at dog park, but saw trigger in his glory trying to get into the game, well done to jewelsy and all concerned.
I know you are man who mixes with people in high places, so please Merl, can you find out what is going on with the press reports in the Sunday paper.
I'm bitterly disappointed that my favourite read while on the morning throne does not include any scores, and alas, none on Monday as well.
Am i missing something, '' other than the scores '' this is not acceptable to the loyal followers of Baracks cricket association.
My lap top got a working over late on Saturday night while viewing my favourite web sites, got a bit shacky with it during a virtual tour, it had to be put to sleep so there was no access to the scores electronically on Sunday.
I had to rely on the paper media, ************, that was just a dream.
Uncle Mick, don't worry about a few wides or that crap, just get your boys working hard at training to learn how to catch, i've heard that U/12's could do better than your lot, 14 / 15 in 2 games is unacceptable, especially if you have your sights on the finals, '' is that stating the obvious '', :confused:sorry.:confused::rolleyes::eek:

Archie Roach;370162 said:
Merl my old mate,
I couldn't stay too long at dog park, but saw trigger in his glory trying to get into the game, well done to jewelsy and all concerned.
I know you are man who mixes with people in high places, so please Merl, can you find out what is going on with the press reports in the Sunday paper.
I'm bitterly disappointed that my favourite read while on the morning throne does not include any scores, and alas, none on Monday as well.
Am i missing something, '' other than the scores '' this is not acceptable to the loyal followers of Baracks cricket association.
My lap top got a working over late on Saturday night while viewing my favourite web sites, got a bit shacky with it during a virtual tour, it had to be put to sleep so there was no access to the scores electronically on Sunday.
I had to rely on the paper media, ************, that was just a dream.
Uncle Mick, don't worry about a few wides or that crap, just get your boys working hard at training to learn how to catch, i've heard that U/12's could do better than your lot, 14 / 15 in 2 games is unacceptable, especially if you have your sights on the finals, '' is that stating the obvious '', :confused:sorry.:confused::rolleyes::eek:

Merlot, I am happy to go with the 7 on week one.
Archie Roach, simple fact about lack of newspaper scores is simply they are not being delivered to the collater (not me - J.Jonah Jameson stays in on Sat nights to do this stuff) in time for newspaper deadlines. Not a good look submitting 3 scores from each of the top 2 grades as would have been the case for first 2 rounds. Have been hunting down scores on mycricket for info so far this season given my deadline is noon Sunday for the local paper that comes in colour, have a little more leeway for the one you get in East Bentleigh. Need to start pointing fingers at the source, not Condaleesa!!
Clocker, from memory CP got 3 and these were served in 2 finals last year plus round 1 (I think that's right anyway). Washington's collapse must indeed have been grotesque (extremely ugly) as they were 1/94 after 18 and cruising. Am hoping that Belly & Dicko can carry my old mob for a year or two and then re-group with some of the youngsters coming through as whilst the club has good numbers, they are pretty light on for quality players.
As well as Albie, Chris Manakis reached 300 on Saturday. One of the best in the comp over a long period of time.

Uncle Mick,Archie,Jimmy,Adam,

Nice to hear from you all as the old BCF is really ticking at the moment and not a demerit point in sight.

Jimmy stop giving me the you know who party line,the score problem needs to be fixed and fixed fast.

Dropped into the German supermarket today and picked up a cheap bottle of Merlot which will be used as the trophy for the Babylon Tipping contest which Jimmy I am hoping can be presented on your radio show at the end of the year.

Adam and Burger

I have downloaded 2 brand new Longy and Bluff Rd cup fixtures off the MJFWS so we all should now be on the same page.It just makes it easier for old Merl if they are in the same order for my spreadsheet.

Longy
RD 3
Omega v East Sandy
Bent Ana v West Bent
Bent Utg v King Hth
Elwood v Le Page
Wash Park v Carnegie South
Mackie v Bri Union

Bluff Rd Cup

Hamp Cent v Aspen ERSL
East Sandy v Omega
Bri Union v Moorabbin West
Highett West v Bent Utg
Hampton Utd v Bent Ana
Cluden v Brighton Dist

Good luck and I hope Pdog has returned and in the outa has also been found so he can resume his tipping.

Brudes get them in on time or be penalised.Midnight Friday night get your priorities right!!

Burger

A couple of hints

A short stocky bowler with mixed success over the years.
Had Premiership success in a couple of grades.

until next time.................vino sipping poster.................... Merlot

Winners highlighted in bold.

Longy
RD 3
Omega v East Sandy
Bent Ana v West Bent
Bent Utg v King Hth
Elwood v Le Page
Mackie v Bri Union

Bluff Rd Cup

Hamp Cent v Aspen ERSL
East Sandy v Omega
Highett West v Bent Utg
Hampton Utd v Bent Ana
Cluden v Brighton Dist

Longy
RD 3
East Sandringham
West Bentleigh
Bent Utg
Le Page
Wash Park
Bri Union

Bluff Rd Cup

Hamp Cent
Omega
Moorabbin West
Bent Utg
Bent Ana
Brighton Dist

Looking at the CMCA website it's fantastic that Jimmy Olson can get his Wrap from the Longmuir games up nice and promptly yet the Woolnough scribe seems to be dragging his feet

Merlot a good drop;370291 said:
Uncle Mick,Archie,Jimmy,Adam,

Nice to hear from you all as the old BCF is really ticking at the moment and not a demerit point in sight.

Jimmy stop giving me the you know who party line,the score problem needs to be fixed and fixed fast.

Dropped into the German supermarket today and picked up a cheap bottle of Merlot which will be used as the trophy for the Babylon Tipping contest which Jimmy I am hoping can be presented on your radio show at the end of the year.

Adam and Burger

I have downloaded 2 brand new Longy and Bluff Rd cup fixtures off the MJFWS so we all should now be on the same page.It just makes it easier for old Merl if they are in the same order for my spreadsheet.

Longy
RD 3
Omega v East Sandy
Bent Ana v West Bent
Bent Utg v King Hth
Elwood v Le Page
Mackie v Bri Union

Bluff Rd Cup

Hamp Cent v Aspen ERSL
East Sandy v Omega
Highett West v Bent Utg
Hampton Utd v Bent Ana
Cluden v Brighton Dist

Good luck and I hope Pdog has returned and in the outa has also been found so he can resume his tipping.

Brudes get them in on time or be penalised.Midnight Friday night get your priorities right!!

Burger

A couple of hints

A short stocky bowler with mixed success over the years.
Had Premiership success in a couple of grades.

until next time.................vino sipping poster.................... Merlot

Merl, can't wait to get my lips around that bottle of Horlicks, it will no doubt be top shelf variety like the other nights drop.
Jimmy, the fence sitting is getting boring, we are simply stating facts that the results and press reports need some major attention.
You can gloss it anyway you like, lets hope come round 3, she'll be right mate.
Major fines to all clubs who are not getting the results to the responsible person by deadline, you could then use the money wisely, perhaps some remuneration to some people to help pay for extra admin duties, or put it back into junior rep sides etc etc, etc.
I think i'll consider my residential status with Merl, if it means that i need to get to Bayside to see a coloured copy of the local paper with the scores.
Tips will come later on in the week after i study the teams training sessions on Thursday night.
Brett, looks like the muppets may miss out again this week, '' CMCA cricket's the winner ''.:rolleyes::confused::eek:

Brett, looks like the muppets may miss out again this week, '' CMCA cricket's the winner ''.

Archie you could well be right mate, not looking good for us at Ben Kavanagh reserve which means our opponents english import Paul Franks who has played for England will arrive in time for a One Day game next week making our job alot harder.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back