City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 09/10

DiamondDuck;375573 said:
little bit of goss for you boys..

Graeme Finn's coaching position at Elwood was terminated last week.

Technical issues aside, this was revealed on Southern FM yesterday.

Techinal issues aside,

Had trouble with my internet and would have had this information to you on thursday.

Anywho, chances are people would know but it hasn't been posted yet, so the post is for those that weren't listening to Southern FM yesterday.

DiamondDuck;375592 said:
Techinal issues aside,

Had trouble with my internet and would have had this information to you on thursday.

Anywho, chances are people would know but it hasn't been posted yet, so the post is for those that weren't listening to Southern FM yesterday.

Doesn't matter who/when revealed... the news itself is pretty interesting.

Very interesting news, do you know what were the reasons behind the sacking Duck?(i suppose it could be called that)

Secondly good work Sug keeping the listeners up too date on Southern FM but im all honesty i doubt the listening base would peak into double figures some Sundays.....

Was offering very little in the way of techinal advice..
Wasn't gelling with the playing group or the club..
Didn't have enough input into training and struggled to get involved.

It was a new direction for Elwood that didn't work out, you live you learn..

Would have been better off securing 1 or 2 players rather than a non playing coach.

never never never................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................um, never!
spell check this

Well,Well, Well,

Another Finn brither has left a crowded house ( cricket club ) after a brief gig there.

Did Elwood check with ANA after a similiar departure last season ?

Archie,

How are you implicated in all this business with the crowded house brother.

Ontherise

Southern FM has many listeners and would be in triple not double figures particularly when there are no scores in the Sunday papers.

Uncle Mick,

You must be proud of me today no Dolly, no gaf, no comment

until next time.......... vino sipping poster...... Merlot

Merlot a good drop;375642 said:
Well,Well, Well,

Another Finn brither has left a crowded house ( cricket club ) after a brief gig there.

Did Elwood check with ANA after a similiar departure last season ?

Archie,

How are you implicated in all this business with the crowded house brother.

Ontherise

Southern FM has many listeners and would be in triple not double figures particularly when there are no scores in the Sunday papers.
Uncle Mick,

You must be proud of me today no Dolly, no gaf, no comment

until next time.......... vino sipping poster...... Merlot

Hi Merl, my long lost love,
I've been away on business as some of my recruits did in fact end up in Tassie after they jumped on the ferry by mistake.
Only 2 in the country at the moment due to goverment procrastination, however, the new boy at the George looks the goods and will shake a few up after he settles in, can play.
If you read my early season report on my Longy predictions, i did suggest that shark fin may be in trouble by xmas, he's exceeded my predictions, GONE by mid November.
All my other predictions are starting to come together, however, its a long and dry season and only the strongest will survive.
The pressure is off for relegation already, the boys from the golf course have it sewn up.
Unfortunately though, the standard of Wooly is not getting any better either, therefore maybe we should be considering a 10 team comp in the top grade.
I'll catch up with later for a Hot Toddie.:cool::eek::confused:

Merl,

For the record, it's Usain Bolt, but I'm sure all the forumites knew what you were on about.
I'm curious to know if you will be penalised for falling victim to your own lofty standards after failing to give our game a post mortem in your weekend review. -1 point suspended sentence perhaps? Or shall we wait for chairman Phil's verdict on the next episode of the ANA cricket show?

Catches win matches and ANA might rue their efforts on the weekend unless they bat extremely well to chase down 326. Any side with Chubs should be able to defend that score though. The supposed Jellynoughts keep chugging along thanks to 50’s from the old reliables Dallas, Duddy & Bennett. Mackie and Union will be pretty confident of claiming 6 points as will The New Wallet Park - though it’s good to see the golf club looking competitive after a recent visit from Tiger. Carnegie South and Omega look evenly poised, but the speed of the greens at the moment should tip the game slightly in the Ommies favour.

Woolnough Shield had Bentleigh Uniting, Moorabbin West & Hampton Central all probably go par for the course. Uniting will be a little concerned after having 262 chased down against them on a similar size ground recently. East Sandy may rue dropping Crazy Maysie on about 10 & 50 before finally getting him on 95. After ageing gracefully for another year last week, Bottsy was left stranded chasing a half century. His only over of the day was a forgettable one by the look of it. Districts will be some chance with Worker out and the Dendy Park ground playing fast. AERSL will find it tough to defend 171 in these conditions, but have proven they’re capable. And at 5/55 Merl’s love in lot have the job ahead of them. A week to think about it should be enough to make sure they use the 65 overs available to secure 6 points. Interesting to see Omega were also 5/55 before consolidating and later losing 5/11.
And in our game United failed to capitalise on the extraordinary work of their 2 openers. In my time I’ve never seen so many mis-hits and plays & misses from an opening pair. To be fair to the kid that got 72 he played some quality pull shots, but for the most part looked out of his depth up the order. The other youngster (a former HWCC junior) was tempting fate all afternoon til he finally nicked one on 54. With Bell & Dixon out cheaply, there wasn’t much thereafter and you could see how they were bundled out twice the week before.

Arch,

Nice to hear from you I thought you and Blairy had run away together.

I hope none of the boaties got picked up by Tassie clubsand went to the wrong club like your WA recruit did earlier in the year!

Uncle Mick,

My apologies for leaving your beloved Highett West out of the PM it was just an oversight.It was never my intention for all forumsters to do every game I was just trying to get a bit of feedback from quite a few slackers.Still no tunes from Louis and I think your mob can get up against the purple & golds if your big guns fire but with the state of the grounds you just need someone to stick around and push and nudge and the runs will come.The weather maybe a factor.
Good luck for tomorrow night and if you see the politican tell him to get the scores on the BCF but I will check on the HW site anyway.

until next time........ vino sipping poster...... Merlot

Results from last night's T20 matches:

Cluden 6/137 off 19 overs (John Bennett 70*) def Highett West 10/133 (John Bennett 5/6)
Fair to say Beany turned back the clock last night with some awesome striking of the ball.
Brighton Union 7/94 def Elsternwick 7/93 off 20 overs

Ladder:
Brighton Union 8pts 1.40pc
Elsternwick 4pts 1.23 pc
Cluden 4pts 1.06pc
Highett West 0pts 0.57pc

Final Round - 2 December

Highett West v. Elsternwick @ Highett West
Brighton Union v Cluden @ Hurlingham

Good to see two former CMCA players (Stacey Brown & Tim Dale)opened the bowling last night for Casey in the the T20 competiton, and took 5/40 between them to rout the reigning premiers Ringwood for 72.:)

CLOCKER;376083 said:
Good to see two former CMCA players (Stacey Brown & Tim Dale)opened the bowling last night for Casey in the the T20 competiton, and took 5/40 between them to rout the reigning premiers Ringwood for 72.:)

Meanwhile the Washington Park 7ths were routed for 74 against their nemesis St.Kilda.Good to see the Wash Ups support their team by organizing a bus to go and watch them.That is commitment.:D

CLOCKER;376084 said:
Meanwhile the Washington Park 7ths were routed for 74 against their nemesis St.Kilda.Good to see the Wash Ups support their team by organizing a bus to go and watch them.That is commitment.:D
hey clocker can you bat or bowl or you just a nuffy

Uncle Mick;376082 said:
Results from last night's T20 matches:

Cluden 6/137 off 19 overs (John Bennett 70*) def Highett West 10/133 (John Bennett 5/6)
Fair to say Beany turned back the clock last night with some awesome striking of the ball.
Brighton Union 7/94 def Elsternwick 7/93 off 20 overs

Ladder:
Brighton Union 8pts 1.40pc
Elsternwick 4pts 1.23 pc
Cluden 4pts 1.06pc
Highett West 0pts 0.57pc

Final Round - 2 December

Highett West v. Elsternwick @ Highett West
Brighton Union v Cluden @ Hurlingham

uncle mick got chopped up by beany again

ladyboy;376260 said:
hey does anyone know how these softees cluden went in 20/20

see above egg.

Think big daddy john bennett - the biggeat softy of all :eek::eek::eek: - may have saved the day for the brighton bogans.

ladyboy;376264 said:
uncle mick got chopped up by beany again

yes i hear that is true !! and the soft cluden are just looking the good's in all forms of the game ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back