City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 09/10

Wouldn't lower your standards, Clocker. Seems someone has stolen a computer and found out how to use the internet.

The CMCA wishes to congratulate David Wingfield for achieving the magnificent milestone of 500 CMCA games earlier this season.

Well done David.Magnificent effort.If we only knew we could have arranged for Ladyboy to show up with his fellow cheer leaders and their pom poms.:D

CLOCKER;376343 said:
The CMCA wishes to congratulate David Wingfield for achieving the magnificent milestone of 500 CMCA games earlier this season.

Well done David.Magnificent effort.If we only knew we could have arranged for Ladyboy to show up with his fellow cheer leaders and their pom poms.:D

Not much of a player but an extremely loyal clubman, congratulations winger.

Ladyboy, you will be banned very quickly. There have been hundreds before you that appear to be new posters jumping on here and hurling abuse. All it does is completely lower the quality of the thread. Go back to Trannysylvania and return when you have a) learnt the rules sweetheart and b) decided upon your sexuality.

i will be watching you play hope you perform how's your star team going how many games have you won

Sug,

If your going to write the "weekly wrap" can you please take off your blinkers before you put pen to paper!!

seen you do it a few times over the years, & I think every headline has led with ANA this or ANA so close etc. etc.!!

We get it, you love your club & thats great.. but if your doing the job correctly it should be from an unbiased view, I will keep an eye on next weeks ramblings to see if take the tip..

Anyways onto my PM for our vino posting anonymous friend..

Most results (in both grades) were par for the course, maybe Cluden scrapping home against the Meggies in walnut a slight suprise to hand Cal & co their first loss, Cludenites are looking the goods so far, big 12 point game this week Vs Centrals...

Some great individual starts to the season across various grades..Just noticed some names keep bobbing up.. will leave Clock to give us the detailed stats on these guys..

Roids, LD, Byrne-Murray, Tonkin, Britt, Squeak keep it up!!

& special mention to a new member at centrals in the lower grades G.Croft... 4 games for the club 2 big tons, 40* & a duck & apparently he's a bowler he tells me???.. Might see him up the grade shortly????

Burger,

Well done with your post mortem on anything from 1 to 12 games with -5 point penalty for any recalcitrants who fail to give us something.

Louis Armstrong,Tiger Woods,the child whatever we want to call him has come up with no PM's yet but still keeps scoring heavily, but Uncle Mick is chasing him down and Arch has replaced his mate Merl in the top four.

Merl's PM before the ladder is as follows:

Slim and his mate just snuck past the ants,Sugar's mob and the Lakers put up a great match with father time grabbing 6 of the best to snuff ana out,B's mob the current premiership favourites left old wallet park pennyless,while the big improvers from the highway had a bit of batting practice against the beach boys, and the millionaires only had 2 batsman score any runs with the glamour boy failing to reach double figures,as they provided the Golf club with another Bogey round.

In the BRC

Uncle Mick's mob had a good win over the rudderless purple and golds,the oasis less bott's mob were far too good for the Saul less tips mob,while the Burger less two blues teased the jelly twos into thinking they might notch a long awaited win,but no cigar,while the enigma that is the inconsistent ANA led by the bloodied vetran Cedric Jansz proved that the laker bowlers have about as much penetration as the Melb Tigers basketball team.In the match of the round Merl's love child team Cluden continued on their merry way without Merl selecting them, when young Josh Bennett out lasted the gallant efforts of Steve Cruwys,while the BRC September champions RSL provided Union with an overdue win.

Some big games to come in the next round and my apologies to Pdog who is the equal leader with louis or Tiger or whatever you wish to call him, but he will need to fix his recalcitrant ways as he must give a PM or 5 points are going south.

The ladder and next round is as follows:

2009 Babylon Tipping Contest
Rd 1 Rd 2 Rd 3 Rd 4 Rd 5
1 Brett 8 7 7 11 10 43
2 Pdog 11 4 7 10 11 43
3 UM 8 5 6 10 10 39
4 Archie 8 6 5 8 11 38

5 Merl 7 6 6 10 8 37
6 Ord Bloke 7 6 6 11 7 37
7 Jimmy 7 6 6 6 11 36
8 Keajai 8 4 7 9 8 36
9 Quilton 7 7 4 7 11 36
10 Sugar 7 5 5 9 9 35
11 Bonus P 8 5 7 7 7 34
12 Burger 2 7 6 4 8 9 34
13 Brudes 8 7 5 5 8 33
14 Bottsy 9 4 3 8 9 33
15 Clock 7 3 4 8 9 31
16 Burger 3 6 4 8 9 30

Longy
RD 6
Bent Ana v Wash Park
East Sandy v King Hth
Elwood v Bent Utg
Mackie v Omega
West Bent v Bri Union
Carnegie South v Le Page

Bluff Rd Cup

Brighton Dist v Bent Ana
Omega v Moorabbin West
Hamp Cent v Cluden
Bent Utg v Aspen ERSL
Bri Union v Hampton Utd
Highett West v East Sandy

I look forward to reading all the PM's as without them don't bother putting in your tips as I did warn you I will make up the rules as I go.

until next time............... vino sipping poster...... Merlot

Old Merl as Jessica Mauboy just sang "let me be" :D

Brilliant game between Adam's lads and my old side, How good is Simon Surridge.......he is undoubtedly one of the Leagues greatest bowlers.
Good to see Matty Patrick amongst it again in Longmuir, appears to finally put those injuries behind him. Wash ups are battling with depth are they playing alot of kids atm. D.Casey over his stint during racing carnival to notch a ton to help his side get up but Pothitos battling along a little expect him to post some big scores soon.
S.May brilliant 95 & 5 fa but is this expected of him in Woolnough. Steve Harris with 5fa ha ha lol i might take some credit for this.........
Matt Tonking spending to much time on the dance floor at the 'playhouse' then in the middle batting :)

That's all i have to offer Merl, will this keep the Crows at bay for another week:D

Louis/Tiger

It seems I sparked you into action.

Not a bad effort but you still didn't reveal your ladder leading selection technique's that you promised.

until next time............ vino sipping poster......... Merlot

Merlot a good drop;376742 said:
Louis/Tiger

It seems I sparked you into action.

Not a bad effort but you still didn't reveal your ladder leading selection technique's that you promised.

until next time............ vino sipping poster......... Merlot

Merl to be honest i can't remember my tips and the reason why from 2 weeks ago. Hence the reason why i wanted to add my reasons why with my selections.
What i do remember is Ommies are a good bet at home if in doubt, unless they are playing one of the top dogs. Don't tip against Esbc for obvious reasons, Hone ground advantage does not come into play alot with Uniting this year as they are at Bailey.

These are a few reasons........

A brave chase by ANA fell short, however they will rue the dropped catches, and some poor bowling which allowed Uniting to amass 326. They will definitely look back at this game as the match that cost them a finals spot.

Washington Park conceded an amazing 38 extras in their bowling stint against Mackie, and at 8/76 the match was over, despite some late heroics. Unfortunately they still only batted 42 overs.It is easy to blame playing kids, but they do have a wealth of experience in the team and it is time some of these players stood up and took some responsibility.They have lost 50/531 in their past four innings, with Naidu still managing to average 37. Whilst Mackie delivered another workmanlike performance, they again demonstrated an alarming trait by failing to bat out their overs.They cannot do this if they expect to win finals matches.

Kingston Heath finally stood up and made a competitive score but could not get the wickets required. It is a shame that Kingston and Washington met in Round 1, as a meeting now would certainly be an interesting encounter. Whilst Kingston appear to have the bottom spot sewn up, Washington will be looking over their shoulder as they are vulnerable. Carnegie South posted a competitive 227, and managed to grab a couple of early wickets, but were nowhere to be seen after that.Another season of just surviving for the Spiders, so they can just use the rest of the year to try some kids for next season.

The juggernaut continues to march on, batting out their overs and showing how it is done. The Hoops dismissed a listless and coachless Elwood for 133 of 63 overs.What an exciting day's cricket!. The Hoops as expected passed the score easily but I am waiting to see them chase down a reasonable score ie 250+ against a reasonable attack before I become too excited about them.

In Woolnough another big score recorded by the West Stars without the services of their calendar boy for the second match running;despite an early hiccup.Confidence is running very high and there could be some serious competition for positions come finals time.Centrals are now falling away and will fight out the bottom few spots. Good for all concerned.Hampton United bounced back and made a respectable 203 but should have been more. The strong Highett West batting line up chased down the score without too much trouble. An intriguing game at Cluden with a nail biting one wicket win, and just keep getting the job done.Omega getting their mid season wobbles? Matty Tonkin will be fuming with his players.Seven batsmen got starts and failed to go on with it. East Sandy sitting winless at the bottom of the ladder is something you do not see too often, but there it is. Talk of the dreaded 'R' word will be deferred for another match. Finally ANA pinched a nail biting win against Uniting in what was a 12 point match for Uniting.Second time that they have failed to defend a sizeable score.It could just about be all over for Uniting this season.:rolleyes:

Round 6 selctions :D
Longmuir
Bentleigh ANA
East Sandringham
Bentleigh Uniting
Mackie
Brighton Union
Carnegie South

Woolnough
Bentleigh ANA
Moorabbin West
Hampton Central
Bentleigh Uniting
Brighton Union
Highett West

Burger,

You make a valid point, and I will try to balance it out a bit next week... however everyone's talking about Surridge's effort to combat an impressive run chase by ANA.

Worth the headline in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back