City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 09/10

Thanks. It was a good effort by the boys. We now need to show the same determination and aptitude against ANA.

All the best Leroy. I have a sneaking suspicion you might be drinking winners booze next Saturday afternoon.

What do we make of the old wallet park as almost certs to drop back for season 10/11?

Uncle Mick;388633 said:
All the best Leroy. I have a sneaking suspicion you might be drinking winners booze next Saturday afternoon.

What do we make of the old wallet park as almost certs to drop back for season 10/11?

Yep all the best Leroy this week, i think you guys should beat ANA.

As for wallet park....if it's true they've poached players to avoid relegation, well let's hope East Sandy flog them this week. Karma!

Uncle Mick;388633 said:

They will do all they can to try and avoid the drop but two or three games too late.There have been rumblings down at shark park for quite some time and a few unhappy players.The Oasis picked up one of their up and coming bowlers just after the season started, and interesting that Chris Delutis jumped ship and is now playing at Elwood, whilst Mr Donati never got to the starting gates.A lot of work to do down there, and I suspect a few vacancies to fill come the end of the season.

CLOCKER;388648 said:
The Oasis picked up one of their up and coming bowlers just after the season started.

Which player did they pick up?

The only player I am aware of leaving Washington Park at the start of the season has played 7 games for a total of 5 wickets. He also had not played since Nov 2008 for WP.

Regarding them acquiring 2 recruits (whom had little effect against Uniting) they probably needed to after loss of their 2nd Highest Run scorer and Skipper.

Anyway playing ESBCC this week it appears unlikely that much can be saved at this stage.

Will be interesting however if another, less talked about, late season recruit has a say in the result of the Kingston Heath game

Thanks Mick and Steve for the good wishes.
Who is the late season recruit who may influence the result of our game?

Hi all,

The ANA Cricket Show has been set up, assessing Round 10, and previewing the final Home & Away Round of the season... you can view it via the Home Page of Welcome to the Bentleigh ANA Website

Yes a few eyes will be on the ANA v Heath game this round, as it may have a bearing on promotion/relegation. The Heath are certainly in better form than our boys, so we are hoping that we can produce some form that warrants us to celebrate our 80th Anniversary dinner on Saturday night.

Having said this, it doesn't matter who Washups recruit for the final round, as East Sandy would surely be confident after taking West Bentleigh from 3/139 to all out for 148.

Ommies v Uniting in the final round will be the most interesting game of the round, with Omega needing a win to secure a finals spot. They keep on silencing the critics... can they do it one more time??

Sugar;388820 said:
Hi all,

Ommies v Uniting in the final round will be the most interesting game of the round, with Omega needing a win to secure a finals spot. They keep on silencing the critics... can they do it one more time??

Win or lose they've certainly answered the anti-"Ommies to remain in the top grade" critics and justified the CMCA's decision before last season. 4 sides in the top 5 grades with 3 of those playing for a spot in the finals this round is a significant achievement.

Care to elaborate on the late season recruit for the Heath/ANA clash, keajai?

Uncle Mick;388824 said:

He has played in the past two games for ANA after coming back from a district club and appeared to slip under the radar a fraction. Had a look at him first hand at the T20 and he looked quite handy. He is the main man in this clash.

Both WP and KH could end up safe at the end of Round 11. If Carnegie South lose to West Bentleigh (likely), Heath knock off ANA (50/50) and WP somehow scrape past East Sandy (extremely unlikely). Carnegie finish stone motherless last.

Given % and opposition, I think Heath are safe regardless of results

The late mail on one of the WP recruit's is that he can seriously play, apparently was impressive before running himself out on saturday. Rumour is he is returning from a LT injury and has been involved with the Club as a coach in the past

Uncle Mick;388824 said:
Win or lose they've certainly answered the anti-"Ommies to remain in the top grade" critics and justified the CMCA's decision before last season. 4 sides in the top 5 grades with 3 of those playing for a spot in the finals this round is a significant achievement.

Cheers Mick, and although Clocker would lead you to believe that we're full of arrogance, we know that the job is well and truly ahead of us and don't want to let an opportunity like this slip.

A couple of other things came out from the weekends matches. Firstly good to see the consistency by the BBQ mob flowing throughout the comp. If someone had said at the start of the season that 'Dutchy' Holland and Leon McGaw would be suspended for dissent, I would've laughed at them.
There's an investigation into our 4's clash against Mackie. Allegedly Mackie used a couple of subs the 2nd week of the game whilst they were batting. The two umpires were approached (one being Robbo) by our captain, informing them of what had happened. We should know more soon, but if it's upheld then our 4's will have cemented a spot in the four.

Just a quick plug for our Texas Hold'Em Poker night down at the brick this Saturday night. $50 entry with a guaranteed first prize of $1,000.
Starts at 7.30pm with finger food and drinks at bar prices. Raffles and other games throughout the night. A few of the boys from other clubs have committed, so it would be great if we can get a few more of the BCF lads down there.

keajai;388843 said:
He has played in the past two games for ANA after coming back from a district club and appeared to slip under the radar a fraction. Had a look at him first hand at the T20 and he looked quite handy. He is the main man in this clash.

Both WP and KH could end up safe at the end of Round 11. If Carnegie South lose to West Bentleigh (likely), Heath knock off ANA (50/50) and WP somehow scrape past East Sandy (extremely unlikely). Carnegie finish stone motherless last.

Given % and opposition, I think Heath are safe regardless of results

The late mail on one of the WP recruit's is that he can seriously play, apparently was impressive before running himself out on saturday. Rumour is he is returning from a LT injury and has been involved with the Club as a coach in the past

If you're talking about Bill Biggs, then I'd venture to say he hasn't slipped under the radar. It's been discussed both on here and on the radio show. Hard to miss when he's made a couple of 40's already.

A quick look at mycricket will tell you Berriman played state level U/19 cricket for Victoria and averaged 40 for Melb Uni a few seasons back before falling off the mycricket radar until this season. Quite clearly a handy addition.

Does anyone know the result of last night's tribunal hearing? My spies tell me Barack was out for some millionaire blood after one of the BBQ mob decided to cease employment as a result of incidents involving players & spectators on the weekend.

Mick,
Please elaborate as Merlot has applied for a Freedom of Information application which should take about 6 months.

Geez OB putting words into my mouth again.You are quite correct in that you do have the work ahead of yourselves.If I recall correctly Uniting had you 7/79 at the corresponding game last season, and only their inept fielding and a brilliant 111 n.o from your skipper got you to 201.Uniting look forward to these encounters against the cocky Ommies.There are a lot of of field friendships within both teams which will count for naught once they cross the line.There would be nothing more pleasing for Uniting to end your season,so this will be game on.With respect to your 4ths, I assume that your skipper ensured that at the end of day 1 he had their team in the book? I also noticed that their team is actually the same one named on their web site.Granted this good have been changed but it sounds like sour grapes.I hope you are not accusing a former humble Ommie of doing the wrong thing??? The match of the round in Woolnough promises to be an absolute beauty.My pre season favorites have awoken from their hibernation and now have a real chance of making the finals and inflicting a devastating loss for the Ommies.

Keajal,
Yes he can certainly bat. His footwork and technique is quite impressive and shows what a gap exists between our humble competition and the higher level.The Judge has been out of the runs for a while so he is due for a big score. Interesting to hear his analysis of the last game on their web show. Reading between the lines he does not rate the Oasis nor does he have any love for their pitch or perhaps the self centric behavior of one of their bowlers.Unfortunately when you make 86 it is pretty hard to sound anything but bitter and twisted. A few years ago a meeting between Manning & Manning and Sugar would have been interesting just too listen to the full and frank exchanges about a range of issues.Genetics and anatomical features would have been some of the topics, no doubt. Nowadays Sugar walks around with his cardigan, slippers and pipe and acts more like a loving grandfather with caring advice rather than a fiery combatant.Leroy has found his mojo and cannot wait to get out there and make some more runs and chip with a couple of wickets.With ANA's 80th year celebration on Saturday night I would not be surprised if a big crowd showed up to the game so it could become interesting towards the end of the day.Speaking of which my spies tell me that Mr Vorbach disappeared for a few days, trawling through his vault buried deep beneath his property. He managed to retrieve some interesting paraphernalia for the big night.Rumor has it his first dollar is in the vault with the appropriate aluminum insulation and 240 volt current surrounding it, in case any one dares try to enter. You have to love Peter Garrett, his music, not his ministerial abilities.

There is no doubt that Shark Park will be a cauldron this week. A players reunion, along with a fair amount of the amber fluid flowing will ensure that the Juggernaut will experience a finals atmosphere. I suspect a few words may be exchanged during the course of the day as some of the previous Shark players recall the hidings they received against the Juggernaut.Rumors abound of surprise selections,mysterious payments so a fired up Washington will give it everything,or we hope so.It should be a good day. I am reliably told hypnosis is the latest technique being used at Lords Reserve.The coach is trying to convince his players that triple figures is a good thing when you are batting, and that their aim is not to bore the hell out of everyone watching the game.I think they have been around those pensioners who live at the back of their ground too long.The Cowboys will be in no mood for pleasantries this week and they will be filthy at their last effort.Too quote the great Peter O'toole (who does not mind bending the elbow) ...'No prisoners...no prisoners'.

Mackie will be looking to bat first against Elwood and post a big score just before their finals campaign begins.Their team is far from finalized and there will be a few players who need to make an impact otherwise they could be spectators come finals time.No doubt the lads from the Oasis will be relieved not to have to play a cut throat match on the last game of the season as they have had to for the past few years.They are travelling nicely and whilst the Judge has been quick to write off Elwood; you do so at your own peril.Elwood has only lost one game at the beach this season and that was to the Juggernaut, and the Oasis has not beaten them in four seasons, so they will have to be on their guard.

The Hoops have a danger game on their hands against the feisty Panthers who once again find themselves reflecting on what might have been.They have demonstrated that they can take it up to some of the higher placed teams but have found ways to lose a couple of matches. Mathematically the Hoops are still vulnerable especially if the Cowboys manage to beat the Spiders outright and the cocky Ommies win.The Judge has a sneaking admiration for the Hoops and deep down he probably believes that they will do the job when they time arises in the finals.I will have to agree to disagree with his honor and the loss of CP is now coming back to haunt them as he was the one who thrived on the pressure situations and allowed the other batsmen to flourish.I suspect the elderly statesman Mr Gerdan may struggle to get up this week with his dodgy hamstring.Any chance that the Champ may make a belated return batting at 7? Just a suggestion.

Good luck to all on the weekend.

CLOCKER;388979 said:
A few years ago a meeting between Manning & Manning and Sugar would have been interesting just too listen to the full and frank exchanges about a range of issues.Genetics and anatomical features would have been some of the topics, no doubt. Nowadays Sugar walks around with his cardigan, slippers and pipe and acts more like a loving grandfather with caring advice rather than a fiery combatant.

Haha, thanks Clocker. In the past my strategy would be to simply wind up my partner in crime Adam Stone, and let him do the front line work. Having said this, I didn't realise my reputation had mellowed THAT much. Maybe this is why we're not performing too well... I may need to up the ante on the weekend. ;)

Kingston Heath are the worst club in the cmca. They should do us all a favour and head back to wolly. There president Al Manning is a fat old prick and has bred one of his own with his stupid arrogant son who has a big mouth for someone who has done nothing. His dad needs to let go and stop sticking up for his prick of a son.

CB,
A rebuttal to your childish and slanderous comments.
1. They are not the worst team according to the ladder.
2. Obviously you have issues with Manning & Manning and you expressed them in a manner befitting a Neanderthal.
3.At least Al gets involved and contributes to junior sport unlike you who sits behind a keyboard sprouting your crap and blaming the world.
4.Please head back to sub district boards and bag someone else although I suspect you will be taking a holiday once the moderator gets his hands on you.
5.Didn't your daddy love you? Didn't he give you the time and affection you so craved? Are you so jealous of others instead of worrying about your own pathetic life?

Evening All,

Where does one start ?

Testing the memory but had a listen to the ANa youtube show a night or two back and the soft serve judge has again failed to mention the tribunal who I will talk more about later.The judge did give the oasis pitch a good hammering and then declared the royal boys won the second day.Judge my friend the points were decided on the first day!!

Anyone who can find me can have 25/1 to on old Wallet Park getting up against the jellies.They could start now and still not win.Bertie the Bag man would probably give you even better odds.

Clocker

No need for FOI and merl doesn't need 6 months to uncover the facts as you will see later.You seem to have a deep knowledge of all things ANA and appear to have been on the spot for several scoops of late!!

Golf,

Do we now refer to Keajai as Steve?Have unmasked another?

To my Personal Message,

I won't replied or brag to my small band of followers the contents of your message!!

Keajai,

Please spend a little time on my cricket no doubt a favourite source of a lot of clocker's great statistical work.Biggs was a 3's and 4's player at St.Kilda who was originally an ANA boy and has also coached some of their junior sides.A handy bat and known to bowl a bit in a previous life but with due respect not a superstar.Not even he could overcome the perils of the judge's maligned oasis pitch!!!

Uncle Mick,

Spot on as usual my good friend ( BCF wise not personally for all those who have enquired of recent times ) A top ranking BBQ / aqua blue whatever we are labelling them these days has vowed not to return to millionaires row after the cowboys minus the pink hat played up so to speak.

The subsequent hearing was chaired by no other than Barrack himself,a spider money man and a new caddy with a long history associated with the CMCA with 2 clubs one who is longer with us.

A fine of 1/2 a $K and some more was suspended was delivered by the Congress appointed committee.It seems that the cowboys and the jelliesjust produce a volitile coctail when the sky blue and gold caps get together.

Vinnie's

4th's were delivered a raw deal by the same said committee where Barrack has shown a clear error of judgement and the laws of cricket by hiiting the oasis mob with a wet serviette penalty of a warning.

I can't believe the gas bottle mob did not have their elder statesman M.Lyons present as the substitute rule was named after him many years ago when a similiar indiscretion was done.

In brief the oasis mob batted 2 players who needed an identity kit as no one had seen or heard of them the first week.No mention to the gas bottle captain as required under the Lyons rule ammendment.An open and shut case you would think.Also Barrack could have given us an explanation on his new Presidential tome on the MJFWS but unlike Bill Clinton no cigar.Vinnie I would be preparing my appeal against a morally and technically incorrect decision.maybe Barrack could actually read the Laws of Cricket?

No wonder clean skin Leon McGaw ( one of the quieter members of the family ) took the set penalty as they might have doubled it had he contested it.

Just give us a bit of consistency where a barista with a good record gets off but a gas bottle gets extinguished.

Enough of Merl's usual fact finding revelations and not an FOI in sight and a day or two after the actual result I am just surprised Brude's didn't ask his usual question of does anyonre know what happened at the tribunal?

until next time.................. vino sipping poster.............. Merlot

So its got to the last round and I never thought I would be still joint leader. Have to admit that I didn't know too much about the CMCA top 2 grades until this year but have come to learn a bit more about it.
Tips for Round 11:

Longmuir:
Kingston Heath
E.S.B.C.
Omega (too much to play for to blow their chances now...hey OB?)
Brighton Union
Mackie
West Bentleigh

Woolnough:
E.S.B.C.
Bentleigh Uniting
Moorabbin West
Hampton Central
Highett West
Cluden

What an exciting finish to the Woolnough season and the tipping competition....it might come down to the Omega v Uniting tips?? After getting bent over backwards last week I have a feeling Uniting are hitting top form and are 1 of the best sides in which our 2's have played this year. Tim Doherty bowling well!

Good luck to all teams and those not playing finals......enjoy the mad Monday and the end of season cricket trips! The only reason why I play!

Drink booze.......because it's healthy!

Merlot a good drop;389049 said:
Evening All,

Brude's didn't ask his usual question of does anyonre know what happened at the tribunal?

until next time.................. vino sipping poster.............. Merlot

Merl my good man i am going to ask what happened at the tribunal? You here rumours of what happened during the game and many peoples descriptions of what happened and once again no one knows what is going on? I suppose if i ever get reported i will get rubbed out, but maybe it is not the tribunal at fault sometimes it is the way reports are worded.

And you are wrong about keajai.

Will unitings 2's rue the losses early in the season? One to hampton Central by a couple of runs i believe, could have made a big difference to the standings.

Brudes;389055 said:
Will unitings 2's rue the losses early in the season? One to hampton Central by a couple of runs i believe, could have made a big difference to the standings.

I have to say I'm not surprised by Uniting 2's going so well, whilst i didn't play against them in Quiney last year as a was OS the boys said they were a very good side!

Good luck to all in the last round (execpt if your in Wallet Parks 2's!! :):))

Merlot my good friend, my network is like an Octupus, tentacles(or testicles as Jack Dyer used too say) everywhere. I am currently slumming it in down town Manly and have been for the past few days, so pretty hard to be in two spots at the same time. Not a bad part of the world I must say during the day, but at night the place is very dodgy. Back tonight and ready to spend a relaxing day doing the rounds tomorrow.

Since you have jumped on board OB's holy crusade, I hope you will be as vitriolic and insist that the Executive also investigates the Woolnough match where your beloved Hoops batted two players and then subbed them the next week.The Golden Greek did not feel like fielding, (but seemed ok to bat) and Covey was sunning himself at Hurly. Now I am going to be told he was there as a substitute, but the bowler whom he replaced injured himself at training so he came into the game with an injury and was therefore not entitiled to a sub fieldsman.The fact that ANA allowed this to happen is an indictment on them and I can assure you it would not have been allowed to occur five or ten years earlier.ObviousIy the Hoops are not subject to the same rules as the rest of the Association.I also seem to recall a few years ago where the Association unilaterally created a final 5 in a lower grade to accomodate Bentleigh Uniting, because a team happened to forfeit their last match and it was considered unfair that they should miss out on the finals as the assumption was that Uniting were certainties to win an outright.Further, the game was played on rain sodden Centenary Park (BU did not want to give up the home ground advantage) where the boundaries were brought in twenty metres and effectively resulted in a farcical match played on an Under 12 size ground and players aqua planing all over the place.In any other circumstances the game would have been cancelled, but because another final was scheduled the next day they played on irrespective of the risk to all the players. I am told cricket was the winner that day. I also seem to recall a current C grade team that was for a moment in time, a Longmuir team, that used to have a habit if substituting half their team when they fielded. This practise was allowed to continue for a number of years and again the Executive was asleep.

Before everyone consigns Washington Park to Woolnough let us just wait and see what evolves. If the Real Deal manage to pull off the biggest shock since Ali destroyed Sonny Liston then both clubs fate will rest with the establishment, and I wonder what skeletons they will try and dig up.
Definition of hypocricy: A pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back