City Of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2011/12

To any of the CMCA Exec members or whoever !!!!!!!!!
Would it be too much to ask to provide some information on all the premiership winners '' senior and Junior '', also the respective trophy winners.
I know people who couldn't make it on the respective nights would like to know, this sort of information should be on the web site.
Most other comps are providing this.
On another note, some very interesting discussions taking place with 3 Longmuir clubs, one in particular chasing a very handy VTCA player from the port of melbourne, another firing out some incentives to a highway player, the third also chasing a a top line bowler from nearabouts.

G'day Mentalist!

I raised this tonight at our Exec meeting and all were in agreement that it is a very good idea! There is a bit of work to be done in getting the details together, but hopefully you will see this on the website soon. Into the future, this will be done (the results posted on the CMCA Website) on an annual basis, as soon after the Snr and Jnr Presentation events, as is practicable.

Thanks for your post and only too happy to pass other suggestions onto the CMCA Exec as required.

Cheers.....Greeny

To any of the CMCA Exec members or whoever !!!!!!!!!
Would it be too much to ask to provide some information on all the premiership winners '' senior and Junior '', also the respective trophy winners.
I know people who couldn't make it on the respective nights would like to know, this sort of information should be on the web site.
Most other comps are providing this.
On another note, some very interesting discussions taking place with 3 Longmuir clubs, one in particular chasing a very handy VTCA player from the port of melbourne, another firing out some incentives to a highway player, the third also chasing a a top line bowler from nearabouts.

G'day Mentalist!

I raised this tonight at our Exec meeting and all were in agreement that it is a very good idea! There is a bit of work to be done in getting the details together, but hopefully you will see this on the website soon. Into the future, this will be done (the results posted on the CMCA Website) on an annual basis, as soon after the Snr and Jnr Presentation events, as is practicable.

Thanks for your post and only too happy to pass other suggestions onto the CMCA Exec as required.

Cheers.....Greeny

Greeny,
Thanks for your response, its encouraging to see that you are taking some interest and you've taken the time for a reply.

Chooka said:
East Sandy’s record is without peer. A stunning run of success and a brilliant effort in the GF a few weeks back. Posters from BUCC the first to congratulate and acknowledge them on them on their victory and sustained run of success.

Chooka, whilst i agree with your comments and also respect the East Sandy record, something really concerned me about their attendance at the CMCA Presentation night. [ or lack of it ].
For a club to have such a great record, and to win the premiership against the odds '' so to speak '' to not have one representitive at the night is some what poor.
Good clubs conduct themselves well on and off the park, unfortunately, the boys from Duncan St either can't be bothered, or are just to arrogant to support the awards night.
I wonder how the CMCA view this lack of interest ?

Chooka said:
East Sandy’s record is without peer. A stunning run of success and a brilliant effort in the GF a few weeks back. Posters from BUCC the first to congratulate and acknowledge them on them on their victory and sustained run of success.
Chooka, whilst i agree with your comments and also respect the East Sandy record, something really concerned me about their attendance at the CMCA Presentation night. [ or lack of it ].
For a club to have such a great record, and to win the premiership against the odds '' so to speak '' to not have one representitive at the night is some what poor.
Good clubs conduct themselves well on and off the park, unfortunately, the boys from Duncan St either can't be bothered, or are just to arrogant to support the awards night.
I wonder how the CMCA view this lack of interest ?

Long time reader, first time poster.

I know plenty of stuff mentioned on this forum is just rumours and utter crap, and I'm well aware that there will be people that will try and get me to "bite". But as I'm quite bored at work, I thought I'd chime in where I thought necessary.

Not sure the exact reason why we didn't have anyone at the presentation but I know I was only told about it on the Wednesday night after I already had prior engagements. Some of the positions of power are also changing at the club after numerous years of hard work by certain people so perhaps there was a communication breakdown somewhere along the lines.

Obviously it would have been nice to have someone go along and accept the award/flag but I think there's a few of you who are really trying to make it a much bigger deal than it really is.This season was quite humbling and in no way was it done out of arrogance or disrespect to any other clubs, players or the comp.

Long time reader, first time poster.

I know plenty of stuff mentioned on this forum is just rumours and utter crap, and I'm well aware that there will be people that will try and get me to "bite". But as I'm quite bored at work, I thought I'd chime in where I thought necessary.

Not sure the exact reason why we didn't have anyone at the presentation but I know I was only told about it on the Wednesday night after I already had prior engagements. Some of the positions of power are also changing at the club after numerous years of hard work by certain people so perhaps there was a communication breakdown somewhere along the lines.

Obviously it would have been nice to have someone go along and accept the award/flag but I think there's a few of you who are really trying to make it a much bigger deal than it really is.This season was quite humbling and in no way was it done out of arrogance or disrespect to any other clubs, players or the comp.

About sums up East Sandy, pathetic excuses. They still can't see anything wrong with their disrespectful non show.
Arogant and disgraceful behaviour both on and off the field during finals.
Good team.......shit blokes

I can understand the point of view given the circumstances, sb, but shit blokes they ain't. They're no different to anyone else in the comp and I hardly consider the club captain taking the time to explain himself to a plethora of pseudonyms as arrogant. They're as good a bunch of blokes as any going around in our comp with the exception of being fortunate enough to form the greatest dynasty the CMCA will ever see. "Good team" is an understatement.

Southern,
Thats huge coin.
Does he do some coaching as well ? you would like to hope so !!!!
I'm not sure he'd be offered that amount, but you would think that he would be a great get at the right price.
Great player and i can't see him leaving Port, as he has huge offers every year from other VTCA clubs and knocks them back.

If he has gone to BUCC this young bloke will be a great asset on the field to them they would have to start long odds on to win 2012 2013 flag. A great talent but he will be remembered as a player who has had more clubs than a Caveman. As Backman was carrying the drinks in the final who will go out of that side to join him another young talent maybe one of the richards boys good cricketers to running around in Woolnough maybe they should think of there future at that club. Maybe it s time to start policing the money being spent on players, and if Coxy has all the money he should put some bucks into his old footballclub Caulfield they are struggling big time.

If most CMCA clubs are not targeting at least 3-5 current Uniting players then they are not doing their respective clubs any favors. It will certainly test the loyalty at Centenary Park, but it will also allow some players an opportunity to show their wares at another club possibly for some coin. If none of the players elect to move on then it will make their club very powerful in every grade and they would be expecting 5 or 6 flags next season.

Clearly Uniting has responded savagely to the loss against the Juggernaut and possibly that they fell one game short in the 20/20 final so they are doing everything possible to remedy the situation and good on them. If someone elects to support their club by way of financial means then it is their business and this rubbish about salary caps or whatever is out of line. As long as they do not pay more than two players then it is a non issue. How you prove that a club is paying more than two players is another issue and unless every Club president/Secretary and Treasurer is compelled to complete an affidavit with the threat of perjury hanging over the respective heads of each officer, then speculation will continue like it has over the past decade about which clubs have or have not paid numerous players.

If (as it has been speculated or stated by a few posters) that the President of the CMCA is involved in the decision to recruit and/or the payment of some of the players then it has to call into question his position as President of the CMCA and the perception of whether he can legitimately oversee the competition in a totally unbiased manner. Consider his role which involves organizing the draw, finals venues, liaising with the umpires on a regular basis and enforcing sanctions against clubs for their various misdemeanors. For the record I believe Phil is a very good administrator and has done a wonderful job during his tenure and his ethics are beyond reproach, however it will not be a good look and the never ending criticism will become overwhelming by seasons end.

If this speculation is incorrect and Phil is not involved then a clear and unambigious statement should be issued by the CMCA and Uniting, and an apology issued by the respective posters for making such allegations and then everyone can move on to next piece of scuttlebutt.

After reaching the finals in season 2011/12, The Burwood Cricket Club, affiliated with the Eastern Cricket Association, and currently playing in A grade turf competition, is seeking applicants for the position of Senior Professional Player for season 2012/13.
The role may make itself available to involvement in the leadership group within the club’s 1st XI.
With an established off field support structure and solid junior program we now seek the experience and skills of a quality top order batsman to help take the club one step further.
The ideal candidate will possess:
    1. The willingness to embrace and develop the club’s on and off field culture
    2. Experience and accomplishments at a comparable standard of cricket
    3. A passion to be part of a strong team and winning culture
    4. A commitment to pre season, and strong work ethic during the season
    5. A temperament to bat long periods and work with our developing batsmen
Remuneration and length of contract will be negotiated based on the level of experience and playing record of each applicant.
Applications should be emailed to the Director of Cricket at dmp@hagerbr.com.au
All applications are strictly confidential and close on June 15th 2012.

Enjoying the Mail Man's work regarding Omega's coaching appointment and Clemo's "departure". No doubt an Omega person stirring the pot - love it! I believe the Ommies have been at it for 3 weeks already under Leroy and may do well with a couple of handy recruitments.

The South Barwon Cricket Club is hosting two of the all time greatest opening bowling combination in Courtney Walsh and Curtly Ambrose on Sunday 9th December at Buckley's Entertainment Centre in Geelong. The afternoon starts at 12:30pm and includes a 2 course meal plus a 3 hour drinks package (beer/wine/soft drink). The guys will be interviewed by the MC Justin Karcher during the afternoon and there will also be time for some questions plus a signing table on the day. There are tables of 12 so get your table together or you can sit in smaller groups if needed. We only have 300 tickets available so it will be first in best dressed. Tickets are starting to sell now so get in and avoid the disappointment of missing out on this unique opportunity. Tickets are $110 per person, so start organising your mini bus now for a day in Geelong !!
For tickets please see the link to an order form. Tickets are available from the club in Geelong, or details on the order form.

Order Form

http://southbarwon.vic.cricket.com.au/files/2108/files/Ambrose Walsh Flyer_Order Form Final.pdf

Club website

http://southbarwon.vic.cricket.com.au/home.aspx?

Back