Competition audit/discussion

How often do you visit the fantasy board?

• Total voters
Re: Competition audit/discussion

I would be more than happy to sim the games but I have Windows 7 now so that option looks out. Plus I don't have a copy of the sim and don't know my way around it.

If we can't get this comp off the ground then I reckon we should make a BigCricket team and a BigCricket reserve team and play other countries as a "test" nation. We could participate in the Future Tours Programme and play other teams from around the world. Players then could then play in the first team if they have good form or could get dropped back to the seconds if they don't perform well.

The advantage to this sort of thing is we'd still be playing fantasy cricket and we'd only need 22 posters, maybe a few more to make sure we've got enough to cover all the different playing types.

This would be an option should the actual fantasy comp not get going again.

Ljp86;385014 said:
I would be more than happy to sim the games but I have Windows 7 now so that option looks out. Plus I don't have a copy of the sim and don't know my way around it.

If we can't get this comp off the ground then I reckon we should make a BigCricket team and a BigCricket reserve team and play other countries as a "test" nation. We could participate in the Future Tours Programme and play other teams from around the world. Players then could then play in the first team if they have good form or could get dropped back to the seconds if they don't perform well.

The advantage to this sort of thing is we'd still be playing fantasy cricket and we'd only need 22 posters, maybe a few more to make sure we've got enough to cover all the different playing types.

This would be an option should the actual fantasy comp not get going again.

Just a question here.

If the fantasy comp gets up and running properly, is it still possible to make that BigCricket team and bring people with good form from the normal comp, like a domestic player getting selected for his country?

I noticed that in the rules, but hadn't seen anything like that in action. New around this fantasy stuff so thought I would ask.

If nobody else can sim, as long as I can be shown how, I will always have games up in time.

If this is going to get going again then it needs a concerted effort from 2 or 3 people. This means contacting people, creating interest and making sure games are put up on time.

I'm happy to make whoever wants to take it on a mod or whatever.

Keep it simple, home and away games only (not home and away x2) and try to get a season completed in a concise time frame. I'd rather see a 6 week season that gets completed on time at the moment than one that sprawls on for 6 months.

mas cambios;385032 said:
If this is going to get going again then it needs a concerted effort from 2 or 3 people. This means contacting people, creating interest and making sure games are put up on time.

I'm happy to make whoever wants to take it on a mod or whatever.

Keep it simple, home and away games only (not home and away x2) and try to get a season completed in a concise time frame. I'd rather see a 6 week season that gets completed on time at the moment than one that sprawls on for 6 months.

My hand is still up, I will be back from holidays next week. I just have to work out what program I need so I can help sim games.

After last season Mas is right we need 2 or 3 people that will have the time to make sure games are simmed on time. We must keep the Interest going week in week out, for it to work.

G'day boys (and some girls ie Wizz :eek: ) I was heavily involved in the fantasy league for quite some time, and loved it. It was fantastic. The reason it dropped off was there was too much chopping and changing of the rules, the people who were in charge, the regulations etc. It just got too much. It was boring!!!

I would like to get involved, but it needs a massive revamp and i would be happy to offer advice on what should happen!

The first thing is LESS TEAMS!!!! There are too many teams for the amount of posters there for making some game threads great, and others cr@p! There needs to be less teams, with posters waiting to get a game/team and make them earn their spot!

Captains must lead from example posting, starting new threads. If they don't, they get warnings from the Mod who will then suspend them, or take away their captaincy and vote on a new captain.

Then with the games i would look to do something like this:

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu: Test Match
Alternating Fridays One Day game/ 20/20
Sat NO GAMES!!!

The reason i would do this is Saturday nights, most people would have plans (except Frodo) and therefore posts are reasonably low. The other reason is there is a game every night bar one (you have to have a rest day for the mods to sim games)

It also has all games involved.

I also believe that you could/should have 2 mods. One for tests, and one for one day games/ 20/20 games.

I have many other thoughts if you want to hear my dribble.

Ex Madrid Magic Star Keeper,

Tongs :)

Tongs - happy to have your input. Any ideas that you think will put the zing back into the game then fire away.

Tongs;385104 said:
G'day boys (and some girls ie Wizz :eek: ) I was heavily involved in the fantasy league for quite some time, and loved it. It was fantastic. The reason it dropped off was there was too much chopping and changing of the rules, the people who were in charge, the regulations etc. It just got too much. It was boring!!!

I would like to get involved, but it needs a massive revamp and i would be happy to offer advice on what should happen!

The first thing is LESS TEAMS!!!! There are too many teams for the amount of posters there for making some game threads great, and others cr@p! There needs to be less teams, with posters waiting to get a game/team and make them earn their spot!

Captains must lead from example posting, starting new threads. If they don't, they get warnings from the Mod who will then suspend them, or take away their captaincy and vote on a new captain.

Then with the games i would look to do something like this:

Sat NO GAMES!!!

The reason i would do this is Saturday nights, most people would have plans (except Frodo) and therefore posts are reasonably low. The other reason is there is a game every night bar one (you have to have a rest day for the mods to sim games)

It also has all games involved.

I also believe that you could/should have 2 mods. One for tests, and one for one day games/ 20/20 games.

I have many other thoughts if you want to hear my dribble.

Ex Madrid Magic Star Keeper,

Tongs :)

Haha Ex Madrid Magic STAR KEEPER.......You could'nt catch a cold!!!

The Wizz;385147 said:
Haha Ex Madrid Magic STAR KEEPER.......You could'nt catch a cold!!!

Stats don't lie son! I had the best average in One day and Test matches of all the keepers! The only time i didn't touch it was when you were bowling. It never made it to me, just kept sailing over the fence!

Tongs;385104 said:
Sat NO GAMES!!!

3/10 for effort.

Now fill this in for tests only :-

Match thread posted ............day
Teams to be submitted by.........day
Day 1........................day
Ladders and stats up by ..............day

Are you going for it Wizz?

Frodo27;387084 said:
3/10 for effort.

Now fill this in for tests only :-

Match thread posted ............day
Teams to be submitted by.........day
Day 1........................day
Ladders and stats up by ..............day

Are you going for it Wizz?

Might have to look at plan B. I can not sim the games on this computer, I have tryed but with no luck. I'm willing to do all the recruiting and setting up the teams and help running them, but as for the simming I'm not sure what else I can do. Any ideas would be great..

Have you the time to sim and maybe help train someone to give you a chop out? Time is running out we need to get the ball rolling.

The Wizz;387177 said:
Might have to look at plan B. I can not sim the games on this computer, I have tryed but with no luck. I'm willing to do all the recruiting and setting up the teams and help running them, but as for the simming I'm not sure what else I can do. Any ideas would be great..

Have you the time to sim and maybe help train someone to give you a chop out? Time is running out we need to get the ball rolling.

This is a very small competition, so the admin work is quite small........but is there the interest?

I suggest that each captain starts a new season thread. If they can get the numbers for a 4 team comp then I'd give it a go (based upon MC post).

Until we can find a simmer who can commit to the comp 100% then I don't see this competition going forward. Once we have a simmer we can then start organising teams, fixtures etc.

I'm looking into a few things. The plan is to get an updated sim that is easy to use as well as realistic. Failing that, as LJP says, a reliable simmer or two who can commit to a full season.

Other options may crop up but LJP is pretty much correct in his summing up.

mas cambios;388200 said:
I'm looking into a few things. The plan is to get an updated sim that is easy to use as well as realistic. Failing that, as LJP says, a reliable simmer or two who can commit to a full season.

Other options may crop up but LJP is pretty much correct in his summing up.

When do you think the updated sim will be ready? I'm still very keen to sim the games in both forms if I have to, tho its very hard with the sim I have tryed. Just play the waiting game I spose..

The Wizz;388226 said:
When do you think the updated sim will be ready? I'm still very keen to sim the games in both forms if I have to, tho its very hard with the sim I have tryed. Just play the waiting game I spose..

Search me to be honest. I need to find someone willing to code/develop. Feelers are being put out to various sources but it won't be quick fix.

The problem with the existing sim is that it's old and built for DOS rather than the operating systems of today. An update is long overdue - it's just a matter of convincing someone that it's worth their time.

I'm surprised that nobody in the cricket world has developed an updated version by now.

Agree with all that but we need to work with what we have until it is ready.

I have a fully working sim, I am willing to admin for the season. all I need is 4 teams.

Frodo27;388342 said:
Agree with all that but we need to work with what we have until it is ready.

I have a fully working sim, I am willing to admin for the season. all I need is 4 teams.

Talk/pm LJP and go from there.

Back