Counting Runs

Re: Counting Runs

I've found counting runs easy this season - mostly because I've had one of two scores in each game, and they're both part of the binary counting system :p

Yeah as said before I am shaky and uncomfortable until my first boundary. I tend to count runs until a boundary or the bowler starts eliminating the time between deliveries. I find myself getting out so much playing a silly shot trying to get the first boundary. Top edge of a pull shot every time.

I usually focus on the team scoring rate - normally discuss with partner that we're aiming for x number of runs by 10 overs with no wickets in that time (you never plan to lose wickets) etc. I lose count of my own score pretty quickly.

Re: Counting Runs

I find I have enough to concentrate on while batting than to worry about my score. And yes it is easier to do it this way as you have a scoreboard telling you the score. Also at the end of the day it is the teams score that will win you the game and the best way to do this is to build partnerships, as this will lead you to have wickets in hand for a final onslaught to get you as many runs as possible. It is also not very nice for the fielding team when two batsmen get together and stay there while scoring runs.

However you can look at it this way, if you reach your targets and you are still there then it is likely you will have scored roughly half of those runs. So if your parntership is 100 one of the 2 will probably have a 50.

Smart answer. I really agree the when your counting runs it a sign that you are not batting well or at least not your best. I think you just have to take it how it comes. Though its good to know your score when you are reaching a milestone because last saturday was my sixth score in the forties!

Back