Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

old hand;286511 said:
greener pastures is my guess for 90% of players, dont know anything about klein boonschate so dont want to comment but other than that i dont think there are any clubs chasing players at this stage of the year

he had a falling out. lavi pounced

Wanie eat your heart out;287440 said:
04/05 Had Mick preston in left arm quick, G Elliott in full flight, Peterson when he had half a brain,pluss the normal blokes. beat Stpats when they were at there strongest.

U gotta be kidding,Peterson has never and will never have half a brain.;)

wizards;286952 said:
Just got a question, hoppers 08 u may be able to answer it,
our of the 3 flags north won 04\05..05\06..06\07 which team was the best out of them there were a number of players thats come into the team and a few that left... which year had the strongest side???

04/05 Had Mick preston in left arm quick, G Elliott in full flight, Peterson when he had half a brain,pluss the normal blokes. beat Stpats when they were at there strongest.

U gotta be kidding,Peterson has never and will never have half a brain.;)

Steve_Woods_Chest;287626 said:
and you my friend have a pea brain compared to mine

Used to luv the way he used a piece of string to mark his run up and then spray some paint on the ground.
Seriously,Woody is the best all rounder that has played in this comp,woulda taken more wickets if he wasnt playing up on the Tallangatta Highway.
Good side Tallangatta,got 2 of the best 5 all rounders of the last 20 yrs in thier side in Wood and Lade

Steve_Woods_Chest;287626 said:
and you my friend have a pea brain compared to mine

Used to luv the way he used a piece of string to mark his run up and then spray some paint on the ground.
Seriously,Woody is the best all rounder that has played in this comp,woulda taken more wickets if he wasnt playing up on the Tallangatta Highway.
Good side Tallangatta,got 2 of the best 5 all rounders of the last 20 yrs in thier side in Wood and Lade

heard it was a bit spicey at the cheese on the weekend.with the hoppers bowled out for a small total and the dogs are in the box seat.was told that a player from the dogs was giving a huge send off by the bowler.which he took in his stride.but it followed by another player chipping with a few words.he kept walking until a player gave him another mouthful.i was told who this player was but i'm not saying.but i will say this that he has fitted in nicely at the hoppers.

upsets well belvoir winnning would be one.also if the raiders can knock over lavi that would be one aswell.

big guys don't run;288286 said:
heard it was a bit spicey at the cheese on the weekend.with the hoppers bowled out for a small total and the dogs are in the box seat.was told that a player from the dogs was giving a huge send off by the bowler.which he took in his stride.but it followed by another player chipping with a few words.he kept walking until a player gave him another mouthful.i was told who this player was but i'm not saying.but i will say this that he has fitted in nicely at the hoppers.

upsets well belvoir winnning would be one.also if the raiders can knock over lavi that would be one aswell.

Who was this big guy

big guys don't run;288286 said:

Who was this big guy

G Elliott only played 5 games that year, two of them were the finals games,
Preston only took a small hand full of wickets that season and his first 4bats were 0,0,0,3
anyway, i want to know what this north albury player said and who said it?
a few words said on the cricket field cant hurt can it?

wizards;288804 said:
Preston only took a small hand full of wickets that season and his first 4bats were 0,0,0,3

Just spoke to dutchy the person that had words with him is brendan simmons dutchy was walkin off and as simmo was runnin in from point told him that was the worst 35 he has ever seen and to f... off

Interesting weekend of cricket coming up, most Provincial A grade games can still go either way, with Talllangatta being the exception & should comfortably account for Yack.
Should be some good cricket played on Sunday with the 20/20 quarter finals as well, be interesting to see what the home clubs do to encouarge a few people to get to the games & make some money....

wizards;288804 said:

Just spoke to dutchy the person that had words with him is brendan simmons dutchy was walkin off and as simmo was runnin in from point told him that was the worst 35 he has ever seen and to f... off

KokodaMidget;289672 said:
Interesting weekend of cricket coming up, most Provincial A grade games can still go either way, with Talllangatta being the exception & should comfortably account for Yack.
Should be some good cricket played on Sunday with the 20/20 quarter finals as well, be interesting to see what the home clubs do to encouarge a few people to get to the games & make some money....

Did hear a rumour Tallangatta were doing 1 dollar stubbies and strippers between the B Grade and A grade games.
What a deal that is,get yourselves to Rowen Park on Sunday if this is the case.:D:D:D

not as good as you might think, i heard the strippers were woody and andrew lade. who knows what goes on out there...

KokodaMidget;289672 said:

Did hear a rumour Tallangatta were doing 1 dollar stubbies and strippers between the B Grade and A grade games.
What a deal that is,get yourselves to Rowen Park on Sunday if this is the case.:D:D:D

Alright it's nearly the Christmas Break and we've had enough time to think who is everyones tips for

Premiers
Relegation
Top Run scorer
Top wickets
Champion

I'll start Premiers Tallangatta

I think East albury hurt to much this year after losing poo-bo, gough, scam and mcniel to have any real contention hopes, and Tallangatta will have the edge over north in finals after last years semi final smashing.

Relegation Raiders

I think Yackandandah's Reverse out-right over St'pats will be the deciding factor between them and raiders.

Top runs Thompson
Top wickets Tim kennedy
Champion Greg daniels

not as good as you might think, i heard the strippers were woody and andrew lade. who knows what goes on out there...

Alright it's nearly the Christmas Break and we've had enough time to think who is everyones tips for

Premiers
Relegation
Top Run scorer
Top wickets
Champion

I'll start Premiers Tallangatta

I think East albury hurt to much this year after losing poo-bo, gough, scam and mcniel to have any real contention hopes, and Tallangatta will have the edge over north in finals after last years semi final smashing.

Relegation Raiders

I think Yackandandah's Reverse out-right over St'pats will be the deciding factor between them and raiders.

Top runs Thompson
Top wickets Tim kennedy
Champion Greg daniels

nothing against the boys that made the runs, but id rate my dogs left nut a chance of knocking up a decent score against raiders attack. in an ideal world both yack and raiders will be relegated at the end of the year

2 teams relegated who would get promoted...? Bethanga & Dederang...?
Or are you proposing an 8 team provincial competition Old Hand...?

nothing against the boys that made the runs, but id rate my dogs left nut a chance of knocking up a decent score against raiders attack. in an ideal world both yack and raiders will be relegated at the end of the year

I dont see anything wrong with having an 8 team provincial comp, obviously this would be the lowest number you would go but i think raiders just arent competitive at the moment. Bulldogs have had a fairly young side for a while and they are now seeing the rewards but raiders kids arent even near the same league as the juniors bulldogs had or have.

I think you could reward the consistant performers with promotion, such as dederang who have had a strong side for a number of years without clinching a flag but would be competetive. belvoir didnt even play in the grand final the year they were promoted and they certainly havent embarrased themselves. so I'd say you could probably promote dederang and the winner of this years flag as has been done previously, which id say kiewa would be favourates for at the moment. I dont think either of those sides would be less competetive than raiders, and it would stop young guys like Maynard, Hill, Marmo etc from leaving there clubs to play provincial. not that maynard was that impressive in last years district comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back