Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Its Honestly Middo;337955 said:
I could shed some light but dont feel the need to justify a decision made by the leadership group at the club to people hiding behind a computer screen and an alias.
I will say 1 thing tho and that is the players uncle is the major sponsor at Dederang and he was absolutely flabbergasted when told of the news his nephew played footy instead of a cricket final.
Enuff said!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for that Middo, as I said Im sure there are two sides to the story, and if the leadership group made that decision then so be it.

Flat track, I also support players finishing off one sport before starting another, but if he was asked to play a half of footy my question earlier was surely it could have been amicablely fixed to do both.
I mean leaving a guy out for the rest of the season/forever ????

As for the C Grade match, was Raiders higher on the ladder ????

its getting exciting on here isn't it!

this must be a problem for alot of players in all different leauges. you would think that cricket leauges and footballs leauges could organize so these sought of things dont happen. it would be a difficult choice for anyone.

The last thing i will say on the matter of leaving a player out is,if we put the said player on our teamsheet too play and he does an injury in the half hr to 45 minutes he played footy where does that leave the team.
It leaves them 1 PLAYER SHORT for a finals game.

Ducks fly together;337971 said:
On another issue, apparently CAW awarded a win to the raiders in a washed out C grade final:confused:? It kept the raiders in the finals and eliminated Kiewa as a result of the deccison, can anyone shed some light on WTF happened there?
The way the rules read a correct decision was made. Both sides batted for more than 25 overs which means it then comes down to run-rate. Raiders win and Belvoir were higher than Kiewa so Kiewa is out.
Good on you Middo, stick to your guns and a premiership is on the way.
It must be hard to get into Raiders' 2's these days.;)

its getting exciting on here isn't it!

this must be a problem for alot of players in all different leauges. you would think that cricket leauges and footballs leauges could organize so these sought of things dont happen. it would be a difficult choice for anyone.

I could shed some light but dont feel the need to justify a decision made by the leadership group at the club to people hiding behind a computer screen and an alias.
I will say 1 thing tho and that is the players uncle is the major sponsor at Dederang and he was absolutely flabbergasted when told of the news his nephew played footy instead of a cricket final.
Enuff said!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I have an alias, but did you just sign on as Middo straight up ? or did you/or still do you have an alias ?
What came first ? The chicken or the egg ?

;););)

Ducks fly together;337971 said:
On another issue, apparently CAW awarded a win to the raiders in a washed out C grade final:confused:? It kept the raiders in the finals and eliminated Kiewa as a result of the deccison, can anyone shed some light on WTF happened there?
The way the rules read a correct decision was made. Both sides batted for more than 25 overs which means it then comes down to run-rate. Raiders win and Belvoir were higher than Kiewa so Kiewa is out.

Beau could easily have said no, im not going to play a meaningless football practice match, because im playing in a cricket final this afternoon.

In fact, you would hope that guys playing both sports would put their cricket teams finals chances before footy, but that never eventuates. Footy committments affected the season of a couple of players from my side, & we made a decision that if the players chose footy, so be it, but we wouldn't consider them for finals as it gets too disruptive for everyone else.

Enuff said!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I have an alias, but did you just sign on as Middo straight up ? or did you/or still do you have an alias ?

;););)

Watchful Eye;338292 said:

;););)

I believe it was the chicken:D

Beau could easily have said no, im not going to play a meaningless football practice match, because im playing in a cricket final this afternoon.

In fact, you would hope that guys playing both sports would put their cricket teams finals chances before footy, but that never eventuates. Footy committments affected the season of a couple of players from my side, & we made a decision that if the players chose footy, so be it, but we wouldn't consider them for finals as it gets too disruptive for everyone else.

;););)

Good point there watchful,I didnt actually log on under an alias it was 1 of my mates and we were just havin a bit of a laugh.
I did however post a few comments under his alias,that i am prepared to admit.

ps,
I think it was the chicken:D

;););)

I believe it was the chicken:D

The Reverse Sweeper;338237 said:

the questions is if dederang do win the flag will middo stay with the club thru to provincial or jump ship to another district club like a certain somone else.

;););)

Good point there watchful,I didnt actually log on under an alias it was 1 of my mates and we were just havin a bit of a laugh.
I did however post a few comments under his alias,that i am prepared to admit.

ps,
I think it was the chicken:D

Watchful Eye;337867 said:
Thanks for the clarity Rawka, does very much so seam like a knee jerk reaction, and not suprising the young lad has had offers elsewhere.
Shame though this happening with his uncle being major sponsor !
One could say not very tactful/proffessional by those involved.
Surely there are two sides to the story ?
Can Middo shed some light on this ?????:confused::confused::confused:
Flat Track Bully - Let me enlighten you!
At the start of the season, the player in question told the Cricket Coach, that football (being a contracted and paid player) was his first priority. However, if Dederang made the finals, he would endeavour to do his best to play - hence why he was going to be LATE not MISS the game. What if he had to work until 1pm or his plane was late arriving at Albury? Would he be given the same ultimatum?

The Reverse Sweeper;338237 said:

the questions is if dederang do win the flag will middo stay with the club thru to provincial or jump ship to another district club like a certain somone else.

At the start of the season, Beau told Gerard that football (being a contracted and paid player) was his first priority in 2008/09. However, if Dederang made finals, he would endeavour to do his best to play - hence why he was going to be 30-45 minutes LATE, not to MISS the game. If he was working until 1pm or his plane arrived late, would he have been given the same ultimatum?

Watchful Eye;337867 said:
Thanks for the clarity Rawka, does very much so seam like a knee jerk reaction, and not suprising the young lad has had offers elsewhere.
Shame though this happening with his uncle being major sponsor !
One could say not very tactful/proffessional by those involved.
Surely there are two sides to the story ?
Can Middo shed some light on this ?????:confused::confused::confused:
At the start of the season, the player in question told the Cricket Coach, that football (being a contracted and paid player) was his first priority. However, if Dederang made the finals, he would endeavour to do his best to play - hence why he was going to be LATE not MISS the game. What if he had to work until 1pm or his plane was late arriving at Albury? Would he be given the same ultimatum?

rangatrain;337929 said:
you obviously dont have any idea what you are talking about there champ.
the omly facts that is true there is that he had been working in NZ for the last couple of weeks.:cool:
Pull up Ranga Train.
Are the following facts true or not?
1/ Did he fly home from Melbourne that morning?
2/ Did he call in to see his parents at Albury?
3/ Did his Footy Coach ask him to play?
4/ Did he ring his Cricket Coach?
5/ Did he say to the Footy Coach he would play half a game because he had a cricket final?
6/ Did Cricket Coach say not to play that final?
7/ Did the Coach call shortly after to say not to play for the rest of the season?
8/ Was he the leading wicket taker at the club for the last two years?
9/ Is he equal wicket taker this year?
10/ Is his uncle the major sponsor?
11/ Was he asked by other clubs to play next year?
(Can supply names if requested)
Please correct me as to which one of these facts aren't true.

Judging by your spelling and sentence structure, you should have spent more time in Year 6 English class and less time on Big Cricket being Its Honestly Middo's love child!

At the start of the season, Beau told Gerard that football (being a contracted and paid player) was his first priority in 2008/09. However, if Dederang made finals, he would endeavour to do his best to play - hence why he was going to be 30-45 minutes LATE, not to MISS the game. If he was working until 1pm or his plane arrived late, would he have been given the same ultimatum?

Rawka;338614 said:
Pull up Ranga Train.
5/ Did he say to the Footy Coach he would play half a game because he had a cricket final?
7/ Did the Coach call shortly after to say not to play for the rest of the season?

Judging by your spelling and sentence structure, you should have spent more time in Year 6 English class and less time on Big Cricket being Its Honestly Middo's love child!

sorry rawka, spent year 6 english lessons behind the sports shed smoking.:D

rangatrain;337929 said:
you obviously dont have any idea what you are talking about there champ.
the omly facts that is true there is that he had been working in NZ for the last couple of weeks.:cool:
Pull up Ranga Train.

rangatrain;338663 said:

Rangatrain, don't deflect the question, you did say this,

"you obviously dont have any idea what you are talking about there champ.
the omly facts that is true there is that he had been working in NZ for the last couple of weeks"

Can you let us no what you think is not fact ??

Rawka;338614 said:
Pull up Ranga Train.

Rawka;338614 said:
Pull up Ranga Train.
1/ Did he fly home from Melbourne that morning? 2/ Did he call in to see his parents at Albury?

My answers

1/yes
2/yes
3/had intentions of playing all along
4/Had his brother ring 1st
5/unsure
6/gave him 1/2 hour to think about it and call me back
7/no
8/yes
9/yes
10/yes
11/unsure

Thank you for starting an interesting quiz Shane.
I have posted answers truthfully.
At least ur initial post has given people something to talk about on here as it was getting a bit boring.
Congratulations to Dederang Cricket Club players on achieving another of our pre season goals in taking out The Hazel Clarkson Trophy for the Champion Club in District Competition.

rangatrain;338663 said:

Rangatrain, don't deflect the question, you did say this,

"you obviously dont have any idea what you are talking about there champ.
the omly facts that is true there is that he had been working in NZ for the last couple of weeks"

Can you let us no what you think is not fact ??

Rawka;338611 said:

Would still have missed the game if he was working or his plane was late.
That is why in the discussion i had with Beau on Thursday arvo I told him to keep in touch with me regarding where he was and how his flight schedule was going.
Im sure as i,ve been told by other players at Raiders that Corey had told all players that nothing is compulsary.

Whilst i dont want to get in to a slanging match i feel i have the right to defend myself.

I know I have the full support of every player and commitee member at The Dederang Cricket Club as do the Leadership Group at the club.

Rawka;338614 said:
Pull up Ranga Train.
1/ Did he fly home from Melbourne that morning? 2/ Did he call in to see his parents at Albury?

My answers

1/yes
2/yes
3/had intentions of playing all along
4/Had his brother ring 1st
5/unsure
6/gave him 1/2 hour to think about it and call me back
7/no
8/yes
9/yes
10/yes
11/unsure

Thank you for starting an interesting quiz Shane.
I have posted answers truthfully.
At least ur initial post has given people something to talk about on here as it was getting a bit boring.
Congratulations to Dederang Cricket Club players on achieving another of our pre season goals in taking out The Hazel Clarkson Trophy for the Champion Club in District Competition.

Rawka;338611 said:

That is why in the discussion i had with Beau on Thursday arvo I told him to keep in touch with me regarding where he was and how his flight schedule was going.
Im sure as i,ve been told by other players at Raiders that Corey had told all players that nothing is compulsary.

Whilst i dont want to get in to a slanging match i feel i have the right to defend myself.

I know I have the full support of every player and commitee member at The Dederang Cricket Club as do the Leadership Group at the club.

CRICKET COACH

The Coronet City Cricket Club affiliated with the BCA turf wicket competition seeks to appoint a Non-Playing or Playing Coach to lead and assist the Club climb the ranks of Ballarat’s premier cricket competition.

You will have demonstrated communication skills with players at all senior levels and will be assisted by a stable and committed administration.

Significant remuneration linked to your experience, knowledge and ability is available for the right person. Applications, marked Confidential are to be received by April 9th. and mailed to

The President
Coronet City CC
P O Box 4031
Alfredton 3350

well it has fired up on here its aimed at Middo!!!!! yes its finals time and clubs have to make decisions which upset players.so people think the ranga train is full of hot steam wait until monday when they win.
will wodonga go all the way??? fairly young side but should get over the line.
it will be a very interesting off season for Albury and Raiders.Firstly where will Titans get more players from to get them out of trouble??? Secondly how many players will leave Raiders??? If they go down and hopefully win the flag or at least end up in the grand final it should bring success.With only one team making the finals it has been a lean year for the Raiders.The Waiders will be doing there best tomorrow and hopefully get through to the grand final.

All the best to all clubs/teams involved in this week of finals.:D:D

CRICKET COACH

The Coronet City Cricket Club affiliated with the BCA turf wicket competition seeks to appoint a Non-Playing or Playing Coach to lead and assist the Club climb the ranks of Ballarat’s premier cricket competition.

You will have demonstrated communication skills with players at all senior levels and will be assisted by a stable and committed administration.

Significant remuneration linked to your experience, knowledge and ability is available for the right person. Applications, marked Confidential are to be received by April 9th. and mailed to

The President
Coronet City CC
P O Box 4031
Alfredton 3350

Its Honestly Middo;338763 said:

WOW Just read the results of the weekends game and wondering If you had the full suport of every player and commitee member at the club, why did the player in question play at the weekend ?? :confused::confused::confused:

well it has fired up on here its aimed at Middo!!!!! yes its finals time and clubs have to make decisions which upset players.so people think the ranga train is full of hot steam wait until monday when they win.
will wodonga go all the way??? fairly young side but should get over the line.
it will be a very interesting off season for Albury and Raiders.Firstly where will Titans get more players from to get them out of trouble??? Secondly how many players will leave Raiders??? If they go down and hopefully win the flag or at least end up in the grand final it should bring success.With only one team making the finals it has been a lean year for the Raiders.The Waiders will be doing there best tomorrow and hopefully get through to the grand final.

All the best to all clubs/teams involved in this week of finals.:D:D

Its Honestly Middo;338763 said:

WOW Just read the results of the weekends game and wondering If you had the full suport of every player and commitee member at the club, why did the player in question play at the weekend ?? :confused::confused::confused:

Its Honestly Middo;339884 said:
Think u may have jumped the gun a bit R S,dont think Norlo would b real xcited 2day

Yeah my apologies Middo.I didn't realise that the carriage you'd cut loose would be re-attached so quickly. Make sure ther's no footy on this weekend though.
A tip for the weekend, when McLennan bats put a man on the roof of the club rooms and one half way up the hill on the other side.

Good luck though and may the best Valley team win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back