Cricket @ Commonwealth Games 2022

Sharkman84

Australia's women are struggling big time in their opening Pool match of the Games.

5/50 in the 8th over chasing 155.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Grace Harris staging a rearguard for Australia.

Australia now 5/91 and need 64 off 50.

Harris on 37.

WOW! Ashleigh Gardner's half century gets the Aussies home by 3 wickets after a shocking start. What a Win!!!

An excellent win by Australia all things considered. I thought they did well to restrict India after they got off to a very good start so to keep India to 8/154 was a pretty reasonable effort in the end led by Jess Jonassen with 4/22.

Australia had a very poor start with the bat but the middle order of Ashleigh Gardner and Grace Harris managed to do the heavy lifting required to get the side home coupled with a nice cameo from Alana King at the end. Gardner had a great game with an undefeated half century and four tight overs with the ball (0/23).

A good start from an Australian point of view while India will be extremely disappointed I would have thought given their starts with the bat and also with the ball.

Next up is the other game in Group A between Barbados and Pakistan, that match starts at 4pm UTC (5pm local time).

Barbados proved too good for Pakistan last night thanks to the efforts of Kycia Knight (62*) and Hayley Matthews (51) with the bat. Nida Dar (50*) tried to lift Pakistan late but was left with too much work to do after Pakistan were reduced to 4/49 from 10.4 overs.

The Group B matches started today with New Zealand taking on South Africa. Suzie Bates' 91* lifted New Zealand to 2/167 from their 20 overs before South Africa were restricted to 7/154 from their 20 overs with Sophie Devine claiming 3/37 to help hold back the Proteas. Chloe Tryon smashed 39 from 18 balls with Sune Luus hit 32 from 18 balls to make a late charge but ultimately South Africa came up short.

The Group B matches continue today with England to take on Sri Lanka from 4pm UTC (5pm local time).

England were too good for Sri Lanka a few days ago while India thrashed arch rival Pakistan and Australia cruised past Barbados without much fuss over the past couple of days.

England then knocked off South Africa and New Zealand defeated Sri Lanka with both sides winning comfortably in yesterday's matches.

Australia notched an easy win over Pakistan, winning by 44 runs today. Australia struggled a bit early on but Beth Mooney and Tahlia McGrath got going to push Australia to 2/160 from their 20 overs. Mooney scored 70 not out from 49 balls with McGrath was not out on 78 from 51 deliveries.

In reply, Pakistan's innings never really got going with consistent wickets hampering their chase. They finished on 8/116 from their 20 overs, Fatima Sana top scored at number seven with 35 runs from 26 balls while Tahlia McGrath led the bowling attack for Australia with 3/13 off three overs.

That win means Australia finish top of Group A while Pakistan will finish bottom. India and Barbados play their final qualifying match of Group A later today starting at 4pm UTC (5pm local time) with the winner to progress through to the semi finals.

India were far too good for Barbados last night. India reached 4/162 from their 20 overs thanks to 56 not out off 46 balls from Jemimah Rodrigues, Shafali Verma smacked 43 from 26 balls opening the innings while Deepti Sharma chipped in with 34 from 28 deliveries.

In reply, Barbados made 8/62 from their 20 overs. Renuka Singh did the damage with the ball, claiming 4/10 as India won by exactly 100 runs.

Today's earlier game was between Sri Lanka and South Africa in Group B with both sides out of contention to make the semi finals. Sri Lanka were sent in by South Africa and were rolled for 46 from 17.1 overs, Nadine de Klerk claimed 3/7 from four overs while Masabata Klass picked up 2/7 from three overs. Chamari Athapaththu made 15 runs for Sri Lanka, the only batter to reach double figures.

South Africa chased the target down with ease, reaching 0/49 from 6.1 overs which saw them win by 10 wickets and finish the tournament third in Group B with Sri Lanka claiming the Group B wooden spoon.

The other match today is between England and New Zealand at 4pm UTC (5pm local time). Both sides are undefeated so the winner will finish on top of the group.

ive got new zealand to win the semi against england tomorrow. Pretty sure they were foxing in the dead rubber.
maybe in order to get england to bat conservatively if they bat first, thinking thats all they need to do.
so new zealand can get the runs easily in a chase.
thats my theory anyway-we shall soon see

ye i was wrong about new zealand although they thrashed england for bronze.
i thought india were the better team in the final and deserved to win. But theyre only indians so who cares

Back