Cricket Shoes

shuey_cricket

Cricket Shoes

I am a spin bowler and today i brought some cricket shoes
they were 100 bucks and they are Asics gel advance shoes in navy and yellow
are these ok for me to use cause i heard they are batting shoes?

what spikes configuration should i use for a turf pitch for batting? or bowling?

also what spike figuration for a astro pitch

Re: Cricket Shoes

Yep, they're batting shoes, but you being a spin bowler I don't think it would matter that much as your wouldn't land that hard in your delivery stride...

I was having a look at them last week and they guy said they are a batting shoe as they are incredibly light, but he said if you don't land hard then they might hold up OK.

For the spikes configuration, I use all spikes for both batting and bowling, but it's really each to their own.

For an astro pitch though, you have to use all rubbers - or just normal runners.

yer because i would mainly be using them for (in this order) Fielding, Batting and then bowling
i dont land to hard so it should be ok

Typically a spinner would only wear half-spikes anyway (easier to pivot), which I assume is what is meant by 'batting shoe'. That is unless it's a mesh-type shoe where the toe is in danger of being cut up on the turf, in which case they might only be a single-season job.

Nah, it's a batting shoe because it is so light weight, I believe. So if you were landing hard on it then won't last that long. That's what the guy told me, anyway.

Back