Cricket Victoria - South East Bayside League

Yeah will be good. The strange thing for me is the grading it looks like our first eleven will be playing in the third division which would be the equivalent of south C1 so what our thirds were playing in when we were in the vtca last

Great to have Parkdale back - hopefully the first of many to return
The third division is a bit higher than C1. Remember that they are all 8 team grades so whereas C1 would have once had about 35-40 teams above it (6 in Senior, 6 in senior 2nds, 8-12 in South and/or south A, 8-12 (or 18) in south/south A 2nds – the top 40 teams would then make c1 the 6th division.

The third division as we’ve seen features some 1st XIs and some pretty good 2nd Xis – so the standard will be ok

The third division is a bit higher than C1. Remember that they are all 8 team grades so whereas C1 would have once had about 35-40 teams above it (6 in Senior, 6 in senior 2nds, 8-12 in South and/or south A, 8-12 (or 18) in south/south A 2nds – the top 40 teams would then make c1 the 6th division.

The third division as we’ve seen features some 1st XIs and some pretty good 2nd Xis – so the standard will be ok
Seems fair enough

So looks as though championship div & div 1 stay the same..
If the ranking system is used it will be
Div 2 parkdale in Cheltenham out
Div 3 Cheltenham in, Chelsea out
Div 4 parkdale, Chelsea in & Heatherton, parkdale united out
Parkdales 3s and 4s would go into div 5&6

Yeah will be good to play against all you guys again. Are you still playing ? We had some good battles against Hampton :)

We will be happy where ever we play. Give some of the kids a chance in the higher level

Yeah will be good to play against all you guys again. Are you still playing ? We had some good battles against Hampton :)

We will be happy where ever we play. Give some of the kids a chance in the higher level
Captained the 2s last year. 3 or 4 experienced heads in there and then just rotated every junior in the club through there!!! Will probably look to do the same this year, although hopefully a few of those kids can work their way into the 1st XI (we had a couple of 15 yo debutants last year)

Captained the 2s last year. 3 or 4 experienced heads in there and then just rotated every junior in the club through there!!! Will probably look to do the same this year, although hopefully a few of those kids can work their way into the 1st XI (we had a couple of 15 yo debutants last year)

Cmon rat, pump yourself up mate!! You captained a flag after finishing 8th in the Vtca 2nds Comp.
i still shake my head with what the Vtca were thinking having an 18 team Comp and then a 2 tier finals system.
This new comp will be fantastic and I congratulate CV and all the south clubs for making this happen!!

Cmon rat, pump yourself up mate!! You captained a flag after finishing 8th in the Vtca 2nds Comp.
i still shake my head with what the Vtca were thinking having an 18 team Comp and then a 2 tier finals system.
This new comp will be fantastic and I congratulate CV and all the south clubs for making this happen!!
Nothing wrong with the final 8, but the two tiered finals were ‘interesting’. We played some good cricket throughout the year, some ordinary cricket – and then the Grand Final was pretty much how you would want it to go.

Really excited about this year – some great innovations, and really impressed with the professionalism of everything so far. As I said earlier, great to have you guys back but would also be great to see Dingley, Aspendale – even Mordi and St Brigids – come across. High quality cricket with and against good blokes – without having to worry about a 60 minute drive as soon as you finish the game.

Should be a great year – I can’t wait

Nice work! I haven't really played much for the last 3/4 years but will make a comeback this year. The one good thing about the ddca was the pitches and grounds, most of them were amazing. Complete opposite to the vtca. I did hear quite a few grounds have been redone though so will be good to play on them again.

No complaints with any of the grounds we played on this year. As an old DDCA boy, those councils were about 5-10 years ahead in terms of going to the drought proof grass - which is great for the old body!!

Proposed gradings have been released...

Championship Division: 8 teams
Division One: 8 teams
Division Two: 8 teams
Division Three: 8 teams
Division Four: 8 teams
Division Five*: 11 teams
Sat One-dayers A: 8 teams
Sat One-dayers B: 10 teams
Sun One-dayers A: 6 teams
Sun One-dayers B: 6 teams
Sun Masters/Veterans: 3 teams

Championship - Div 4 are 80 overs per day 2 dayers
Div 5 is 70 overs per day 2 dayers
One-dayers and Masters are 35 overs per side 1 dayers

Posted on the subbies thread:
"The City of Glen Eira have pulled the pin on their grounds this week"
Any other news on ground availability for the first round of CSB?

What were Bonbeach Tangy thinking not preparing their second ground for the T20 double headers yesterday?? I'm told they were surprised and shocked to see both Hampton & Bentleigh players turn up at 11am for their game on oval 2!

Back