Cricket Victoria - South East Bayside League

Pretty bizarre. I just assumed that the council had not prepared a wicket because they had the 3rd and 4th XI fixtures for that ground, and there was no such game scheduled. I also assumed that's the reason behind the same scenario at Namitjira in Division 4. It would be interesting to know the real story - and what CSB will do about match points...

Not council prepared, Bonbeach do the pitches themselves.
Hampton have been awarded the points for the game against Bonbeach, the Bentleigh v Beaumaris game that wasn't played also, looks like it's been declared a draw.

There was also abit of talk doing the rounds yesterday that CSB have decided to replay R2 which was washed out the second week. This is to be played on Sun Jan 22.
Wat a joke this is, how can you replay a game that had already started on the 1st week. Leave these games as draws and move on!!

Not council prepared, Bonbeach do the pitches themselves.
Hampton have been awarded the points for the game against Bonbeach, the Bentleigh v Beaumaris game that wasn't played also, looks like it's been declared a draw.
In that case it is truly bizarre. Everybody else knew about the four teams arrangements.

There was also abit of talk doing the rounds yesterday that CSB have decided to replay R2 which was washed out the second week. This is to be played on Sun Jan 22.
Wat a joke this is, how can you replay a game that had already started on the 1st week. Leave these games as draws and move on!!
I note that the points for round 2 have been set to zero instead of 3, which is a hint, I guess. I too hope that this idea doesn't get up.

I also note that there is a Round 15 showing in My Cricket, a replay of round 2, dated Sun 22 January. Does this mean that the round will be replayed, but the existing runs and wickets (percentage) from the round 2 washout will be retained?

Message went out that they have scrapped this idea and Round 2 will now be officially a draw for all games.

Sun Jan 22 will now be for the two T20s that were meant to be played at Bonbeach and the T20s that were meant to be played at Clayton's 2nd ground.

Apparently Bonbeach to be fined for not preparing a pitch. The games that were cancelled at Clayton's 2nd ground was due to the pitch being deemed unsafe.

Message went out that they have scrapped this idea and Round 2 will now be officially a draw for all games.

Sun Jan 22 will now be for the two T20s that were meant to be played at Bonbeach and the T20s that were meant to be played at Clayton's 2nd ground.

Apparently Bonbeach to be fined for not preparing a pitch. The games that were cancelled at Clayton's 2nd ground was due to the pitch being deemed unsafe.
That used to be a loss of points.

Hey guys, If it rains as much as predicted on Sunday and games don't get on do you think the league with re-schedule the white ball final or just award it to the highest placed team ?

I thought that might be the case. I mean it's good for my club (all be it a hollow victory) our 1s and 2s are on top of their respective ladders.
Was hoping being the first year they might reschedule them

Disappointing not to have a reserve day for White Ball Grand Final, when there are Reserve Days for other Fixtures and Reserve Days for Red Ball Final.

Looks like games will struggle to get on tomorrow as well.

Not great from CSB.

Disappointing not to have a reserve day for White Ball Grand Final, when there are Reserve Days for other Fixtures and Reserve Days for Red Ball Final.

Looks like games will struggle to get on tomorrow as well.

Not great from CSB.
How is it that the weather is their fault. F me go back to the rabble running the vtca.

How is it that the weather is their fault. F me go back to the rabble running the vtca.

The weather is no one's fault.

Which is why there should be a reserve date in provision to replay the game if it's abandoned due to the rain. Only way to ensure the fairest result. No one wants to win a Grand Final by default when there's plenty of time to reschedule it.

The weather is no one's fault.

Which is why there should be a reserve date in provision to replay the game if it's abandoned due to the rain. Only way to ensure the fairest result. No one wants to win a Grand Final by default when there's plenty of time to reschedule it.
7 rounds to finish on top, get over it.

Congrats SCCC on winning the comp. GF must have been riveting viewing waiting to see if they could do it none down. If Subbies clubs don't enter this comp it is going to be pretty boring.

Not really, Tang beat them twice and would have been 3 times for the season if not for rain, so its not as though South went through undefeated. Yes dominated the Granny but not a reflection of the evenness of the season.

Back