Cricsim league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kshitiz

Cricsim league?

Hello,

I've just come back to the site, after what, like 2 months, and I just noticed, there's no Fantasy Cricket league anymore? Or is it just me being stupid and not noticing? It was a great league and I'd really like to see it back

Kshitiz

Re: Cricsim league?

The Fantasy Cricket League is on hiatus for the time being. The previous season we had was extremely interrupted to the point where no-one really knew what was happening anymore. We managed to finish the season off and begin a new one with Frodo in charge but unfortunately Frodo wanted everything his own way and in turn acted like a complete dickhead in the process. He was subsequently banned and the League was stopped with the threads being merged into the 99.94 Club board.

If interest picks up, a new league will be started up but for the forseeable future there will be no fantasy cricket league here.

Shame, I really enjoyed my time here. If you want I can help in setting up a new league. You can start with a small T20 comp just to get things organised and stuff, and you can use my T20 simulator for that.

Kshitiz;401189 said:
Shame, I really enjoyed my time here. If you want I can help in setting up a new league. You can start with a small T20 comp just to get things organised and stuff, and you can use my T20 simulator for that.

If you're happy to help out then I'm all for it but you'll have to find people that are interested though. The best way to start off would be to have a BigCricket rep side and play teams from around the world, whether that be international teams or domestic sides.

Ljp86;401192 said:
If you're happy to help out then I'm all for it but you'll have to find people that are interested though. The best way to start off would be to have a BigCricket rep side and play teams from around the world, whether that be international teams or domestic sides.
I would want to set up the entire league on my own but unfortunately I have time issues. But as I said, I'm willing to help out, kinda like a guiding hand to someone who wants to step up to the job. I'd be willing to go on my own in the initial stages though.

The International / Domestic sides would take a lot of simming for pretty much something that has all luck and no banter and stuff. Maybe the best place to start would be to put up an announcement and have a thread where people can express interest.

Kshitiz;401233 said:
I would want to set up the entire league on my own but unfortunately I have time issues. But as I said, I'm willing to help out, kinda like a guiding hand to someone who wants to step up to the job. I'd be willing to go on my own in the initial stages though.

There is really no-one to help you out here at the moment, Kshitiz. Those who have helped proved to be unreasonable or incompetent while those who can't help can't do so because of limited time, operating system constraints and other such problems (e.g school, uni, work etc). If we were to have a competition, you would have to do the bulk of the simming and the groundwork.

Kshitiz said:
The International / Domestic sides would take a lot of simming for pretty much something that has all luck and no banter and stuff. Maybe the best place to start would be to put up an announcement and have a thread where people can express interest.

I suggested playing a few international/domestic sides to start with is due to the interest. I don't think you'll find more than 11 players at the moment to play so beginning something like I suggested would be the way to go as a starting point.

I don't think MC is too keen on fantasy cricket for the time being anyway after what happened last time. But, you are more than welcome to start a few threads and see if you can gain some interest. If things pick up then I can't see why a small league (playing against countries/domestic sides) or another type of series can't be started. @|

I'll save you the trouble - no.

It is a waste of time and I can't be bothered to watch it all start up again only to implode once again.

It needs either someone who is dedicated enough to do it all themselves or a team of 3-5, who are trustworthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back